150 replies to this topic

#21 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:47

I don't think you understand the point here. Doesn't matter who did or didn't use their stam. It is a matter of the attitude of the players. Not everyone is going to try to accomplish the unachievable. It is called discouragement and many of us feel discouraged due to wasting thousands upon thousands of stam and never making it to even the top 100. So why even try?

hence why i addressed that so there wouldnt be a top 100 but on stam used that way you wouldnt be pushed out by spending 50k kills the average amount to get into top 100 at mo then you would get a guaranteed 2 ruby chests by spending 30k kills you would get a guaranteed 1 ruby chest anything below that would need the community as a whole to reach the 17.5 mark... pretty much how it is but allows more who mae the effort and slighty fall short to still gain

#22 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 24 February 2015 - 17:52

.it was the willingness of others to use there stam ..

Right here.

Personally, I did the minimum this time. I am not motivated anymore. Even for the strong PvP/Hunting potions that this global brings... It just becomes SO much more of a chore just to get those kills in when you know that spending more than 5k won't really make a difference (5k kills = 5k~ stam, and I max out at 9.3k stamina).

Maybe if it were any different from 12345678R0 I would willingly blow all my stamina repeatedly, but not for any less. We need some new kind of Global Event...

#23 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 18:30

I don't think you understand the point here. Doesn't matter who did or didn't use their stam. It is a matter of the attitude of the players. Not everyone is going to try to accomplish the unachievable. It is called discouragement and many of us feel discouraged due to wasting thousands upon thousands of stam and never making it to even the top 100. And then we get even more let down by not making it to the top tier. So why even try?

Yea yea why even try... lets better complain on the forums. Those who were not going to even try to achieve the "unachievable" should not complain for it not being achieved in the end. The fact you were not even trying seriously decreases the validity of your comments I would dare to say. I am usually not posting such comments, but this sounds a bit too much for me.

#24 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 20:30

There needs some way to increase participation in these events as Global Events are meant to be stam sinks. Lowering the kill count doesn't help to sink stam. HCS have introduced Ruby chests for the Top 100, frag drops, and even raised the minimum kill count. The only way to increase participation is to base the rewards on kill count or stam usage.

#25 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 20:32

or increase the amount of stamina players have to use..

#26 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 20:36

or increase the amount of stamina players have to use..

wouldnt make any difference players have the stamina they just choose not to use it top 20 players of the game and i only use that as a guide as i could check their stam thats around 500k unused stam so the stam is around you just cant make ppl use it

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 21:34

that shows that the wrong players have the right amount of stamina ;)

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 21:56

again total doesnt need lowering  either change it so more gain a bonus chest as suggested above or next time spend your stam to either get into the top 100 or to help the community reach their goal ... there is more then enough ppl with the stam to get the total needed they just didnt use it

am curious shin did you even bother with this event?

You didn't get the point...

I wont bother more than enough with these events everytime because im more active in all aspects of game and if i ran out of stamina it will be problem for my gaming.

I enjoy spending stamina on other parts of game not just one!

I said in previous post we arent supposed to spend all our stamina to achieve these kills... if we do then the game will be less active on other aspects

if you ever noticed its VERY rare to see my stamina going close to the max or even change because its always being used ... im sure many other players dont prefer to spend their whole stamina for this event and ignore the main aspects of game that require stamina.

I'm saying a fact how its going to be now and in the future ... i'm not complaining because i didnt get ruby reward! it's just not going right.

you are asking to increase rewards to encourage ppl for killing these creatures? and thats whats killing the game! the powerful potions

Edited by shindrak, 24 February 2015 - 22:07.

#29 09876r3LDK

09876r3LDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:12

Most people see top 100 players and see over 20k-25k kills and say wow no way i can hit top 100 cause they have only 1k-5k stamina and we need an insentive, like yes go for ruby, but maybe something different aswell to spice it up a bit, like lets say top 100 get what they get for hitting top 100, but then lets say the next 25 people or 50 101-150 get the legendary version of the chest and so on or something more

#30 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:13

I used 600 fsp to qualify for top 100 and am 500 and cons 500 that will never happen again. Far too many are missing out who do the extra yards at least another  50 players with 30 to 40 k kills that get nothing. you cannot expect a declining game with less activity across the whole game to do the same as it did years ago.

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2015 - 23:48

I don't think you understand the point here. Doesn't matter who did or didn't use their stam. It is a matter of the attitude of the players. Not everyone is going to try to accomplish the unachievable. It is called discouragement and many of us feel discouraged due to wasting thousands upon thousands of stam and never making it to even the top 100. And then we get even more let down by not making it to the top tier. So why even try?

It wasn't unachievable.... not enough people cared...  you hear it all the time "I don't compose"  "I'm only level 2 composing, what's the point?"  It's the "somebody else will do it, I cba to care"  attitude... Part is because, like my friend Shin, the community is getting bored with the same old GE's.  Combining frags and chests was a good start.  An added incentive for those that go above and beyond minimum for ruby tier may be just the ticket.  I saw a suggestion about that somewhere.  A new activity is what we need, however.  I've seen several good ideas in this forum, here .  I can tell you right now though, all the grousing and complaining won't help, it will just exacerbate things... So will the bickering.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#32 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 February 2015 - 00:08

In looking at the various posts I can honestly say that both sides, keep the requirement the same vs. lower the requirement, have merit.  The question also comes to mind who really cares about these Global prizes?  If I'm a player with 5k to 10k stam (just picking a random range) do I really care about an Epic pot that lasts 240 minutes? How much does that reward actually benefit me if I'm at that stam level?  I venture to say it really doesn't thrill me if I'm at that max stam level. Just spit-balling here but what if we kept levels for obtaining the rewards the same but tailored the the reward for obtaining the various levels to a persons stam level. For example the players with 3K to 10K stam banks get a potion with the same components as those given out now but with maybe an additional 2K-3K additional stam reward that goes into their reserve stam so they can have an extended hunt when they reach max stam should the choose to use the reserve stam at that time.  To tell you the truth at 21K max stam I would like a pot with less duration and some reserve stam attached to it. It's just a rough a rough idea but the challenge is not getting the big stam bank players to participate, it's getting the 2k-25K stam bank players to have a reason to commit their stam to the Global Event rather than opting to just do the bare minimum. Like I said it's a rough idea, don't shoot me over it but it might spark a better idea from someone else.

Edited by Rocknoor, 25 February 2015 - 00:10.

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 00:40

In looking at the various posts I can honestly say that both sides, keep the requirement the same vs. lower the requirement, have merit. The question also comes to mind who really cares about these Global prizes? If I'm a player with 5k to 10k stam (just picking a random range) do I really care about an Epic pot that lasts 240 minutes? How much does that reward actually benefit me if I'm at that stam level? I venture to say it really doesn't thrill me if I'm at that max stam level. Just spit-balling here but what if we kept levels for obtaining the rewards the same but tailored the the reward for obtaining the various levels to a persons stam level. For example the players with 3K to 10K stam banks get a potion with the same components as those given out now but with maybe an additional 2K-3K additional stam reward that goes into their reserve stam so they can have an extended hunt when they reach max stam should the choose to use the reserve stam at that time. To tell you the truth at 21K max stam I would like a pot with less duration and some reserve stam attached to it. It's just a rough a rough idea but the challenge is not getting the big stam bank players to participate, it's getting the 2k-25K stam bank players to have a reason to commit their stam to the Global Event rather than opting to just do the bare minimum. Like I said it's a rough idea, don't shoot me over it but it might spark a better idea from someone else.

I think reserve stam might be a tough one but what about this? How about giving the top 250(or whatever arbitrary number) a mini ruby stash or 2. Only runs for 20-30 mins. Will give the low stam folks a bonus chest and won't be giving the big stam folks too big an award. Most likey the big stam folks will just use it on their next global run.

#34 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:13

A little late in the game for this suggestion (I think), but what if we were just to get prizes as tokens able to spend at a store for bound items (much like the arena)? Prizes could go anywhere from Epic gear to Epic pots or even some stamina. Just a little something that would go farther for each player and something worth the amount of stamina that would need to be put in to get those key points. 

And regarding the total kill count, sure it is a bummer we did not make it this time but I don't think that it should be lowered just because of that reason. Yes, there are less and less players in the game but you have to ask what if? What if we got some more interest in the game? Would we simply just increase the amount of kills then or keep the same lowered price (if we lowered it)? We have been brought up with these globals with success after success with achieving the ruby tier that we are at the point of saying that we deserve the ruby tier every time when that isn't always true. 

Will decreasing the total kill amount required for these globals solve our whole problem or will we continue to find flaws in things around us rather that our own flaws?

#35 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:14

I think one part of the issue of global event is that many players that do not sit with excessive stamina back think I should only go for x amount to qualify x being the standard at the global time . Many feel that they do not have the stamina or the funds to buy their way up to the top 100 list.  Now as for me as a player I have been here doing global events since they have been rolled out. I  can say that yes less players are participating in them and yeah the flow movement in the game is getting tediously slow.  I agree with other players why is this happening, if we have less community on from what we used to have.  I will state that is an issue as well but not the whole problem. I asked this question how do we offer incentive to get those with lower stamina banks wanting to participate in global events and to keep those with higher stamina banks wanting to out top each other and use their stamina. I do say this is a perplexing issue.   I do not have a solution at this time but perhaps if we all throw more ideas in. I will state though just dropping the stats takes the challenge out of the events and that is not fun either.  I like the events to see if we can make it and cheer the community on.    Perhaps we update the global event to do other things at random. I say a scavenger hunt could be fun or perhaps a global arena event or something fresh in general.  I do know there are a lot of good players in the community and I know hcs is good in taking time and reading their forum.  I hope we come together not complaining about the past but create a better future of fun.  

Edited by bigchaos, 25 February 2015 - 01:16.

#36 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:47

People begged and pleaded for more and more events but now we are at event overload and people just aren't motivated to participate anymore.  I don't think the goals need to be changed, I think the motivating factors need to be changed so here are my ideas.

1)  Limit global events to twice per year and make them midway between the double XP events.  This would give us 4 major events per year, which is plenty.  It would also encourage people to participate and get those chests now because the next chance will be a long time coming.

2)  Change the reward chests to something like the Luxury Golden Chest with multiple reward options.  That way each player can choose the types of potion rewards they want.  Some may want a Cuty Ruby Box while others may want an Emblazoned Royal Chest.  By putting half the options in the spring event and the other half in the fall, each chest will only be available once per year but everyone can get the rewards they most desire from each event.  People could even mix and match which potions they want by choosing different rewards from each chest.

3)  Continue to give 2 extra boxes for the top 100 but award 1 extra box for 101-200.  This will provide some extra motivation for those with lower stam banks to shoot for a higher score.

Screenshot everything!

#37 Skiritai

Skiritai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:38

Please do not make the events to easy. Anything worth having is worth some work. I don't have a lot of FSP at any given time, I'm careful with what I do have. I use hunt gold to  upgrade my stam in the gold area as well as other thing that the admin put into the game. I like that, but think some of the things are a wee little bit high. lol  I'll get there in time too. I sell hunt gold for dots in the market through a broker.  I don't do just the minimum, I never know if the count will mess up the count. :P  I alway go at least 500 above the minimum, sometimes even more.   At 5k+ stam, with another +10 added after each hunt,  I can bump up my kill streak to between 6 and 7k without any real problem. 

I don't mind working for what I want, never have, never will, and I like this game, it has a lot of facets to it.

This would be a nice time to toss this out. I really, really like the guild I'm in. I mean I really like it.

I would like to request an option that would allow me to share my chests with my guild mates, IE guild bound not bound to me.  :)  Did I say I really like the guild I'm in right now. lol  I would happily hang the chests from the store celing with rope and we could all share them.

Edited by Skiritai, 25 February 2015 - 02:45.

#38 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:51

In almost every event that I decided to participate in, I've popped super potions and did what I could to help the community by using as much stam as I can and even buying stam using FSP.  It's gotten to the point now where I don't even want to participate because it's so discouraging.  I know I should not expect people to do more, but it's hard sometimes.  I'm not saying make Ruby tier easier to achieve...I'm saying you need to offer more incentive to excite players to participate.  Maybe make the global targets drop certain potions? Maybe make the global targets offer more gold...I don't know, but something that MAKES players want to kill them.

17,500,000 is not unobtainable by any means, but that is a number people don't want to hit because, lets be honest, pressing 1,2,3,4,0,1,2,3,4,0 a billion times is not the most exciting.  So maybe encourage people to want to press those buttons more :)

#39 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:48

I want to see MORE, MORE and MORE!!! Let's expand the range of how many it takes to achieve the highest level of potion, say 25m kills;

2500 kills level 1 (common)

5000 kills level 2 (rare)

10000 kills, level 3 (unique)

20000 kills level 4 (crystal)

and the ultimate 50000 for level 5 (ruby)

Attaining these super uber pots needs to be harder for each player! We have global booster 750 in Loyalty rewards/~460ish in Composed pots to make achieving these high individual totals ultra quick. Not every player needs to be able to access level 500/525+ skills. Give us three weeks prep/lead time and let the event run for 1 week once it kicks off - let the small stam bank players have a chance to recharge.  Allow Top 100 - 2 ruby pots like it is now and the next top 150 players receive 1 Ruby. I'd also like to see chests count toward Fragmenter medal. Already, it will take 10 more years for anyone to receive Diamond - it's a bone I think should be thrown. Lastly, I'm still LMAO that players are whining about getting ONLY 2 - 400/425+ level skills. These pots are way too overpowered already.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#40 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:12

I want to see MORE, MORE and MORE!!! Let's expand the range of how many it takes to achieve the highest level of potion, say 25m kills;

2500 kills level 1 (common)

5000 kills level 2 (rare)

10000 kills, level 3 (unique)

20000 kills level 4 (crystal)

and the ultimate 50000 for level 5 (ruby)

Attaining these super uber pots needs to be harder for each player! We have global booster 750 in Loyalty rewards/~460ish in Composed pots to make achieving these high individual totals ultra quick. Not every player needs to be able to access level 500/525+ skills. Give us three weeks prep/lead time and let the event run for 1 week once it kicks off - let the small stam bank players have a chance to recharge.  Allow Top 100 - 2 ruby pots like it is now and the next top 150 players receive 1 Ruby. I'd also like to see chests count toward Fragmenter medal. Already, it will take 10 more years for anyone to receive Diamond - it's a bone I think should be thrown. Lastly, I'm still LMAO that players are whining about getting ONLY 2 - 400/425+ level skills. These pots are way too overpowered already.

wow Lou....I agree  :)  (almost 20k kills ...and had 9k stam when event started)  i did my best to help community...as did others....to no avail...  I  am happy with crystal...  BUT...   i spent alot of fsp and time to get those 20k kills......

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: