#1 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 16:05

.... Xind/Karthark type Content....???

Just putting it out there.... made leveling a little more interesting through these stages :)

In fact, we must be due just some 'content' lol... been 4-5 weeks? Although I relaise you have been dam busy on other aspects of the game... fair play *tips hat* But 42 players at EoC... come on guys, keep pumping out that content :)

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2012 - 16:27

50-100 levels of content all in a single storyline arc would be nice. Might actually be worth hunting regularly for that.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 16:52

I really like the story lines with these big quest, but over all Karthark SUCKS!!!!!!! I would like to see a little more thought put into them. Every quest is costing me almost 1mil gold With having to buy at least 1 item per quest and even maybe the recipe at times. Thats not even including the quests that take multiple invent able items. basically every hunt right now im spending WAY more then im getting back.

So with that said please make it a little more cost friendly :).

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:20

100 level content with Triple xp event and Conserve 750 pot offer :twisted: :mrgreen:

#5 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:32

YEA YEA YEA just wait til im past Karthark so i could power lvl to EOC :twisted:

#6 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:42

Harder and somewhat interesting lvling content would be appreciated for sure ... and C4rpy, not that long ago we got new lvling content; April 10th ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106337 )

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#7 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:49

I really like the story lines with these big quest, but over all Karthark SUCKS!!!!!!! I would like to see a little more thought put into them. Every quest is costing me almost 1mil gold With having to buy at least 1 item per quest and even maybe the recipe at times. Thats not even including the quests that take multiple invent able items. basically every hunt right now im spending WAY more then im getting back.

Costly quest are good for game economy, less gold floating around. I once calculated that doing that 941 - 970 quest sting cost around 43M :)

#8 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:59

In fact, we must be due just some 'content' lol... been 4-5 weeks?

It's 3 weeks and 5 days ago that HCS released 10 levels of new content.
I'm nearly getting the shivers from having to do without content for so long. :mrgreen:

Costly quest are good for game economy, less gold floating around. I once calculated that doing that 941 - 970 quest sting cost around 43M :)

Just to put it into perspective: that is close to what you make from leveling.

#9 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 18:00

WOW are you kidding me. BAH!!!!!!!!

#10 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:40

I really doubt his calculations are that accurate. :roll:
There are 17 quests from level 941-970 and they require that you buy a total of around 35 items from shops at a price of 420k-440k per item. That's 15 mil gold and not even close to 43 mil. :roll:

I can't imagine spending 43 mil on those levels, because I still made a bit of gold during those levels. :D

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:23

I LOVED Karthak - it was interesting again ... Shame the 9 piece suit at the end of it sucked, but hey, it was good. And you say you're spending more than you get back ? - unless you're using sacrifice (in which case your pain is "self-inflicted") I highly doubt it.

Is it expensive ? yes - is the quest arc "negative equity?" ? - NO.

#12 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:38

I LOVED Karthak - it was interesting again ... Shame the 9 piece suit at the end of it sucked, but hey, it was good. And you say you're spending more than you get back ? - unless you're using sacrifice (in which case your pain is "self-inflicted") I highly doubt it.

Everyone wants gold sinks, only they want others to drive the cost of gold up.

Karthak is fine. It's a rewarding questline story wise (from ~940-1k). The quests give a nice break from the mundane 1234r, and they are not required. If you don't want to pay, you don't need to do the quests.

#13 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:39

I just finished a little hunt and 1 quest cost me over 2mil in gold, From what i am being told all quest are like this through out the Karthark. I dont mind the hard work but its just way to expensive

#14 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:47

Everyone wants gold sinks, only they want others to drive the cost of gold up.

Karthak is fine. It's a rewarding questline story wise (from ~940-1k). The quests give a nice break from the mundane 1234r, and they are not required. If you don't want to pay, you don't need to do the quests.

If you want to move to the next lvl you have to do the quest. quest are required to move to the next area ;). When i have to spend fsp to get gold for a quest then yea it cost to much. I wouldnt care if my hunt cost all the gold i made from the hunt. im fine with making no gold. I just dont want it to cost me extra.

#15 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:53

I just finished a little hunt and 1 quest cost me over 2mil in gold, From what i am being told all quest are like this through out the Karthark. I dont mind the hard work but its just way to expensive

I think you're told wrong.
There are 3 expensive quests and they cost around 2-3 million each. One of them is the level 947 quest.
The other 14 quests require you to buy 1 or 2 items in a shop and those cost 430k per item. So it's less expensive than that. It's just more expensive than pre-Karthak quests where you don't spend any gold at all. :wink:

#16 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 May 2012 - 21:56

If you want to move to the next lvl you have to do the quest. quest are required to move to the next area ;).

This is incorrect. You can level to 951 in the 941-950 areas(without subleveling), then portal into karthak. From there, you can strategically move around realms and level up to 971 (without subleveling). Portal into the 971 realm and then you have a clean run to 1000.

#17 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:16

... and C4rpy, not that long ago we got new lvling content; April 10th ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106337 )

ah yep, so I wasn't that far off with my 4-5 week estimation then

#18 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 07 May 2012 - 18:54

I really doubt his calculations are that accurate. :roll:
There are 17 quests from level 941-970 and they require that you buy a total of around 35 items from shops at a price of 420k-440k per item. That's 15 mil gold and not even close to 43 mil. :roll:

I can't imagine spending 43 mil on those levels, because I still made a bit of gold during those levels. :D

Yeah, something fishy on my calculations... I did them again, got 20.5M... prolly missing some quest items required to wear to kill elite or something.. Here is list in case some1 is interested.

A Golden Opportunity
Drawstring Pouch 423450
Cut above the Rest
Prowler Fang Recipe 424350
Bone Grinder 424350
Gomji Anchor Recipe 424800
Gomji Hammer 424800
Gomji Hand Saw 425700
A Simple Trade
Kutubu Quiver 426150
Kutubu Warbeads 426600
Kutubu Rune Stone Recipe 427500
Kutubu Rune Staff Recipe 427500
Paying the Dues
Karthak Coin Counter 427950
Payback
Long Loop Chain 428850
Cut Purse Trophy Head Recipe 428850
Clouded Sight
Rich Parchment 429300
Rune of the Sun 529300
Hollow Cup Recipe 429300
Proof of Death
Red Trinket Box 429750
Masters Honor
Tract Spine 430200
Shadowy Secrets
Karthak Crude Dagger 430650
Karthak Crude Dagger 430650
A Favor for a Friend
Karthak Guard Uniform Recipe 431100
Karthak City Guard Armor Recipe 431100
Karthak City Guard Helm Recipe 431100
Karthak City Guard Pike Recipe 431100
Seaworthy Rum Crate 431550
The Rising of the Old
Shining Crystal 432000
Sidon Spear Recipe 432000
Nereus Saff 432000
Ravenous Lurkers
Empty Spell Prism 432250
Char Koth Rune 532900
Jindor Rune 532900
Lancroft Hand Gem Recipe 532900
Lancroft Skull Gem Recipe 532900
Lancroft Soul Gem Recipe 532900
Salkin Rune 532900
Cloaked Darkness
Karthak (Magic Quarter) (5, 7) give 1300100
Karthak Signet 434250
Jet Black Genstone Recipe 434250
Rune of Schicoapel 434250
Making an Impression
Seastone Pendent Recipe 435150
Amulet of Defalkel 435150
Testing the Limits
Gyroscopic Anchor Frame 435600
Scrying Candle 435050
Furnace Room Schematic Recipe 436500

So, if some1 thinks I am missing something I am more than happy to be corrected. Still, 20M is pretty impressive amount of gold.

And quests after Karthak to level 1k all require gold ... maybe that is that 43M howering on my mind.

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:42

If you want to move to the next lvl you have to do the quest. quest are required to move to the next area ;).

This is incorrect. You can level to 951 in the 941-950 areas(without subleveling), then portal into karthak. From there, you can strategically move around realms and level up to 971 (without subleveling). Portal into the 971 realm and then you have a clean run to 1000.

Added to that karthak is one of the few places in game where you can kill critters above you're own level.

#20 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13

Added to that karthak is one of the few places in game where you can kill critters above you're own level.

Arghhh! You let the secret out! :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: