130 replies to this topic

#21 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:19

A guildmate of mine said he hunted with 2k stamina and got 5800 kills. Shouldn't be too difficult to get 25k kills then.

@BG: Please don't change anything. Don't even suggest you'll baby people. This is a Global Event, it's up to us. Personally, I'd really like to see what we could do if people weren't expecting HCS to provide a crutch. (o0

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#22 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:29

A guildmate of mine said he hunted with 2k stamina and got 5800 kills. Shouldn't be too difficult to get 25k kills then.

It might be important to know what level of conserve and AM he was using.

#23 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:50

It might be important to know what level of conserve and AM he was using.

Or not, since they are available to "everyone"...

#24 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:51

*overly complicated math to bring up a moot point*

Hey mate,

As has been said in this thread before, not everyone is meant to achieve ruby. Look at it from the perspective of a new player - for a few days' worth of stam, they're getting access to AMAZING pots which they could only dream of getting otherwise at that level. Sure, they won't get ruby - but not everyone is meant to. To quote a line from the incredibles ... "If everybody's super ... no one is."

#25 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 20:12

Hmmm as usual, a nice event announcement thread is quickly derailed into bickering.  :(

Thanks for the event, HCS! I'll be smacking some spooks soon!  :D 

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 20:25

It is unfair to not allow others a real chance at achieving the highest tier in the global quest.

Actually I think it's unfair to make things so easy that any player can easily achieve something that is supposed to require effort.

While I do like the math effort on your part, there are already a few examples here which "prove" that it is "incorrect". But without going into that too much... the "highest" shouldn't be the "easiest". Again, I think Gold Tier rocks and is more than achievable according to your calcs.

My major "critique" of your mathematical analysis is the large majority of assumptions. Your definition of an "average" player leaves a lot to be desired. Throwing out buff availability and also pointing out that there is absolutely no player that does not have access to anything... I mean, in short... via Loyalty a Conserve 180 potion is available in just 10 days.... put that with a well-planned Lesser Distil pot available for 10k... and I'm already having problems with your calc. But forget about that... FSPs sell in the MP for well over 100k... so there you go for that global booster 200...

Again... "average"... what does that mean? Have you calculated the top 100 players into that?

Actually had a pm that lower levels were "penalized" for their lack of stam... no worries, there's always next year.

And yeah, sarcastic as he77... sorry, not in favor of win buttons... in fact, I happen to think effort should be rewarded... and to head off the response... No, I don't wish money paid for everything and I don't pay money for everything... but that's the way it rolls and, quite sincerely... there are lots free rewards out there and serious effort made into converting that effort into FSPs...

#27 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 20:45

should i make 1000 kills over Free Roaming Vapor (Global) to finish that part of the quest?  because global booster doesn't make the 6 kills count per kill but the energy is burned.

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:20

should i make 1000 kills over Free Roaming Vapor (Global) to finish that part of the quest?  because global booster doesn't make the 6 kills count per kill but the energy is burned.

No idea on quest requisites at present... but in your case and from the sound of it... maybe deactivate global if you want to complete? In any case, from your message, sounds like a major glitch...

#29 Elokin

Elokin

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:35

Does anybody else have Zombie Gloop showing up at the blacksmith as something needing repaired?

All HCS Games: Elokin

PSN, Steam: CsokiCsiga213

Eldevin Shop

#30 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:02

PLEASE READ THE STATS BELOW!

Please read my post above this one. It ain't changing. Stop talking about it.

#31 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:10

win button??? if there was one would have stopped playing a long time ago what im looking for is the chance to win no matter how small it may be as long as its there

#32 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:11

thank you for the event

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:16

win button??? if there was one would have stopped playing a long time ago what im looking for is the chance to win no matter how small it may be as long as its there

Basic chest is small and it's there ;-p

#34 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 23:13

The 'Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath (Titan)' titan has been defeated!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

No EPIC from the new titan?

Nothing in the titan rewards?

#35 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 23:16

Dear BigGrim,

For Fracks Sake secured the Statue of Gurgriss Titan and received no drop .. I know this is a mistake and was caused by the wanting to keep the gear secret by not inserting it into the Titan Rewards section ..

PLEASE remedy this ASAP.

Attached Thumbnails

• gurgriss secure.PNG

#36 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 23:29

Thank you for the event Cows! Points made about the prequisites for Ruby are completely moot, not everyone is supposed to reach that anyway. It has been known for days that Halloween would have a global event of some sort and if one really wants to complete 25K kill points, there are always upgrades, 1 FSP for 25 stam, 5K gold for 1 stam etc..

#37 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:39

I believe the ruby tier should stay as it is, if BG see that lots of players can't achieve he will do something, but for now lets stop sending bad answers about it.

Lets kill some ghosts, already put my Bill Murray avatar on, so I'm ready  :D 

Thanks for the event BG, we all appreciate this.

#38 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:59

Please read my post above this one. It ain't changing. Stop talking about it.

I really hope you actually read what I wrote. I spent time on running the statistical analysis. 

Best Regards and thanks for actually making another global quest,

~Rasputin

Rasputin17.jpg 

#39 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:12

If you stand in one spot and do not move just keep refreshing and killing the Emaciated Fellow you can get all 25k kills needed for Ruby tier for only 5k stamina :)

Edited by Tegwean, 30 October 2013 - 01:12.

#40 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17

If you stand in one spot and do not move just keep refreshing and killing the Emaciated Fellow you can get all 25k kills needed for Ruby tier for only 5k stamina :)

That require am500 not everyone have those

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: