• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 00:24

I would like to propose that an area maybe called "Bygone Allies" or "Lost Allies" or something like that be added to the character sheet.

1.  Each player would be given initially 5 slots.  Any ally that has been gone from the game 6 months or more would automatically be moved to the area.  Additional slots could be purchases just as we can purchase additional allies and enemies now.

2.  I do not know about everyone but once I have added a friend as an ally (or enemy), I am very hesitant to remove them, in fact I have have never dropped an ally (or enemy, except to move them to ally). 

3.  To me the game is primarily social.  Hunted Cows you might not like this, but the game its self is incredibly boring.  But the social aspects are probably about as high as any game I have ever seen.  The game at least for me is secondary to the chat.  I think that might be true for a lot of the players.  The primary people we talk to are guild members, allies, and enemies.  When the guild chat is light and all you see are dark purple dots in the allies and enemies it starts getting depressing.  The game gets lonesome and the ties to it start unraveling until one day you just stop returning.  It is not so much intending to leave for good as you forget about the game or just no reason to come back.  This is probably worst for players with lots of stamina as it takes in some players cases over a month to recharge stamina.  I actually stopped purchasing increased max stamina because it was over a week to recharge.

4.  By adding the new area we can continue to honor our friends by letting them know if they ever rejoin that they were not forgotten and indeed thought about, but we can also see when looking for who all we might be wanting to talk to, see an area rich in people that are still active and might even be green dots.

5.  Another idea might be to set up private chat areas, sort of like guild chat but player defined.  You could charge FSP to initially create an area with 3 people limit at a time and charge to increase that size too.

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:31

I wouldn't initially be opposed to this as another possible source of income for HCS. I have seen several players complain about the current limit on Ally spaces. 

Goodness knows that the Enemy spaces have been manipulated perhaps beyond repair. Yeah, there I am pretty bitter since it's manipulation led to what I personally considered to be "unwanted attention" when a player put my name in their bio as the only actual Enemy in their Enemy section. I was wrong. 

However, if this was to be implemented, I would like to suggest that it is limited to players being able to move ONLY those players are inactive actually on their allies list to the "new area". 

Assuming that were to go through....

Beyond that, and perhaps less important, I would then like to see some type of programming that moved returning players back into the Ally field. If there is no room there... then there would be a time limit for the "owning player" to make a decision or perhaps even both players involved.

More than this idea I would like to see some other major field examples created. Again, I have very strong feelings about this particular issue for way over 7 years. For me, the Enemy list has been used and abused for various ends without the consent of a large number of players.

Hence, I would go further and suggest areas for several aspects of the game:

Buffers.

Farmers (to be determined if we divide in terms of plants, frags or whatever). 

Maybe a little differentiated from the what Nat is suggesting is that there could be a section for "people I'd like to remember" that wouldn't require a player's acquiescence. This would make it clear that the player there does not hold any opinion over the player placing them there.

????- who knows what else? 

As things stand now, Allies are forever. Enemies are limited to what the player putting them there says, be it true or not... and, in my experience, with zero recourse. 

I like the seed of this idea... Time to fix something broken for ages? Hey.... more fields could bring a bit more excitement to the game on so many levels and get things working the way they should be. 

How many of you use the Enemy list for players that aren't your Enemies? 

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:59

I really never understood the Enemies section, it's pretty useless.

Perhaps move all Enemies to Allies, and the Enemies section would contain any player that you have attacked (outside the Ladder) 50 times or more on the last 3 months, or that attacked you for that amount, or a sum of the two...That would be fun to see...I don't know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: