• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:04

I would personally only hunt chests or pen chests if there were some super rare component items or something along those lines. maybe have some sort of epic item that can only be made from chests? or maybe some sort of high level AL or LIB potion or something along those lines. 

#22 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:06

Not every chest has to have something amazing in it i think the point of this was that crystal key chests are very expensive loyalty point wise or gold wise and what you get sometimes out of the chest you cant give away i think the system is fine the way it is just change the loot inside to match the cost nothing else warrants a change if the loot inside is good enough to waste a key on people will do it.

#23 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:16

I don't think you should lower the cost.  New items, rotating items, maybe like you do with the caves, now that would be cool with me.

#24 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:33

I know that those who have already acheived their treasure hunting medal(s) will strongly disagree here, but please here me out.  Chests are the rarest and most difficult items to find in this game - and to have the crystal chest costing about 55fsp (or logging in for 200days) just seems crazy to me.  I've tried to donate with gift cards, but the US has changed their gift card visas to where you cannot make any transactions outside the US - while that may sound random, it means I don't have the means to substantially increase my allegiance tokens to afford keys.  I find chests on my own, and when I do come across one it IS exciting, but not when you have 800 allegiance tokens and 20fsp in your account and you are looking at a crystal chest right in front of you you can't open.  Then, to add insult, even if I were to have had enough to open it, the drop would only merely be a useless crystalline item (well, ok, maybe 3-5 points for fragmenting - lol).  

Every rpg game I have played that has rare or difficult to find locations has rewards that typically reflect the difficulty in finding it.  This is all I am asking for with chest in fs:  either lower the cost of the chests (gold and crystal) and/or rotate/change/add new rewards that adequately reflect the cost to open the chest.  I really do appreciate the cows mentioning in their Development Roadmap that they will look into the chest situation.  The truth of matter is this - they could do nothing about chests and the game will survive and people will keep playing...but virtually no crystal chests will be opened unless someone has 55fsp to waste or they want to waste 1k allegiance tokens.  Personally, I prefer to save tokens for the LF pot - it's still expensive at 750 tokens, but it is awesome for saving stam during epic leveling and/or SE hunting =)

#25 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:36

How about just chuck a half decent potion in each chest? better the chest, better the potion  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#26 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 22:51

I know that those who have already acheived their treasure hunting medal(s) will strongly disagree here, but please here me out.  Chests are the rarest and most difficult items to find in this game - and to have the crystal chest costing about 55fsp (or logging in for 200days) just seems crazy to me.  I've tried to donate with gift cards, but the US has changed their gift card visas to where you cannot make any transactions outside the US - while that may sound random, it means I don't have the means to substantially increase my allegiance tokens to afford keys.  I find chests on my own, and when I do come across one it IS exciting, but not when you have 800 allegiance tokens and 20fsp in your account and you are looking at a crystal chest right in front of you you can't open.  Then, to add insult, even if I were to have had enough to open it, the drop would only merely be a useless crystalline item (well, ok, maybe 3-5 points for fragmenting - lol).  

Every rpg game I have played that has rare or difficult to find locations has rewards that typically reflect the difficulty in finding it.  This is all I am asking for with chest in fs:  either lower the cost of the chests (gold and crystal) and/or rotate/change/add new rewards that adequately reflect the cost to open the chest.  I really do appreciate the cows mentioning in their Development Roadmap that they will look into the chest situation.  The truth of matter is this - they could do nothing about chests and the game will survive and people will keep playing...but virtually no crystal chests will be opened unless someone has 55fsp to waste or they want to waste 1k allegiance tokens.  Personally, I prefer to save tokens for the LF pot - it's still expensive at 750 tokens, but it is awesome for saving stam during epic leveling and/or SE hunting =)

+1, could not have said it better- and thanks cows for putting this on the development roadmap

#27 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 16:55

Bump.....would like to see more suggestions of what the cows can put in chests, especially if cost of keys will not be changing.

Bronze:  Level 100 pots, Unique/Rare/Crystalline items (level 1-400), Special LE gear (part 1), Recipe item

Silver:  Level 150 pots, Unique/Rare/Crystalline items (level 401-900), Special LE gear (part 2), Recipe item

Gold:  Level 200 pots, Unique/Rare/Crystalline items (level 901-1600), Special LE gear (part 3), Recipe item

Crystal: Level 250 pots, Unique/Rare/Crystalline items (level 1601+), Special LE gear (part 4), Recipe item

I am suggesting that the type of chest determines the level of the item dropped so that it coincides with the number of fragments obtained (since usually these items will be composed).

Would love to see a couple LE 'Chest Sets' introduced, where there would be maybe a 5% chance for a treasure chest to drop gear as part of one of these new LE sets.

Or, it would be cool to maybe have 2-3 more inventable sets, where the resources/quest items needed for the recipes are found in treasure chests.  These items would NOT be bound.  Or just have 4 new inventable sets where the items for each set are only found 1 particular type of chest  (ie, the Bronze chest set, or Crystal chest set, etc.)

These are just a few suggestions/ideas, but would love to hear more feedback and suggestions for improving chest drops.

#28 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 17:54

all the items in chests are now redundant due to the new buffs available such as smashing hammer and the coordinated buffs. Put good potions in the chests as was suggested earlier, or make it a lucky dip with random crystalline gears in them which is part of a set.

Edited by Davros81, 13 January 2014 - 17:54.

#29 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:11

How about when you open chests, you find a Fragment Stash? :)  

Nothing silly....

Crap Chest: 20, 15, 10, 7, 4, 2

Sexy Chest: 50, 30, 20, 12, 8, 4

(most common fragment number first)

Upon opening, they are instantly added to your fragments total. Would not count towards medal.

Just an idea.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:29

How about when you open chests, you find a Fragment Stash? :)  

Nothing silly....

Crap Chest: 20, 15, 10, 7, 4, 2

Sexy Chest: 50, 30, 20, 12, 8, 4

(most common fragment number first)

Upon opening, they are instantly added to your fragments total. Would not count towards medal.

Just an idea.

That could work ... but the numbers would need to be worth the equivalent token / fsp opening cost ;)

More interestingly, there could be a "median" line value of each chest, in shards, but opening one had a +/- variable of, say, 20% ? - so you could get 20% less than your "cost", 20% more, or anywhere in-between ... 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:16

I had a thought about chests.

Release another set of stuff inside BUT match them up to the existing stuff and make them 2 piece SETS

They become 1000% more useful

Worth more for the item inside than a tick to the medal

Make the stuff people didnt smash quite nice to have!! Especially if it was a neat piece of gear if it was set based and would work with current buff and gear pool.

And become way more fun to find :)

Perhaps even make it so a old piece is a rarer find so some are still added to circulation. I imagine a LOT of chest items got smashed.

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:37

As long as the price for the keys isn't changed or the chests themselves made easier to find, I'm all for improvements to the chest.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 16:42

Not for lowering costs at all... it's a gold sink people.... hehe.

What I might be for (since I've never seen one, lol) is upping the number of chests. That would up costs and be overall productive without geting those that paid for their locs too upset... yeah right... like some won't complain, lol.

On a sidenote, I hope isn't too off-topic. Does anybody know if the FSHelper Hunting Mode on makes it so you can't see Chests? I've got a sinking feeling... if you do know, please respond here and pm me in game. Thanks... and prosperous smacking! (o0

EDIT: PS... I don't think "most" players currently open chests or buy chest locations for the item inside, but rather for the medal. I could be totally wrong...

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 21:19

EDIT: PS... I don't think "most" players currently open chests or buy chest locations for the item inside, but rather for the medal. I could be totally wrong...

I think you could safely say the medal is the driving force currently, yes, rather than the, shall we say, slightly less use than an ashtray on a motorbike contents, within them (with the exception of RF400)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#35 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 17:08

Pardoux, on 07 Aug 2013 - 17:19, said:

I think you could safely say the medal is the driving force currently, yes, rather than the, shall we say, slightly less use than an ashtray on a motorbike contents, within them (with the exception of RF400)

I couldn't agree more with you.

However, I still feel that something so incredibly rare to find in this game (some have played for several years and not come across a single chest!)  should have contents which are valued to reflect the difficulty in finding them.  This would also substantiate the ridiculous sums of fsp some people are willing to pay for chest locations.   I hear people try to compare finding chests to finding SEs....the biggest difference is there are many more SEs being spawned much more frequently in specific realms, whereas there are significantly fewer chests that can potentially spawn anywhere.

In any case, I would like to hear the cows comments on some of the suggestions in this thread, such as:

1) New item sets (whether a set for each keyed chest, or a set that contains an item from each type of chest)

2)  New items that become part of a set from old existing items (ie, add new crystalline items and have them become a set with the already existing crystalline drops, giving them a set bonus)

3) Fragment drops - refer to earlier suggestion in thread

4) Recipes/Components as drops - ie, May be part of new items and/or item sets - recipe can drop in a particular chest that would also possibly drop components.  The components to create an item could either be found ONLY in the same type of chest you got the recipe from, OR, the components could be mixed up between the different types of chests.

5) Even a gold stash - make opening a chest like playing the lottery.  You are putting in an 'entry fee' to open the chest, and based on the key required to open, you can win a gold prize.  You can break up gold prizes into categories like:

a) 50% of time, gold awarded would be 25% of 'entry fee' - so for opening a gold chest, you would win 1.25M gold.

[B)] 25% of time, gold awarded would be 50% of entry fee - ie, same chest would award 2.5M gold.

c) 10% of time, gold awarded would be 75% of entry fee - ie, 3.75M gold

d) 10% of time, gold awarded would be 100% of entry fee - ie, 5M gold

e) 5% of time, gold awarded would be double/triple the entry fee - ie, 10M or 15M gold.

Obviously the numbers are subject to change, but something like this would provide a small chance of a high reward, while typcially posing as a gold sink that still gives you SOMETHING back that has some value.  Also, I would think this to also be obvious, but the gold prize from opening a chest would be directly deposited into your bank, no different than winning an arena gold prize event.

6) New higher-leveled potions that either contain single or multiple buffs.  They could have a shorter duration like 15-20 minutes to help offset their buff level.

Additionally, the cows could do nearly ALL of the above, where they would introduce new recipes, components, and crystalline items.  The drop rates when opening any particular chest could then look something like this:

1) 33% Chance of Item Drop - If an item drop, then:

A) 20% Recipe

[B)] 20% Component

C) 20% Old Crystalline ITem

D) 20% New crystalline item

E) 20% Potion

2) 33% Chance of Fragment Stash Drop - Type of key used would be a factor in determining quantity of fragments

A) 25% Common fragments

B.) 25% Rare fragments

C) 25% Unique fragments

D) 25% Crystalline fragments

3) 33% Chance of Gold Stash Drop - Refer to point 5 above.

Obviously, these are suggestions, and numbers are not set in stone.  However, with Improving Chests being on the Development Roadmap, I would really like to hear what the cows think about these ideas

#36 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 23:09

Really don't know why this has to be so complicated.  How about options to pay more to open a chest the greater the chance of a worthwhile prize.  The problem is connecting a cost of opening a chest.  The cost is too high for the return for the same old stuff.  Make the contents truly random -- anything goes -- what's so hard about that?

#37 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:05

The problem is not the cost of the keys (although I agree gold and crystal are very expensive for the reward you get from it) .. its simply FINDING THE CHESTS that is the problem. They are far too rare for my taste. Perhaps add a buff that would let you know if there is a chest on your current map .. for instance. I would put the buff in the level 100 or 150 tier .. so that a good number of people had equal access to it.

What good is adding better rewards to chests, when they are nearly impossible to find in the first place? Also, if you do add better rewards to the chests, then the price to buy those locations just went up. So if that is the only change that occurs, then most people still can't earn the medal + it got more expensive to buy locations. hardly a good trade off. 

Because as it stands .. its a buyers medal.  You could buy your Hoader, Fragmenter, and SE medal as well .. but at least you have the ability to eventually earn those medals through game play. I don't see the same chance with chests.

Suggestion Recap: Add some sort of chest finder buff / scavenging chest finder potion / composing or chest finder potion to ease the extreme stamina cost to actually find chests. Also, the rewards are severely lacking (probably poll the community for a solution). I would reduce the gold needed to get keys but only slightly drop the tokens needed to get keys (aka try to make it a better gold sink). 

#38 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:30

The only reason I wanted to open the treasure chests in the first place was to get the bronze treasure hunter medal.( think i have 8 chests to date- not many - and 2 of those locations were purchased using FSP) I have a feeling most players are  after the minimum 5 chests to  simply get their  bronze treasure hunter medal! ( that could easily change)If in fact HCS is looking to make treasure hunting more lucrative and desirable....  as ( COUNT) said above ..Dont change the key price , just the treasure. .... The cost of the key acts as a tax on the prize ..However the TAX shouldnt be valued more than the prize's value!  Some ideas old and new .. have chests full of **SELECTABLE POTIONS,GOLD, FSP( or shards), or lol (new item)BAGS of FRAGS ( and of course, how many, depends on the level of chest) How about a (new item)ultra rare- BOUND CRYSTALINE EPIC with an expiration date on it --  better turn that to frags before it expires ) ..love to open some free Legendary frags etc for the upcoming composing element to the game :)

And that brings me back to ...the only reason I opened the chests was to receive my medal :)

#39 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:08

Not every chest has to have something amazing in it i think the point of this was that crystal key chests are very expensive loyalty point wise or gold wise and what you get sometimes out of the chest you cant give away i think the system is fine the way it is just change the loot inside to match the cost nothing else warrants a change if the loot inside is good enough to waste a key on people will do it.

What do you put in your safe, lockbox or safe deposit box??? By its nature a chest should hold something you didnt want to drop or leave laying around.

Id like to see the parts get a set match, as a set they are 1/2 done already and would be pretty cool as many have ok stats

#40 Joshrocs

Joshrocs

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:09

I personally believed chest shouldnt even require a key in the first place... but I know that idea will get thrown in the dirt so yea..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: