Photo

Fallensword finale quest + reset/darkside options.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 14:50

Some reasonable benefits to resetting, all of which could be applied to PvE only, if deemed unfair for other purposes:

+% to all stats

+# / +% to all skills applied to you (including potions, buffs)

+# / +% to all skills applied by you (including potions, buffs)

Interesting values for these would make resetting to level 1 compelling for some, with no need for other content-based mechanics like 'dark' worlds or the like, particularly with the ability to contribute billions more in guild xp.

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 00:36

*Bumped for wil and volcom.*

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:09

I like the idea of an end-game with leveling. I think lots of people stop because there is no end-game, and they have this "what is the point of this all" feeling.

What if the game becomes completely PvP, quest, titan (everything but leveling) orientated for your level 2000 character, and as a reward for reaching the end game you get something that was not allowed up to now. You get a 2nd character to start at level 1! Let it be your child, or your student and it would be connected to your main charater in some ways.

Edited by Uralus, 27 January 2014 - 09:10.

#24 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:23

One reward could be that the level 2000 character gets a "teachers" buff. It would cost a lot of stamina to cast and can only be cast on your own student, but it would be very powerfull. Something like your student can wear gear many levels above it's own level, or it can now use the fallen sword which was won by the 1st account.

#25 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 14:38

I'd be in favor of a prestige/ascension mode of sorts. I would not want to create another character. I would like to know if higher level content were to stop would we be other content like prestige quests, prestige items or would all time be dedicated to fixes.

#26 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:39

*Bump for apparent relevance*

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:14

:wub: Doomikins, have I told you lately how very much re your twisted mind? :wub:

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#28 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:16

Edited by Belaric, 05 April 2015 - 18:32.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#29 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:28

No to this idea, like most games, once I have completed them I have no desire to replay them, especially in some "nightmare mode".

#30 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 16:32

We tried pushing this idea in Sigmastorm2 and the cows slammed their ears shut. Sounded like a 98 mph fastball hitting the catchers' mitt.

Edited by duktayp, 05 April 2015 - 16:58.

#31 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2015 - 18:37

I love this idea. There's only so much HCS can keep adding, regarding new levels, creatures and maps so I think this idea would be a great way to keep the existing material and spicing it up a bit. Personally I don't think a game with levels that just keep going on to infinity is very interesting. It would be a lot more fun to re-play through the lower levels with a much harder difficulty!

#32 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:00

Completely agree with capping the game levels and starting over again. Like I have posted in the new skills thread. Letting the gap grow between new players and EOC players will only encourage new players NOT to play this game once they figure out it takes them years. I am not a very slow leveller myself, above average, and it took me 8 years to get near level 1900. That is a long term investment which will turn of new players.

If everybody stays below say level 1000, then all players remain in the same level areas and that will increase activity, competition, fun and player base eventually. Just as long as there is acknowledgement for having it completed x times and some sort of reward.

#33 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:52

Completely agree with capping the game levels and starting over again. Like I have posted in the new skills thread. Letting the gap grow between new players and EOC players will only encourage new players NOT to play this game once they figure out it takes them years. I am not a very slow leveller myself, above average, and it took me 8 years to get near level 1900. That is a long term investment which will turn of new players.

If everybody stays below say level 1000, then all players remain in the same level areas and that will increase activity, competition, fun and player base eventually. Just as long as there is acknowledgement for having it completed x times and some sort of rewards

And like has been said in the other thread it would also drive plenty from the game who have no desire to do the same content over and over. Rewards or not its a silly idea. If HCS wanted us all to be in the same areas  they would have stopped content years ago.

#34 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 13:57

And like has been said in the other thread it would also drive plenty from the game who have no desire to do the same content over and over. Rewards or not its a silly idea. If HCS wanted us all to be in the same areas  they would have stopped content years ago.

I doubt that really. Basicly you will be doing just the same as you do now. Tell me, what is the difference in killing new level monsters, or start over and kill the old ones again? And it was like 5-7 years ago that you have killed them, I doubt every one remembers every monster or quest in the game that they have played. Basicly it will be just like killing new critters.

All comes down to the same thing. Apply gear/buffs to 1 hit them, and kill them to level up. Really what is different? Nothing.

And do not get me wrong, I am all for making a restart as new and refreshing as possible, and ideas on that matter would be great. But overall it is nothing different opposed to what we were already doing. 

It will built a stronger community instead of a stronger elite group like now. And I am quite sure that the first one is better for the game than the latter.

#35 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2015 - 17:04

Lets not turn this into just a personal debate between two people.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#36 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2015 - 17:29

We talking about a full character reset or just levels?

#37 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2015 - 18:02

Full, well mostly.

In the OP I suggested keeping a certain amount of LUP and/or skill points.

Keeping them all would be unbalanced against other characters going through the levels for the first time.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#38 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2015 - 20:52

Well then...

Full reset no
Levels only reset yes.

To much time and $$$ to start completely over. a few level up points and skilL points is not worth it, but if it dose come into play I will just stay at the end with my upgrades.

#39 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 22:13

I doubt that really. Basicly you will be doing just the same as you do now. Tell me, what is the difference in killing new level monsters, or start over and kill the old ones again? And it was like 5-7 years ago that you have killed them, I doubt every one remembers every monster or quest in the game that they have played. Basicly it will be just like killing new critters.

All comes down to the same thing. Apply gear/buffs to 1 hit them, and kill them to level up. Really what is different? Nothing.

And do not get me wrong, I am all for making a restart as new and refreshing as possible, and ideas on that matter would be great. But overall it is nothing different opposed to what we were already doing. 

It will built a stronger community instead of a stronger elite group like now. And I am quite sure that the first one is better for the game than the latter.

Its almost like you read what I say but don't understand it, I help new players at the start of the game there is no need to even kill 50% of the critters as there are ones that give more xp even sublevelling. combined with the recent changes HCS made to xp in first 100 levels and with the addition of composing to the game and it's op buffs its now possible to wear a total of 2 setups from level 5 to level 200.

New players today have never had it easier they are immune to pvp xp loss but not gold loss they have op buffs that make the game easier they have more xp per kill making levelling easier, some of them even know buffs better than some players at eoc strangely :).

5 to 7 years ago is over the game no longer needs common or rare items for hunting.

The only way to do a game reset is to reset every single account and start anew for everyone allowing players to retain guild xp you would see some charge out of the blocks and race straight back to EOC quite a few sitting on 100 k fsps to do that some others would do the same and slowly drop off get bored and stop altogether.

But the really worrying thing would be the message it would give to players who have strived for years  grafting and saving to get fsps  upgrading their characters that would all vanish overnight.

I am opposed to any character reset for these reasons and to even consider it an entire paralell content line would need to open up and I just do not see that happening.

#40 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:52

Lets not turn this into just a personal debate between two people.

@ Katatonic

Hence I won't respond anymore. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: