• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:12

Just wondering if anyone else out there thinks that the cost of crystal keys is absolutely ridicuolous?  If the reward for opening a crystal chest even came close to justifying the ~55fsp (or 200 days of logging in to earn enough loyalty points) then I wouldn't mind so much.  Currently, I do not know of ANY chest that has an item valued at over 50fsp (not even the alchemist chest, and that one only requires a gold key!).

I was wondering if the cows would consider either:

1) Lowering the cost to purchase keys, maybe to half their current cost;  and/or

2) Change the rewards from chests to make them worth spending the gold/loyalty points to open them.  I'm sorry, but spending close to 60fsp to get a piece of useless crystalline gear that goes into the composing pile is just not right.

Looking forward to hearing from the cows on this.  Thanks!

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:15

Just wondering if anyone else out there thinks that the cost of crystal keys is absolutely ridicuolous?  If the reward for opening a crystal chest even came close to justifying the ~55fsp (or 200 days of logging in to earn enough loyalty points) then I wouldn't mind so much.  Currently, I do not know of ANY chest that has an item valued at over 50fsp (not even the alchemist chest, and that one only requires a gold key!).

1) Lowering the cost to purchase keys, maybe to half their current cost;  and/or

2) Change the rewards from chests to make them worth spending the gold/loyalty points to open them.  I'm sorry, but spending close to 60fsp to get a piece of useless crystalline gear that goes into the composing pile is just not right.

Would have to agree wholeheartedly there ... since SH and such came out, the crystalline items in the chests have become next to useless (for anything other than composing) and the costs of opening said chests is pretty darned expensive.

The chests are in dire need of a revamp - and, theoretically at least, this should be pretty easy to accomplish ? - the only item I know of in ANY of the chests with any value now is the RF400 potion ??

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:18

Would have to agree wholeheartedly there ... since SH and such came out, the crystalline items in the chests have become next to useless (for anything other than composing) and the costs of opening said chests is pretty darned expensive.

The chests are in dire need of a revamp - and, theoretically at least, this should be pretty easy to accomplish ? - the only item I know of in ANY of the chests with any value now is the RF400 potion ??

+1. I'd be less inclined to lower the chest cost as I feel it might be an injustice to those who have actually paid the gold/loyalty tokens for the higher chests (me not included), but I'm all for a revamp of those items. I'm thinking maybe a new set or that comes out of the chests, maybe one per chest tier?

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:25

+1. I'd be less inclined to lower the chest cost as I feel it might be an injustice to those who have actually paid the gold/loyalty tokens for the higher chests (me not included), but I'm all for a revamp of those items. I'm thinking maybe a new set or that comes out of the chests, maybe one per chest tier?

A cryst set will be great for that. 1 set per ct tier.

I have opened only 2 chest until now, just the ones i founded when hunting, and only opened for medal, nothing else.

#5 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 14:58

+1 and more...this is much much needed...cost for chests beyond too high...items in chests..worthless...should be random super goodies...maybe even some with just fsps in them..easy fix...been a few years since anything has been done to improve chests...

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:54

LOL...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 13:40

Mister Doom i could understand your laughing when you already have a crystal medal for opening chests.  I am NOT asking for a win button.  But the jump in cost for gold, and especially crystal keys is definitely absurd.  In fact, the prices don't even come close to matching up:

Bronze key:  50 loyalty points or 250k gold....in other words 50k gold per loyalty point

Silver key:  200 loyalty points or 1M gold....again, this is 50k gold per loyalty point

Gold key:  500 loyalty points or 5M gold...What?!?  This is 100k gold per loyalty point

Crystal key:  1000 loyalty points or 10M gold....again, 100k gold per loyalty point

I don't see the reason for the jump in cost for gold/crystal keys other than trying to make it more difficult for players to open those chests....and again, if the items inside those chests were actually worth the investment (or even came close), then to me it wouldn't be so big an issue.  I would maybe add a couple suggestions:

1) Make it a flat 50k gold per loyalty point across the board

2) Change cost of keys to:

Bronze Key = 50Loyalty points / 250k gold

Silver Key    = 100 Loyalty points / 500k gold

Gold Key      = 250 Loyalty points / 1.25M gold

Crystal Key  = 500 Loyalty points / 2.5M gold

3) Perhaps take some of arena prizes that have not (will not?) been rotated back in the game and make them available as chest rewards.  Or possibly rotate chests to contain new/old LE/crystalline items.  Or some new potions.

I'm just throwing some ideas out, because I know I'm not the only one who has had to give away a crystal chest location because of lack of loyalty points and/or gold and/or because the crystal rewards aren't even worth 1fsp...

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 21:58

Personally, I think the cost of the chests is too high - should be more like Raist007 has suggested ...

But, to add to the mix, I'd like to see something "different" in the chests - a randomised item - determinable by the RNG at the time of opening.

EG :-

1-15 rolled - L100 potion of something

16-30 rolled - L150 potion of something

31-50 rolled - L175 potion of something

51-75 rolled - L200 potion of something

76-90 rolled - Low(ish) level item (part of a set)

91-100 rolled - Higher level item (part of a set)

Could be anything really, but lets mix it up and not have the chest contents "predictable" ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 23:16

Personally, I think the cost of the chests is too high - should be more like Raist007 has suggested ...

But, to add to the mix, I'd like to see something "different" in the chests - a randomised item - determinable by the RNG at the time of opening.

EG :-

1-15 rolled - L100 potion of something

16-30 rolled - L150 potion of something

31-50 rolled - L175 potion of something

51-75 rolled - L200 potion of something

76-90 rolled - Low(ish) level item (part of a set)

91-100 rolled - Higher level item (part of a set)

Could be anything really, but lets mix it up and not have the chest contents "predictable" ...

i like this idea..chests should be random prizes...and good prizes..it is a chest, extremly hard to find...been 3 years since any chest changes..time for one...easy update..could be done in a day...and prices for opening them are way way to high right now...that needs changing too..can we hear from the cows on this subject ?

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:41

Yeah, nearly 200k allegiance tokens was a little much to get my medal. Would be sooo super duper awesome for someone else to be able to do it wayyy cheaper. I mean the chests are pretty important, nay almost compulsory for regular play, huh?

+1000000 to this idea, lets just annihilate any achievement anyone has ever made by maker it easier for everyone else.

Hooray for democracy!!!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:42

Yeah, nearly 200k allegiance tokens was a little much to get my medal. Would be sooo super duper awesome for someone else to be able to do it wayyy cheaper. I mean the chests are pretty important, nay almost compulsory for regular play, huh?

+1000000 to this idea, lets just annihilate any achievement anyone has ever made by maker it easier for everyone else.

Hooray for democracy!!!

Should've used gold instead. That way we could blame it on market deflation :D.

#12 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:46

Except the gold values are there purely so people who don't donate to keep the game going can open chests too.

Allegiance tokens are a FREE benefit of donating, they have no gold value. Think of the gold key value as HCS throwing the 'freeloaders' a bone, now they just want a bigger bone. Not really that shocking I suppose, make everything easier! That's what everyone wants right? That's why the game is flourishing...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#13 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:56

Except the gold values are there purely so people who don't donate to keep the game going can open chests too.

Allegiance tokens are a FREE benefit of donating, they have no gold value. Think of the gold key value as HCS throwing the 'freeloaders' a bone, now they just want a bigger bone. Not really that shocking I suppose, make everything easier! That's what everyone wants right? That's why the game is flourishing...

Sounds about right. That's why I said that I wanted items changed, not the open requirements :P.

#14 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 16:39

the only item I know of in ANY of the chests with any value now is the RF400 potion ??

I think the Reborn Leaf Staff is still available and the Sanctuary 250 potion still has some merit. But yes, other than that the rest is garbage and not worth the gold or loyalty points to open, unless you are chasing a medal.

I've skipped over chests after having gotten my medal and was UNABLE TO GIVE THE LOCATION AWAY FOR FREE when I did.

Somewhere in the past I suggested putting the last GE potion as a possible item to give some additional incentive to wanting to open chest. Just a small chance and they could be tied to level of the chest: Bronze= Common chest, Silver= Rare Chest, Gold= Unique chest, and Crystal key= Crystal chest. It would even leave room to add another chest level of Ruby with a significantly higher cost.

#15 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2013 - 22:41

Yeah we definitely need some new prizes. Maybe mix it up a little bit instead of worthless Crystalline gear? Maybe random potions or even upgrades? (For example: "You opened the chest and gained '2 x Backpack Slots') or something like that? Could be anything really. But the demand for chests has really lessened in the last while, something needs to be done!

#16 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 17:39

Hmm, do I perhaps detect a slight bit of sarcasm from Mister Doom? :P

Look, I do NOT want a win button.  What I would like to see is a prize befitting the cost of obtaining the chest.  If the cost of keys is lowered, I won't complain.  But that's why I mentioned that the prizes could also be changed to match the cost of opening the chest.  I don't mind paying 55fsp to open a chest if an item inside is even close to half of that amount, but such prizes do not exist now.  I may have been sligthly frustrated when I began the thread because I did not have enough loyalty points to buy a crystal key and I had spent nearly all my gold/fsp in scavenging so I had no way of opening the chest even tho I was sitting on it. I only needed 1 more chest to get my bronze medal (and i do not pay for chest locations, I actually find them myself) and to be up against a crystal chest just, well, sucked - lol. 

If cows do nothing, then it's not a huge deal - I'll eventually find a lower-leveled chest and still get my medal   ;)  But I have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of crystal chests never getting opened unless someone has a ton of gold on-hand or has spent a ton of money in this game. 

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 21:55

BUMP - not necessarily to lower the costs, just to get SOME chest attention ...

#18 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 16:13

bump..as i see it..this should be a really simple fix..new random (key word here random !)  items in chests..simple as that..you should never know what is in a chest..and only really the crystal key needs price change..55 fsps to open a chest..ouch..

#19 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 22:22

a few weeks ago i got a RF400 potion it sold for 25FSP left it up for the max amount of time i was content with that but i opened another chest spent my loyalty tokens on a key and got spirit tainted boots couldnt even sell them for 50 gold composing material they were. not to side with Doom but the key prices should be left alone just the prize in the box worth the cost. Chests are supposed to be rare and when you find one you should be like OMG!!!! but instead people are like aww a chest wonder what crappy crystaline ill get if i open it na ill just sell it give someone else the dissapointment. make the prize better dont lower key costs my opinion only.

#20 Elincia

Elincia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 14:54

I agree cut the price for chest keys by at least half if not more plus how about more chests locations make it like a Titan event announce on the home page where a chest has been planted and than have a cool down period for that type of chest say a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: