BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2021 - 15:20

Hi all,

The following creatures have been spotted stalking the Realms! The heroes have to step up and defend the innocents!

Frost Dragon (Legendary)
64c6b164b616c1219e0867b4921bee51ef.png

The Scrolls of Lore describe the elegant yet deadly Frost Dragons as non-aligned guardians of ancient treasures. These magnificently ancient beasts make the coldest and most inhospitable places their lairs, sleeping deep in icy caves with their treasure. To seek out a Frost Dragon is suicide, the ice hard scales upon its body are all but impervious to attack and its frozen breath can freeze a man solid in seconds.

Recommended Level : 15+

Thonomoth (Legendary)
3229349c224542cca19724cb2a2cbb6510e.png

The mighty Thonomoths wanderings have once again brought it in contact with the innocent peoples of the world and the titanic beast is venting all its suppressed anger and hatred on them, laying waste to towns and villages as it tramples on towards more populated areas in search of more to destroy. Such a beast must be stopped quickly!

Recommended Level : 60+

Gogmor Mancrusha (Legendary)
2694245348d5f86df547c46fe398e93ca92.png

The marauding giant Gogmor Mancrusha has awoken from his 100 year slumber in the mountains and gone on the rampage once more. Never yet defeated, Gogmore has been known to batter cities to dust his huge club and devour whole populations of people with his never ending hunger.

Recommended Level : 120+

Samael (Legendary)
45351b1c8a00fc16da065d5a55d3889c3ed.png

The demon known as Samael has returned to the world via a unguarded portal to the other realms. He hates all life and wants nothing more than to destroy it. This most powerful and evil entity must be sent back to the realm it came from before it completes its plan for a lifeless world. 

Recommended Level : 160+

Lord Thorn (Legendary)
103244f787677b83ebc02b4e953f2fa09e2a.png

Lord Thorn is a power hungry Warrior. Perfect for the Shadowlord's purposes. Having been granted Demonic status, he is rampaging through the Realms shedding blood in the name of his evil Patron. Will you stand in his path and destroy this evil foe?

Recommended Level : 290+

The Challenger (Legendary)
103411616086bc2c2135bbd06dd50539dbbc.png

A normally honorable Warrior in search of worthy Combatants to test his mettle, the Challengers mind has been twisted by Burzzthak. He is now roaming the land in a fury, looking for Warriors of power and is dispatching them by any means possible. Will you be able to fight the Challenger to a standstill and save his Honor?

Recommended Level : 475+

Otaktay the Inviolate (Legendary)
4770e608c7272ddf7ac6d21b25ce9c338f81.png

Otakay the Inviolate comes from the west river area. He roams the open plains ravaging all that make claim to his land. He is vengeance incarnate for all the wrongs that have ever been inflicted upon his people!

Designed by : JKlundt

Recommended Level : 850+

Khimaira (Legendary)
42995f3c3e9dea7f04c66298f486c2f9a582.png

Another 'Sire of Monsters', Khimaira is the primogenitor of the various Chimera that inhabit the Realms. It is the oldest and most powerful of it's vile race. This huge beast has the front third of a lion, the middle is of a goat, with a goats head rising from the center of it's spine. Both heads are skeletal and putrid! The final third of the body is draconic in nature with a tail terminating with the head of a snake which spits poison! Both the goats heat and lions head are capable of spewing torrents of fire! This is a huge and horrifying beast!

Recommended Level : 1425+

Caldrax the EverFrozen (Legendary)
4708c49c9f55cf811819656483a6956b6edf.png

Born to a race of icy warriors called the Thradrul, Caldrax left his people to explore the unknown world. During his travels, he came across a crystal formation that the indigenous people call the Despair Crystal. As Caldrax approached the formation, it started glowing red, magical energy bleeding from it.

For Caldrax, the world turned black and he collapsed. When he awoke, he felt naught but overwhelming power. No pain, no emotions, only an insatiable desire to see blood. Caldrax's only urge was to stalk the most powerful warriors in the land and kill them in combat. Submission isn’t enough, he shall paint the lands red with warrior blood. Bloodthirsty and violent, Caldrex is the ultimate opponent.

Designed by : iceman66

Recommended Level : 2000+

Palmago the Stalker (Legendary)
4300ddc50770709d09e274f790b05221d54e.png

Palmago the Stalker is an assassin par excellence! This creature looks essentially like a man shaped grey tiger. A beast in human form. It quite surprises people to find that he is also intelligent, calculating and sells his prodigious skills to the highest bidder. He's comparable to a ninja assassin, though his fur provides a natural camouflage and his claws are excellent climbing tools. They also make formidable weapons, more so when coupled with a powerful maw full of dagger-like teeth!

Recommended Level : 2175+

Hades Werewolf (Legendary)
4391138696312de4c78d19a606e335dd503e.png

The Hades Werewolf is a lycanthropic nightmare, part man, part hellhound. This dangerous creature appears to be a hunter and tracker, though for whom is unknown. All that is known is that the fiery furred, red skinned monster is a vicious  and relentless hunter and killer!

Designed by : hades8840

Recommended Level : 2975+

GrooVelox the Swift (Legendary)
4678514d0b3f69b6a47fccfafeb8d265fa51.png

GrooVelox is a peculiar creature. One who insists on being the fastest being alive! To this end, it taps into a magical force to increase it's speed to incredible levels. At it's fastest, it leaves a red and yellow blur behind it!

Designed by : Groosalugg!

Recommended Level : 3200+

Druugkiel The Annihilator (Legendary)
5160435f72e11b04ca1f4e32dd3811848dbc.png

Far from Erildath, there is a dead land that goes by the name of Scorn.  This land was ravaged by war and famine and is uninhabitable.  But, there is one creature that lives there, the dreaded Druugkiel.  Massive in stature, and brutal in nature, Druugkiel is profoundly savage.  This monstrosity moves from realm to realm devouring all Chompers as it survives off their life-force.

Chompers are an unsustainable food source for Druugkiel, so it always searches far away realms for more life energy.  Recently, there has been whispers that Druugkiel is on the hunt for a more, accessible, food source. As Druugkiel approaches Erildath, we must prepare for the coming onslaught of destruction, malice and pain. To Arms! To victory!

Designed by : iceman66

Recommended Level : 3550+

Kulkan Vigilscale (Legendary)
611270e063159f309595649cacec283e0919.png

From deep within the depths of Erildath, Kulkan Vigilscale slumbered. A Lord and Protector of draconic kind, a recent slaughter of his kin has awoken him in a fearsome rage. He has erupted from his lair, vengeance incarnate! All who have slain his kind shall suffer!

Designed by : killerz15

Recommended Level : 4025+

Additionally, the following LEs have been spotted in the Scavenging Cave!

Death's Head Bone Golem (Legendary)
1492933c0fc8bd9f11375e53b236ffbdb604.png

The Death's Head Bone Golem is another of the early creations of the mad Doctor Morbidstein. The Golem is covered in dark runes of protection and is said to be powered by a heart formed from pure necromantic magic that fuels the golem with great power. Many believe the Golem is simply a terror creation, animated and sent off to cause as much random havoc as it can!

Recommended Level : 450+

Recommended Gold : 21,000+

Tree Mistress Zykz (Legendary)
14244bcd37c5c469416364dd60fad9015259.png

Tree Mistress Zykz is one of the most powerful of the tree beings known as the Hamadryads. She experienced the destruction of her forest home and her Hamadryads by humans and since that day took on a gloomy aspect of decay and doom. As much a danger to plant life as animal life. Wherever Zykes travels, rot and decay follow, an ability that threatens the life of the world and one that must be extinguished...

Recommended Level : 750+

Recommended Gold : 27,000+

Sanguidere (Legendary)
2045a2fa562b57211c2276afee8c59e4c1de.png

The Sanguidere is a Wyvern so elusive that many believe they are not real, made up by intoxicated men around campfires struggling for a ghost story. But the frightening reality for them is that they do exist. The Sanguidere sleep deep underground for generations only to stir when food is plentiful. For a few weeks every couple of hundred years, they gorge themselves night after night, literally sucking the life out of villages and towns. They even turn cities into silent hubs of death. When their bellies are full with the blood of their victims, they retreat once more into the darkness.

Recommended Level : 975+

Recommended Gold : 31,000+

Mirky the Malevolent (Legendary)
5848ba72f487baefe7f1a9316440985f4ef1.png

Mirky the Malevolent is a vile little backstabber. He hides in water or bogs, his fur looking like floating weeds and scum. He waits for even powerful foes that are well versed in combat, as he knows how to strike at weak or exposed joints in armor!

Designed by : EpicPiety

Recommended Level : 3700+

Recommended Gold : 45,000+

These creatures shall be available until 12:00  on Monday the 8th of March 2021.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

• Zue likes this

#2 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 15:38

Appreciate the event... but surly there was something new you could’ve added? Possibly taking out some of the old outdated LEs and adding a New in there place or Replacing the Cave LEs with something worth while to go after. WYB brews or something.! Again I’m sure some will farm the LE for Frags but guess I’ll just have to sit this one out just like the last one and wait for a Global ( hopefully a new one ) or something other than LEs that are worth nothing in AH and rarely used.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 19:43

Appreciate the event... but surly there was something new you could’ve added? Possibly taking out some of the old outdated LEs and adding a New in there place or Replacing the Cave LEs with something worth while to go after. WYB brews or something.! Again I’m sure some will farm the LE for Frags but guess I’ll just have to sit this one out just like the last one and wait for a Global ( hopefully a new one ) or something other than LEs that are worth nothing in AH and rarely used.

LE spawn rate and drop rate are far too high. I do believe if LE were more rare it would do alot in regards to balancing not only LE Gear but also composing pots. It would be alittle more costly to use Near epic level composing.

Probably start with putting a cap on how many of each LE can be out in the world opposed to map (Guessing thats how it is?)... Instead of 100 per map for example 100 in the world.

Remove AM from LE

Nerf LE Drop rate as not only do we have really high FI for cheap now we also have Lady Luck 200.

This in return will also make LE more of an active task rather than afk task. It wouldn't be as hardcore as SE hunting but you would have to move around scout and find them.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 March 2021 - 19:45.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2021 - 20:24

LE spawn rate and drop rate are far too high. I do believe if LE were more rare it would do alot in regards to balancing not only LE Gear but also composing pots. It would be alittle more costly to use Near epic level composing.

Probably start with putting a cap on how many of each LE can be out in the world opposed to map (Guessing thats how it is?)... Instead of 100 per map for example 100 in the world.

Remove AM from LE

From a quick look, it seems that LE's spawn across either 4 or 5 realms, so limit them to 50 / map without AM working on them.

Nerf LE Drop rate as not only do we have really high FI for cheap now we also have Lady Luck 200.

You could just limit the efficacy of FI ? - cap it at the highest cow-provided, AH potion - i.e. FI1000. That said, lowering the drop rate would be a much easier solution...

This in return will also make LE more of an active task rather than afk task. It wouldn't be as hardcore as SE hunting but you would have to move around scout and find them.

I remember when LE hunting was more fun - when AM didn't work and a fixed number spawned every 10 mins and then it was a feeding frenzy trying to bag as many as you could. 

Just a return to that would be a great solution ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 20:25

I remember when LE hunting was more fun - when AM didn't work and a fixed number spawned every 10 mins and then it was a feeding frenzy trying to bag as many as you could. 

Just a return to that would be a great solution ..

Correct that is really my solution above, maybe tie a medal to it aswell.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 March 2021 - 20:25.

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 17:24

Make Cooldown on LE like titans

you got like 50 kill on each LE then will get CD  ...

this way huge stamina and Bp players  cant hoard over 100 LE item in 1 event

I think nerfing FI or AM will just hurt low stamina players

Edited by shindrak, 10 March 2021 - 17:27.

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 00:23

Make Cooldown on LE like titans

you got like 50 kill on each LE then will get CD  ...

this way huge stamina and Bp players  cant hoard over 100 LE item in 1 event

I think nerfing FI or AM will just hurt low stamina players

I am not proposing nerfing FI but reducing base drop rate. Also LE events are usually 3-4 days plenty of time to regen stam.

#8 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:53

I am a guild potion composer. I farm the highest level LEs during an event to either sell or frag to increase my frag bank. 

Point being!

I am seeing a lot of disoriented returning players (from way back) or new players that have the MEH whatever attitude.

I can use more of the LE event to farm frags as I do guild composing for free.

Pretty hefty fees for PvP potions :) havent sold one of those since craptree left the guild *sigh*

Best place for hard to get LE sets would be in the caves   

#9 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:55

where do I vote to not change and keep it...as is?

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:40

I am a guild potion composer. I farm the highest level LEs during an event to either sell or frag to increase my frag bank. 

Point being!

I am seeing a lot of disoriented returning players (from way back) or new players that have the MEH whatever attitude.

Pretty hefty fees for PvP potions :) havent sold one of those since craptree left the guild *sigh*

You don't NEED an event to farm LE frags....  ALL the quest LE's are available 24/7.....   

As for any proposed changes to how LE's spawn and to relieve flooding in the AH during an event, I have no clue if that would change anything, but I really think that one negative aspect would just be replaced by another. 

Just prior to the great rollback of 2008, I participated in my first LE event. I don't for sure remember if AM worked or not at that time, partly because of the passage of time, but also because I was only in Thonomoth range at that time, and few that I knew had AM to cast.  But I do remember that nonetheless, the AH got flooded with LE gear, even way back then.  Some have told me that AM didn't even work on LE's at that time, and if this is the case, then AM is not to blame for this phenomenon now, it is just what happens when greed takes over and people forget this is a game and we're supposed to be entertained and having fun.....  

Edited by BadPenny, 11 March 2021 - 07:41.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 17:16

You don't NEED an event to farm LE frags....  ALL the quest LE's are available 24/7.....   

As for any proposed changes to how LE's spawn and to relieve flooding in the AH during an event, I have no clue if that would change anything, but I really think that one negative aspect would just be replaced by another. 

Just prior to the great rollback of 2008, I participated in my first LE event. I don't for sure remember if AM worked or not at that time, partly because of the passage of time, but also because I was only in Thonomoth range at that time, and few that I knew had AM to cast.  But I do remember that nonetheless, the AH got flooded with LE gear, even way back then.  Some have told me that AM didn't even work on LE's at that time, and if this is the case, then AM is not to blame for this phenomenon now, it is just what happens when greed takes over and people forget this is a game and we're supposed to be entertained and having fun.....  

the numbers of Leg's available along with respawn rate of those DQ Leg's are less efficient than current LE's.
also using 4LF, need high hits which requires a high population and a high respawn rate to get perfect set for self or guild. or multiples of special item (frost ring).
high level players may not have use for these LE items but that does not apply to all players.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 19:06

Point being!

Why should there be easy access to brewing extremely cheap near epic if not epic level potions? You are not the only guild composer in the realm. The good thing about Guilds is you are one of many, it's time teamwork plays a part XD.

Legendary fragments are basically easier to come by than Unique from Elites through farming. Elites do not respawn with AM. Why should a Legendary Creature a higher Tier mob? Doesn't make much sense.

Making LE frags more difficult (Require more work to farm) to come by would really help with balancing the game.

Edited by EpicPiety, 11 March 2021 - 20:37.

#13 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:09

Nice beable edit, but I saw it.

9G6LAA4.gif

Unique frags aren't used up as much in composing pots where LE frags take the biggest dent. If anyone is using unique frags in throwaway composing pots to level up then they're not doing it efficiently.

I'm sure you know all this and I wouldn't want to cast speculation on your experience or character now. That'd be petty.

The drop rate of LE's isn't that great even with FI and Lady Luck and reckoning, it's about right really if the time is put in. Have you tried it recently?

Arguing that some LE's are around all the time is kind of moot too, they drop 1 frag or what, 3? if you've spent 400fsp going through Karthak to reach the Seal of Fire?

I do seem to remember however quite a few of your guild, not that I cast any aspersions on their desire or reasoning at the time for wanting larger backpack spaces for I dunno, oh such LE events like this was when items where available for making multiple tiered epic items.

Granted a few of those have left, and now it seems you're just casting out babble, or beable if I may, about things that you don't see as a problem to you when you're too far gone to even consider how such events are actually useful to others. You'd rather be dressing up your members for relics, we know.

So what if items end up going for 1fsp or less perfect for a while, you reap what you sow.

#14 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:54

I will not quoting players for I not wanting starting fight

players who saying they wanting making changes to LE event or it for good of composing then they not sayig truth because they knowing it only will doing changes to prices of LE items, affecting composing it will be very little

they knowing very many getting frags from global events, we now having Gargantuan Mosquito global event, everyone can now go do it and see for proof

same players in past was saying this:

increasing BP slot

it was 1k, they cry, it get 1500, they keep crying for more until end is 5k, beause of their greed players with big BP slot mass farming LE items and selling very cheap

increasing composing level

they keeping crying for increasing composing level, because of their greed players wanting making epic potions themself, look how it has destroying game and making pvp, gvg, hunting, farming and rest is joke and they still crying for increasing composing level

increasing fragments

they keep crying for increasing frags, in beginning there no frag stash drop, only way you could getting frag stash was getting it from global fragment event where reward is frag stashes after qualify

players start crying and it getting that every global monster in all global events now dropping frag stash too, now we having Gargantuan Mosquito global event, everyone can now go do it and see for proof

these 3 things is true reason that destroying LE items value, now there players with million frags can creating many epic potions

greed of players have destroying this game and still some players only posting for greed, this very sad

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 18:10

players who saying they wanting making changes to LE event or it for good of composing then they not sayig truth because they knowing it only will doing changes to prices of LE items, affecting composing it will be very little

Reduction in supply of LE fragments will massively change composing. Epic level composing pots should be very costly to create.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 18:13

these 3 things is true reason that destroying LE items value, now there players with million frags can creating many epic potions

greed of players have destroying this game and still some players only posting for greed, this very sad

I have like 17k LE frags and my composing isn't even 60. Those people who have alot of LE frags will eventually gas out. That is the price to pay for mistakenly allowing such a massive amount of LE frags to be supplied in the game. If you can let me know why you should beable to pop off with SH480 coa/cod350 among other buffs for really really cheap i will listen. I'm not proposing that you nerf composing skill levels. Allow those skills to be brewed but make the cost correlate.

Edited by EpicPiety, 13 March 2021 - 18:18.

#17 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2021 - 18:58

I have like 17k LE frags and my composing isn't even 60. Those people who have alot of LE frags will eventually gas out. That is the price to pay for mistakenly allowing such a massive amount of LE frags to be supplied in the game. If you can let me know why you should beable to pop off with SH480 coa/cod350 among other buffs for really really cheap i will listen. I'm not proposing that you nerf composing skill levels. Allow those skills to be brewed but make the cost correlate.

i agree they are near epic pots being cheap as chips to use for every menial task! its fun for a bit but drastically takes away sparkle from the game!

guess there is candy in the baby's mouth now LOL.

Edited by Undjuvion, 13 March 2021 - 19:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: