Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:35

"donalde" wrote:
Costly quest are good for game economy, less gold floating around. I once calculated that doing that 941 - 970 quest sting cost around 43M :)

WOW are you kidding me. BAH!!!!!!!!

I really doubt his calculations are that accurate. :roll:
There are 17 quests from level 941-970 and they require that you buy a total of around 35 items from shops at a price of 420k-440k per item. That's 15 mil gold and not even close to 43 mil. :roll:

I can't imagine spending 43 mil on those levels, because I still made a bit of gold during those levels. :D

Yeah, something fishy on my calculations... I did them again, got 20.5M... prolly missing some quest items required to wear to kill elite or something.. Here is list in case some1 is interested.

So, if some1 thinks I am missing something I am more than happy to be corrected. Still, 20M is pretty impressive amount of gold.

And quests after Karthak to level 1k all require gold ... maybe that is that 43M howering on my mind.

That list looks quite accurate. I see I missed a few items in my calculation two days ago.

After level 970 there are a lot of quests that also require you to spend gold on shop purchases. I can't exactly remember the all quests after level 1000, but I do remember selling a lot of shop items to various people that still needed to do those quests. I sold them because Inventor II saved them on my inventions. :wink:
So spending gold on quests isn't just a Karthak-thing; it's all over the high level quests. But Karthak simply has more quests than average and they are also a bit more expensive than average.

Also the level 1000 quest is expensive. You need to buy 3 recipes and 3 items (1 for each recipe). Each recipe also requires you to invent 2 specific ingredients, so you'll need to buy 6 more recipes in total. At prices around 430k and 450k per item this quest easily costs over 5 mil gold.
Though people who have done this quest seldom complain about spending gold, but instead remember the agony of something else... :twisted:

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22

People are getting too caught up with the financial ramifications of quests. Not surprising really, this is FS after all, home of the unnaturally greedy :S

I don't believe that was C4's intention for the post though was it, xind wasn't an expensive quest line, it was simply more involving. Content related to each other through quests and monster types is MUCH more interesting that 10 levels of random gunk, followed by another 10 levels of random gunk a few weeks later. (if we're lucky)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:47

People are getting too caught up with the financial ramifications of quests. Not surprising really, this is FS after all, home of the unnaturally greedy :S

I don't believe that was C4's intention for the post though was it, xind wasn't an expensive quest line, it was simply more involving. Content related to each other through quests and monster types is MUCH more interesting that 10 levels of random gunk, followed by another 10 levels of random gunk a few weeks later. (if we're lucky)

+1

#24 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:48

karthak and xind were fun for me to do the cost of quests etc is of no interest to me as they can be bypassed in karthak . People whining about the cost of them or that they are hard really ? Do you want the game to be so blindly simple and 1234 r etc etc ?

Its a game people play and enjoy. Your choices are causing your own issues accept it or change.

#25 Thorsark

Thorsark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:40

Also the level 1000 quest is expensive. You need to buy 3 recipes and 3 items (1 for each recipe). Each recipe also requires you to invent 2 specific ingredients, so you'll need to buy 6 more recipes in total. At prices around 430k and 450k per item this quest easily costs over 5 mil gold.
Though people who have done this quest seldom complain about spending gold, but instead remember the agony of something else... :twisted:

Yeah, I hit the 1000 quest today, "catching up" on karthak quests. I bought some recipes, really looked at it and decided a pause is in order.

#26 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:49

I really like the story lines with these big quest, but over all Karthark SUCKS!!!!!!! I would like to see a little more thought put into them. Every quest is costing me almost 1mil gold With having to buy at least 1 item per quest and even maybe the recipe at times. Thats not even including the quests that take multiple invent able items. basically every hunt right now im spending WAY more then im getting back.

So with that said please make it a little more cost friendly :).

Costly quest are good for game economy, less gold floating around. I once calculated that doing that 941 - 970 quest sting cost around 43M :)

WOW are you kidding me. BAH!!!!!!!!

I just finished the Karthak quests. Mind you, I hunted through with the xp event, and then doubled back just to do quests, but all the same ... I went from 10 million gold in the bank to just over 1 million, and had to exchange about 40 FSPs for gold after that.

#27 SirSpears

SirSpears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 06:13

nah these quests suck. its literally just invent, invent, invent. literal gold sink. I just want to LEVEL UP. not be required to do 20 quests to no longer be 'area locked'.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2022 - 06:19

nah these quests suck. its literally just invent, invent, invent. literal gold sink. I just want to LEVEL UP. not be required to do 20 quests to no longer be 'area locked'.

Except for the Xinderoth questline, quests are mostly optional, and even in the case of Karthak, it is possible to just level past it if you know the path...   

Edited by BadPenny, 25 July 2022 - 06:20.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 SirSpears

SirSpears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 06:27

Except for the Xinderoth questline, quests are mostly optional, and even in the case of Karthak, it is possible to just level past it if you know the path...   

there is definitely parts where you had to complete quests in order to not be area locked. But looking back, I think im referring to the quests within Xanlin Plains realm; a golden opportunity -> cut above the rest -> thrown away -> a simple trade. If I dont have to do any of these quests in Karthak realm (already completed two [paying the dues & payback], as well as nearly finished a third [clouded sight]) then that would be great to know. 

Edited by SirSpears, 25 July 2022 - 06:31.

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2022 - 16:56

there is definitely parts where you had to complete quests in order to not be area locked. But looking back, I think im referring to the quests within Xanlin Plains realm; a golden opportunity -> cut above the rest -> thrown away -> a simple trade. If I dont have to do any of these quests in Karthak realm (already completed two [paying the dues & payback], as well as nearly finished a third [clouded sight]) then that would be great to know. 

I sent you the known path to avoid the whole questline

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 16:10

Aside, reviving a dead post.

As to Xanlin-Karthak questline, the Wiki suggest an order is required only. One can follow the questline in the Wiki without doing quests. By following where to go from the quests at one's level, one should be able to navigate the realms. However, commenters in other posts have suggested a roadblock quest does exists. It's unclear if roadblock is part of the questline.

Help!

[Edit] 

My apologies, very useful thread.

Realm level - Realm name - creature level

Areas with link to Karthak City WA in orange - can be used for traveling in the WA

951 South Gate 951

951 Merchant Quarter 952

951 Market Square 953

951 City Park 955

951 Alchemist Quarter 956

951 Poor Quarter 957

958 Guard Quarter 958

951 Harbour 959

951 Temple Quarter 960

951 Necropolis 961

962 Mausoleum (Dark Realm - may need vision buff) 962

951 Magic Quarter 963

964 Martial Ward 964

965 Fort 965

951 North Gate 966

967 Seastone Keep 967

968 Seastone Court 968

969 Seastone Library 969

970 Furnace Room 970

971 Volmar Wastes (Karthak Wall) 971

(No quest) assuming no roadblock

[/Edit]

Edited by michael65, 22 September 2022 - 00:13.

#32 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 09:08

I know this is an old thread (nice bump micheal65) but I have to agree with C4 and the small number of players saying positive things about Karthik and Xinderoth. A story arc/questline or two that actually required some thinking, planning and analysis to complete efficiently. A nice change from what has effectively become levelling with a WIN button (anyone remember suicide setups and changing gear every few levels?). Composed potions and new(er) buffs have made levelling completely unchallenging.

I for one would love to see somthing challenging rather than just mash my WIN button until I get a reward.

IMO it should not be at EOC but a gateway added to e,g Cathedral of Ways or low-level realms leading to level/quest restricted realms (much like e.g. Rosmeriat and Springtime Forest etc.). Rosmeriat was great new content but the questlines were fairly simple, and unlinked.

Here's hoping the Cows can find time to do something like this. And, of course, if you don't like it just don't do it... 

Edited by LordOfRuin, 28 July 2022 - 09:11.

#33 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:28

an interesting story arc set in a specific special realm would be cool. Me mentioning it is probably the death kneel though mind

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2022 - 23:54

an interesting story arc set in a specific special realm would be cool. Me mentioning it is probably the death kneel though mind

I'll take any story arc that involves more than just killing x of y, return to start point, get reward. Need more Karthak and Dreadlord arcs ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: