• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#21 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:12

Oh, and about the toggle all button: I am absolutely up for that as well - sure would make managing the buff packs simpler:D All I'd add to it is (and this would potentially be talking against myself too) that for the sake of customers - you may wish to 'auto detoggle' anyone going offline as a buffer. All they would have to do when they come back is just check in to the buff market section, click "toggle all", and buffing's good to go. However if it is left as is...I can already see a lot of frustration coming from "ooops, sawy, not booffing now - Me forgots to detoogel a week agoo, sryss!". 

#22 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:40

Hoof what about increase package size? 5 is not enought

#23 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:47

How about a check box in the search criteria for which currency you want to see results for?

Asked if this could be added in the original thread. Personally I would only buy buffs in fsp so seeing those advertised for gold just clogs up the screen for me and vice versa is true for those who only purchase buffs in gold.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 11 January 2014 - 20:54.

#24 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:51

+1

#25 Pussletuse

Pussletuse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2014 - 21:37

Hi all,

We've just made the following improvements to the new Buff Market feature:
  • Search results are now split into two lists based on the currency (gold / Fallen Sword Points)
  • Search results are ordered by the cheapest first.
  • Cost has been added as a column to the Buff Package management page.
  • Added additional log messages for when the buffs are applied and also when the payment is transferred.
We'll be making further improvements next week!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Is there a way to add an option in the search area to save the list of buffs that we frequently search for? So we don't have to keep scrolling thru the list for each one.

#26 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 21:40

Another +1

I wish I ddnt have to do this because I was VERY excited this was comming out but a few things have came up and its not very exciting today. I will try and keep it as constructive as possable.

First let me say I used mentor list to find buffs before, it was the most efficient way to find people who were online and if they were selling. One big part that was so very helpful was the FSH links where you could buy singles or packs of buffs and it added it up automatically and sent the message asking. This worked GREAT and anyone who wanted on the list could simply check themselves as a mentor. The FSH part to buy was extremely helpful although the search for a buff was not.

I was excited for this, it was supposed to be a way for people who wanted to sell buffs to get the word out and a place for people looking for buffs to find them,, but,,,

With packs limited to 5 it took out the option for many players, basically a pack of 5 is either high level ones that are all the most popular, 5 lower or more common ones split up and average at 25-50k or you go it the hard way and surf through the list to find a "all for 1 FSP" or etc buffer,,,, or go on mentor list and find one who uses FSH :(

I suggest more variety is needed here, ability to sell all, make packs that arent limited to 5 and other ways to combine buffs you want they have but not ones you dont would help out a lot here!!

Featured,,, was a real cool idea and should have made it a great way for both players who want to sell to recoup their stam to players who want to help out with free or almost free buffs to people with lower level ones that may not be easy to find that could offer at a reasonable price and be found easially by the consumers who needed those. The search feature is great, the featured, packs and the fact you must pay a FSP (this either wasnt showing or wasnt put in yesterday or id have ranted then),,,

Please consider removing the cost to feature and expand it, I understand the game needs the bills paid for but to me this feature isnt a place for pay to play. Here are some reasons or examples of how its not working well,,

Players who have extra stam and want to help people out with free or 1 gold buffs arent going to want to pay a FSP to let us know :(

Players with lower level buffs (like me) who cant ask for a FSP each but want to offer what they have in the case someone needs that one and cant find it arent going to want to pay a FSP to sell one Asst, quest finder, doubler or etc a night for 25k each!

High lev players with buffs that justify a FSP each may sitll pay to advertise but thats about all this list is going to see with the listing cost.

I suggest removing this, the buffs are still being bought and perhaps if its a big issue then tax what was sold instead! I feel more listings on featured is better than little to none and as it is I would avoid the featured and fall back to the mentor list because those who had to pay for this are generally going to pass it on to the customers and the variety of choices and availibility of them will be limited by the cost to feature.

Listings, 5 per pack or singles is pretty limited, I hope you keep FSH's buff seller too and maybe consider putting that in as part of the game! Currently theres only one way to see everything a player offers and thats to go directly to their profile, perhaps thats where the featured could come in! A player who wants to show on a list as a buffer on duty and wanting to be a shop that day can pay to show on that list?

To wrap it up I hope this becomes a very useful and helpful feature. I hope some of these suggestions are considered and it becomes a place that everyone can offer what they have without becoming an exclusive and elite place where you can find players charging a FSP each with no packs or deals because they had to pay to be featured or return to the hour long search for one buff you didnt get from anyone else and cant find someone with it thats not on auto ref :(

Edited by watagashi, 11 January 2014 - 21:41.

#27 Hitch

Hitch

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:05

I wonder if this buff market thing has a cost to place lists... there's no info about it... but i could swear i got 1 fsp ripped off while I was placing my 5 lists. Can you enlight us about it, Hoof?

Edited by Hitch, 11 January 2014 - 22:06.

#28 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:08

I wonder if this buff market thing has a cost to place lists... there's no info about it... but i could swear i got 1 fsp ripped off while I was placing my 5 lists. 

Basic listing has no cost. Clicking the "feature" button, however, costs 1 FSP for each package (see the mouse-over text on the feature button).

#29 Hitch

Hitch

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:17

Basic listing has no cost. Clicking the "feature" button, however, costs 1 FSP for each package (see the mouse-over text on the feature button).

Yeah, i noticed that some minutes after, while looking for a reason. I featured 1 of the lists. Came here to edit my post but you already had the answer, hehe. Thank's. ;)

#30 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:28

I wonder if this buff market thing has a cost to place lists... there's no info about it... but i could swear i got 1 fsp ripped off while I was placing my 5 lists. Can you enlight us about it, Hoof?

its there today, not sure when it was put in but didnt charge me yesterday (that I noticed). Still think this is gonna be a game breaker if you have to pay to advertise doubler for 25k. Just means featured is all high priced buffs people will avoid and go back to the slow old way (bothering chat for them)

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:59

Is there a way to add an option in the search area to save the list of buffs that we frequently search for? So we don't have to keep scrolling thru the list for each one.

Good idea :)

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 23:01

its there today, not sure when it was put in but didnt charge me yesterday (that I noticed). Still think this is gonna be a game breaker if you have to pay to advertise doubler for 25k. Just means featured is all high priced buffs people will avoid and go back to the slow old way (bothering chat for them)

It doesn't cost anything to list the packages however the feature option costs 1 Fallen Sword Point to feature the buff package in the 'Featured Packages' list for 24 hours.

Please keep the suggestions on how to improve the Buff Market coming - we want to make it as useful as possible! :)

#33 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 23:24

please see above for a couple suggestions especially consider how much more everyone could get out of it if featured was free.

In addition,,, this has come up a couple times today in both chat, my log and people who tried to buy off me and 10 others at the same time. Please set something for 1 request per specific buff per 5 min!! Before this I would ask for buffs and give the seller 10min to reply before asking someone else. 5-10min per request isnt going to hurt anything but as is we are getting  the mutiple annoyance of mutiple reguests for the same thing and first one selling and the rest of us getting time wasted :)

Also yes listing is free but featured is not, this means the instant gratification player will find someone in featured and never look up for example find item and get a better deal. Perhaps thats a solution? Remove featured from the list search gives since its always 5 featured and maybe 1 regular seller and the featured dont even have the buff you wanted!

Edited by watagashi, 11 January 2014 - 23:28.

#34 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 00:05

another +1

Rasputin17.jpg 

#35 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 00:28

After looking at the search feature I think it could be improved further.  Is there any way you could add scrolling to the search results?  If I'm looking for 2+ buffs, I have to search for one and then search for the other since cheapest listings first are only individual buff listings.  If the search listed all packs including that buff with cheapest first I could scroll through the packs until I find the pack I want to buy, whether it's an individual buff or a pack of 5.

Screenshot everything!

#36 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:04

I wonder, can you add something like mentor list is on find player to the buff market? a list of players who are online and active within last 2 min, their level and a link by name to them. It would really help a lot!

Additionally a drop down or some way to show ALL the buffs that player sells would be tops. 

#37 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:39

Hoof, would it be possible to have a page where I can enter prices for each individual buff I have, and then check boxes for which ones I want to sell (individually)? It would make it a lot easier to list single buffs for sale.

#38 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:19

I see there is a problems that even got me and a few other less fortunate package sellers :P It needs to be stated that listing buff packages is free of cost unless you wish to have them featured! 

#39 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:04

Remember, I was seriously unimpressed by this to start with.  But when I saw that our bovine friends had been trying to improve it on the weekend, (and it was improved) I decided to try it out.  After I had purchased what I considered a really great bargain, I thought to myself, "Self!  Is this character even on line?"  Clicked on the name, and sure enough, they were on 5 seconds previous.  So I waited, and waited, and waited.  I went back and read the bit about the offer being cancelled if nothing happened in 10 minutes.  I clicked on the buffer again.  Last activity 7 seconds ago.  Now we're up to about five minutes of total time, and still no buffs.  Now, my time to play the game is somewhat limited, I really don't have 10 minutes to kill waiting for someone to respond to me, especially when the response is going to cost me currency if I log off.  I suppose the way around this is to contact the buffer directly, but then I might as well be using FSH.  It's now more than ten minutes, so I suppose everything is cancelled....I hope.

It's late here, I know that if I strained I could make a few constructive suggestions, but I'm not. I just wanted a few buffs to simplify playing, and didn't get them.  At this point I think it's simpler, and less stressing to just go to the AH and buy potions.

#40 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:39

I said to start with was way more things needed worked on then this... Total waste of players time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: