#41 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 23:26

@Arioche

After discussing potential changes for PvP ladder with BigGrim on the HCS discord, I was inspired by how strongly BG feels about offline players being unable defend themselves.

Name Reception

Skill 0.1% per point chance of activating a potion sent to the player

Context Players who are offline are limited to the buffs others can cast on them which are always going to be limited to 175 + Buff enchancer bonus. With this buff, allies and guild members can choose to send a potion to the player to help them defend on the ladder, bounty board and in guild vs guild conflicts. 

At level 203 this will mean a 1 in 5 chance of a potion being activated, so if this buff was live, people will send 4-5 Zombie Brews to someone followed by 4-5 pride followed by whatever tradeable potions they will to send. Obviously with guild tagged potions people can keep trying over and over using the recall function without having to wait for the player to come online and return the excess potions.

This buff does have potential for abuse however we are allowed to block buffs from being casted on ourselves so this will either be blocked or be paired with the guild and allies "blocking level" to prevent others from sending unwanted potions but allowing trades from guild members.

So your idea is to keep sending and recalling until something sticks?  I have a better idea to make it really meaningful.  You can send them whatever tradeable potions you want and hope they activate but the ones that don't are destroyed.  Otherwise, it's just a matter of continually sending them the same potions repeatedly until you get the result you want - no risk and all reward.

Screenshot everything!

#42 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 02:29

So your idea is to keep sending and recalling until something sticks?  I have a better idea to make it really meaningful.  You can send them whatever tradeable potions you want and hope they activate but the ones that don't are destroyed.  Otherwise, it's just a matter of continually sending them the same potions repeatedly until you get the result you want - no risk and all reward.

It did cross my mind, however if there is a high chance of losing a potion I don't see people using the buff outside of high profile GvGs. The drawback that would exist in my iteration is that outside of tagged potions it can be costly - if I want to guarantee the activation of a buff from a donation pot I will need to open 4-5 of them and I will be stuck with them unable to switch to a different pot option from the container.

#43 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2022 - 18:25

I have been toying with armor/HP gear setups  and notice it takes a lot of attribute points into base HP, hoping all the buffs    will make a difference.

Galvanize is ok yet not very many players will have Healer in their toolbox...except lvl 4000+ or composers above lvl 70-ish.

I have 2 gear setups, 1 fully armor and the other armor/HP.

If I use the armor/HP setup I get about 8K HP from set stats, yet a loss of 20K armor stats (these are without buffs)

so I just as well use the higher armor setup - saving stam by not using HP boosting skills.

Now if the Great Vigor skill  might be changed to resemble  the Vitality skill, then Armor/HP setup may look more enticing. 

Vitality +0.1% per point HP for each complete set equipped

Great Vigor +0.2% per point to base HP

My opinion about Relic Defender is that it need to have a high duration because we never know when a guild will strike. Otherwise we would have to refresh buff every hour or so. 

#44 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 18:49

A lot of discontent on both sides of the argument... The way I see it is this:

Buffs, excluding those of a high enough level to fire 100% of the time, are a roll of the di©e that if successful will give you some sort of advantage. Surely your opponent having a similar opportunity is in the interests of balanced play? It is, after all, decided by whatever RNG the cows employ. If that chance of advantage is hugely one-sided then the game will suffer. The cows are simply doing what they see as the best solution to the feedback they have whilst keeping the game balanced and fair. Just because they didn't do exactly as YOU (non-specific) asked or wanted does not mean it is bad for the game. There are one or more buffs in this game I dislike to a greater or lesser extent but I realise that the cows aren't going to 1 - make any massive changes, tweaks are adequate, and 2 - pander to my individual demands...

Live with the changes... how much difference will they really make (apart from give someone extra di©e roll)?

Just an observation,

LoR

#45 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 18:53

Again, no - search for them, or buy locations - game does NOT need dumbing down further

"No" like it will not happen because you said so?

Who are you to say "no" without giving any reason in your posts? you can give positive response like adding buff like this but at higher cost instead of giving lazy "No"

I would listen to more players who are active in the game, not a few least active players who do 1 or 2 things in the game occasionally...

If you afraid of losing your top spot you have to be active , you can't save it while you are less active

I went less active in arena and i lost my place in top rated and returned most active to take it back !

Activity what makes the game alive not a dull mechanics.

Edited by shindrak, 17 November 2022 - 19:05.

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2022 - 19:39

"No" like it will not happen because you said so?

Who are you to say "no" without giving any reason in your posts? you can give positive response like adding buff like this but at higher cost instead of giving lazy "No"

I would listen to more players who are active in the game, not a few least active players who do 1 or 2 things in the game occasionally...

If you afraid of losing your top spot you have to be active , you can't save it while you are less active

I went less active in arena and i lost my place in top rated and returned most active to take it back !

Activity what makes the game alive not a dull mechanics.

LMAO - there WAS a reason - the game doesn't need dumbing down anymore. And my "NO" is just as valid as your "YES" thank you.

And, puh-lease ? - least active players who do one or two things occasionally ? - LMAO - scraping the barrel there a lil bit I think.

Finally, afraid of losing my top spot ? - not at all - I actually congratulated him on overtaking me, but once again, don't let facts get in the way of a good, but inaccurate, ramble.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 20:20

LMAO - there WAS a reason - the game doesn't need dumbing down anymore. And my "NO" is just as valid as your "YES" thank you.

And, puh-lease ? - least active players who do one or two things occasionally ? - LMAO - scraping the barrel there a lil bit I think.

Finally, afraid of losing my top spot ? - not at all - I actually congratulated him on overtaking me, but once again, don't let facts get in the way of a good, but inaccurate, ramble.

I still can't see an explanation for why it is dumbing down. 

Most of dumbing down happened on PvP only... everything else is still the same. sorry can't see if your reason is valid, more explaining needed, please.

Maybe it is all about Dissent and you will be known.

Edited by shindrak, 17 November 2022 - 20:27.

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2022 - 19:17

I still can't see an explanation for why it is dumbing down. 

Most of dumbing down happened on PvP only... everything else is still the same. sorry can't see if your reason is valid, more explaining needed, please.

Having a buff that finds an SE (or chest) is dumbing down in that it requires far less work / stamina to find them. Medal achievements do no need making easier. There, that do you ?

Maybe it is all about Dissent and you will be known.

Say what? - no idea what you're meaning there ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#49 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 02:47

I do not think we need a buff to make finding SE easier.

I do not think we need a buff to make finding chests easier.

I think this would constitute dumbing down the game: it would make something previously harder and/or tedious much easier.

I say this as a titan hunter who was within 50K of ruby when the titan doubler came out. I got ruby 2 weeks later, maybe less. I put in serious hours for those lower level titan medals. Folk who have earned diamond titan after the doubler came into existence have no idea how hard it was, or what the 6 hour grind you needed to do to secure the terror titan meant, when you were waiting, for hours, for a guild team to drop in and steal it. And sometimes they did, and you just had to suck it up. 1 HP at a time. I look back now and wonder why I bothered.

Get off my lawn. No really. I cut it nicely.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#50 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:07

I do not think we need a buff to make finding SE easier.

I do not think we need a buff to make finding chests easier.

I think this would constitute dumbing down the game: it would make something previously harder and/or tedious much easier.

I say this as a titan hunter who was within 50K of ruby when the titan doubler came out. I got ruby 2 weeks later, maybe less. I put in serious hours for those lower level titan medals. Folk who have earned diamond titan after the doubler came into existence have no idea how hard it was, or what the 6 hour grind you needed to do to secure the terror titan meant, when you were waiting, for hours, for a guild team to drop in and steal it. And sometimes they did, and you just had to suck it up. 1 HP at a time. I look back now and wonder why I bothered.

Get off my lawn. No really. I cut it nicely.

We are seeking new players, we can't force them to play the way we played 10 years ago
 especially players using FS app,

My medal, your medal, his medal everyone's medal is worthless if we don't have an active game.

For example, look at the arena, i earned the first 10k wins in the hardest way when we had like 30 tourneys spawning only, and now more tourneys spawning and i don't care if new players earn their wins in the easier way and i can confirm many players joined Arena nowadays.

I hope some change happens to the ladder to stop players from promoting inactivity!

Sorry for off topic but everything connected together when it comes to stamina spending.

I personally can't negate any change that helps others to stay active or get more active.

Edited by shindrak, 24 November 2022 - 11:08.

#51 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:09

We are seeking new players, we can't force them to play the way we played 10 years ago
 especially players using FS app,

My medal, your medal, his medal everyone's medal is worthless if we don't have an active game.

For example, look at the arena, i earned the first 10k wins in the hardest way when we had like 30 tourneys spawning only, and now more tourneys spawning and i don't care if new players earn their wins in the easier way and i can confirm many players joined Arena nowadays.

I hope some change happens to the ladder to stop players from promoting inactivity!

Sorry for off topic but everything connected together when it comes to stamina spending.

I personally can't negate any change that helps others to stay active or get more active.

I hear you. I want the game to be more active, and for the player base to expand.

But does making SE and chests easier to find achieve that? I think not.

Neither of those things are on a new player's radar. New players want to gain levels, to get access to new gear, to PvP when they get the chance.

Other aspects of the game open up after people get their feet under them, and start to look for new challenges outside of levelling.

That is where our/HCS's focus should lie. Get players past the inital level grind and get them to a place where they can choose different game styles.

I think new players should "grind" to 100 (which will be much easier once the epic quest line is expanded!) , then have perma DXP to 500 to accelerate them through those levels. Then they can look around and see what they want to do/how they want to play. I think this will make app players happy as it gives them gratification early, then the chance to try to do something different/ start tailoring their game experience to what interests them inside a large game ecosystem that gives them a lot of options. I think Gutie suggested this, or something similar, many years ago.

I'd actually be in favour of perma DXP to level 3000 for newbies, to hook them hard and get them to invest in their chatacters and the game.

So those are the parts of my lawn I'm ok with folk trampling on: early easy level gain. Medals should still be a challenge, however. Challenges also keep people interested. They give motivated players a target, a reason to spend stam. If you make everything easy, nobody cares to try. That is the balance HCS has to find.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:45

I hear you. I want the game to be more active, and for the player base to expand.

But does making SE and chests easier to find achieve that? I think not.

Neither of those things are on a new player's radar. New players want to gain levels, to get access to new gear, to PvP when they get the chance.

Other aspects of the game open up after people get their feet under them, and start to look for new challenges outside of levelling.

That is where our/HCS's focus should lie. Get players past the inital level grind and get them to a place where they can choose different game styles.

I think new players should "grind" to 100 (which will be much easier once the epic quest line is expanded!) , then have perma DXP to 500 to accelerate them through those levels. Then they can look around and see what they want to do/how they want to play. I think this will make app players happy as it gives them gratification early, then the chance to try to do something different/ start tailoring their game experience to what interests them inside a large game ecosystem that gives them a lot of options. I think Gutie suggested this, or something similar, many years ago.

I'd actually be in favour of perma DXP to level 3000 for newbies, to hook them hard and get them to invest in their chatacters and the game.

So those are the parts of my lawn I'm ok with folk trampling on: early easy level gain. Medals should still be a challenge, however. Challenges also keep people interested. They give motivated players a target, a reason to spend stam. If you make everything easy, nobody cares to try. That is the balance HCS has to find.

I was against making this buff to work on SEs,
Was talking about "Chests" since you can move around 20 realms without finding one or you could step on one without noticing it.

this buff could be working  like Vision skill you have to be close to the chest to see it like 4-6 tiles around the character for lvl 175 skill?

This skill will not make the game easier, there are many things that require learning in the game but searching for chests is not one of them...

Edited by shindrak, 29 November 2022 - 10:47.

#53 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2022 - 16:53

This skill will not make the game easier, there are many things that require learning in the game but searching for chests is not one of them...

By it's very definition, a skill that helps you find chests DOES make the game easier ...

You want it, I (and others) don't - we just go round in circles ..

Edited by Pardoux, 29 November 2022 - 16:54.

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 18:10

By it's very definition, a skill that helps you find chests DOES make the game easier ...

You want it, I (and others) don't - we just go round in circles ..

No, it just doesn't make the game easier . The game is not Chests and SE's only .. Explore the game more then we talk what easy and what is hard ;)

I'm not asking to add the skill anymore just discussing your definition of game's difficulty.

Edited by shindrak, 29 November 2022 - 18:19.

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 20:40

Finding chests currently = random more or less

Random =/= difficulty.

Adding something to the effect of above (Hot/Cold indicator) would actually create difficulty in a place that lacks it almost entirely.

Adding a Hot/Cold indicator actually requires substantially more cognitive thought than turning on footstep tracker and aimlessly walking map to map. Especially if this hot/cold indicator potentially worked more so than just on a single map.

This also gives more depth to this aspect of play.

It's fine to be against this, but lets not kid ourselves that chests right now are "difficult".

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 November 2022 - 20:55.

#56 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2022 - 20:57

No, it just doesn't make the game easier . The game is not Chests and SE's only .. Explore the game more then we talk what easy and what is hard ;)

I'm not asking to add the skill anymore just discussing your definition of game's difficulty.

Wow, a reply that is both pedantic and patronising in 1 go....

"making the game easier" was referring to, as well you know, "making that facet of the game easier"

and "explore the game more" ? - gee, I think I've explored plenty - certainly the facets of it that interest me and keep me coming back.

Edited by Pardoux, 29 November 2022 - 21:00.

#57 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 21:25

Wow, a reply that is both pedantic and patronising in 1 go....

"making the game easier" was referring to, as well you know, "making that facet of the game easier"

and "explore the game more" ? - gee, I think I've explored plenty - certainly the facets of it that interest me and keep me coming back.

Many can explore the game plenty and end up learning nothing :)

Just 1 time give reasonable feedback. i would accept it but just saying in short "No it makes the game easier" doesn't give darn sense.

#58 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2022 - 17:43

Many can explore the game plenty and end up learning nothing :)

Just 1 time give reasonable feedback. i would accept it but just saying in short "No it makes the game easier" doesn't give darn sense.

You stick to your choice, I'll stick to my choice .. If you fail to see how having a buff that makes locating a chest easier actually makes "locating a chest easier" then that's your problem and not mine.

And, please, if you've nothing constructive to say, at least lay of the insults...

#59 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 21:19

You stick to your choice, I'll stick to my choice .. If you fail to see how having a buff that makes locating a chest easier actually makes "locating a chest easier" then that's your problem and not mine.

And, please, if you've nothing constructive to say, at least lay of the insults...

I already gave my constructive feedback yet you still reply to my posts just attacking my opinion without giving an explanation why it is a bad skill .

If you fail to know "Searching for Chests" is not part of game's difficulty then you still need to explore the game more.

Please don't reply to my opinions negatively and you won't get replied with negative one too.

See the discussion with Belaric , maybe you will understand.

Edited by shindrak, 30 November 2022 - 21:30.

#60 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 November 2022 - 21:42

Pardoux if you believe that searching realms for chest is a level of difficulty in the game; please for the sake of all players that do enjoy the game and it's many different aspects and levels of difficulty, leave the discussion for those that care about this game and it's progression.

I've watched your comments on many posts and have kept to myself for a good while now and although you respond often to many a different topics and forum posts, nothing decent ever comes of your *contribution*.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: