#1 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:49

Why I didn't notice as soon as I started using it is beyond me but anyways... According to the tool tip Inciting Cry (16 point Templar talent) causes a high amount of threat and applies taunt for 6 seconds to all enemies. While running Garai Coliseum today I noticed that its not actually applying 6 second taunt to the mobs but rather just grabbing their attention and then letting go.

I'm also specced in to Deafening Voice so whether its a conflict between the debuff being applied in the taunts place or not I don't know.

While we're on the subject of taunts it might be worth while to take a look at the single target taunt as well. According to its tool tip it causes a high amount of threat applies taunted status for 4 seconds and forces the target to focus on you. Currently I'm specced with 1 point in Resolute making it a 7 second taunt instead of a 4 second when Loaf some how managed to pull the 1st boss in GC off me after applying a fresh taunt to him.

Now to me that tool tip says that while the target is under the effects of the taunted status it should not be focusing on any other player other than myself esp. after it had a fresh taunt applied.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#2 joeyfox

joeyfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 15:06

Agreed, I've found that shortly after taunting the 3rd boss in boondocks and the 1st and 3rd boss in The Vault as well, I taunt and sometimes the boss carries on going for the previous target, so my taunt has no affect.

Also, with regards to the Inciting Cry skill/talent, as it doesn;t apply 'taunt' atm it doesn;t activate spiked armor either.

Vu7p1x : Templar (tank)

lvl25 Armorsmithing, 32prospecting, 10 cooking,12 skinning whisper me on Terra server if you need somthing. :) 

Vulpanash: Assassin(DPS)

lvl8 Leatherworking, lvl12 skinning.

My shop is at http://forums.hunted...topic=60022&hl= :)

Also, buying copper and bronze bars. Message me price :)

Buying coal, 3S a stack :P message me here, or check terra server (or Oceanic if Terra is busy)

#3 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:21

I didn't even think about spiked armor.. Good call Vu7.

*waits patiently*

Edited by Orlac, 16 December 2013 - 23:02.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#4 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 23:07

Shameless bump. :mellow:

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#5 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 23:19

We just ran TR as a vanillia group (Prophet, 3DPS, Templar).

I speced Templar for the instance and I do think that the taunts are working, it just takes time for them to "stack up" or at-least that's how it seems.

For the first few minutes into the boss fights I wouldn't have the full attention of the adds and bosses, however given a few minutes to cycle through taunt, impale and cry I was able to hold all bosses (In fine gear with a level 25 shield).

It would seem the taunts, if used in "fast fights" are more of an "attention grab" move. However if you're in a fight that is going to take over 5 minutes (just a random number to give an idea) the threat adds up overtime to the point where you may only lose attention once or twice and can regain it quickly with one taunt pop.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#6 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 23:49

And you don't see any conflict between Deafening Voice and Inciting Cry applying taunt?

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 00:01

And you don't see any conflict between Deafening Voice and Inciting Cry applying taunt?

Not sure what you mean by the deafening voice part as that applies a damage reduction. 

But the cry does work, it just takes time to build, when I was hitting it at the start or on trash I would gain the attention of all mobs for more or-less 6 seconds..

Edit:

I wrote that without taking into account with what you said in your first post. I'll pay more attention next time with the points you mentioned and bring it up if it seems you're onto something, but from my memory everything was working as intended.

Edited by Neon, 17 December 2013 - 00:02.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 18:55

I had a look at the taunts based on what's been said.

There was a mistake on the Inciting Cry description. The status effect it applies is actually Deafened, the basic version has the same effect as Taunted though.

The description on the Deafening Voice version of the Deafened status effect didn't mention that it still taunted opponents.

It looks like some creatures ignored a caster that used Taunt when the caster was, by the creatures logic, far away. This affects some creatures more than others, Khnum seems to be one.

Hopefully these changes should be in the next build.

Spiked Armor works as intended. It is specifically a Taunt talent so doesn't work for Inciting Cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: