#1 akewlname

akewlname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 April 2012 - 18:02

Ok so here goes my first post ever made on the forums after like 4+ years of playing? :P

Ok here's some changes I think should be made....feel free to disagree with me

1. I really think that the ally and enemy list should be free.....why should we pay to keep in touch with the friends we made in the game? Games like RuneScape let you have 100 friends for free and all they charge is the monthly fee every month if you want to be a member. Having a free friends list should be free for all players in FallenSword...I'd have a huge list of allies at the moment if I had the FSPs to upgrade my allies list. A free allies list is a great way for players of FallenSword to keep in touch with each other and see who's on. A definitely more enjoyable game experience.
2. Drop those stupid Shards please :(
3. Bring back the thumbs down button...this will show what the FS community thinks of each update and will not show false support.
4. Stop doing so many promotions with those extra bonuses...I think it's getting a bit outta hand when you do those 20% bonus FSP promotions too frequently.
5. GvG conflicts should not be 500k if your GvG rating is high; that's like punishing a guild for being good at GvGs......

anyway that's pretty much all I have for now. Thanks for reading guys :)

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 18:07

3. Bring back the thumbs down button...this will show what the FS community thinks of each update and will not show false support.

This is the only thing that makes sense...I found it disappointing when they took it down. Didn't know this was communist Russia lol :lol:

#3 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 18:12

Ok so here goes my first post ever made on the forums after like 4+ years of playing? :P

I hope you feel better now :wink:

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#4 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 18:26

I agree with everything except point #5, although I don't really fell strongly about it tbh

But seriously, what's the point of having a thumbs up button if there's no thumbs down? It's pointless. And it looks like you're trying to ignore the fact that some people have negative reactions to things you do.
So ya, bring back thumbs down, or no thumbs at all.

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2012 - 19:52

1. I really think that the ally and enemy list should be free.....why should we pay to keep in touch with the friends we made in the game? Games like **** let you have 100 friends for free and all they charge is the monthly fee every month if you want to be a member. Having a free friends list should be free for all players in FallenSword...I'd have a huge list of allies at the moment if I had the FSPs to upgrade my allies list. A free allies list is a great way for players of FallenSword to keep in touch with each other and see who's on. A definitely more enjoyable game experience.

This is something we could look at :)

If we did that, we would not longer be able to have the video rewards.

We aren't planning to re-add this.

4. Stop doing so many promotions with those extra bonuses...I think it's getting a bit outta hand when you do those 20% bonus FSP promotions too frequently.

We have special offers now and again - if you don't like them you can just ignore them :)

5. GvG conflicts should not be 500k if your GvG rating is high; that's like punishing a guild for being good at GvGs......

This is something we are looking at changing :)

- hoof

#6 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 20:09

1. I really think that the ally and enemy list should be free.....why should we pay to keep in touch with the friends we made in the game? Games like **** let you have 100 friends for free and all they charge is the monthly fee every month if you want to be a member. Having a free friends list should be free for all players in FallenSword...I'd have a huge list of allies at the moment if I had the FSPs to upgrade my allies list. A free allies list is a great way for players of FallenSword to keep in touch with each other and see who's on. A definitely more enjoyable game experience.

- hoof

I hope you're not serious there Hoof ? - making them free will cause a LOT of resentment from all those who have paid for the extras, unless there would be a plan to reimburse everyone for purchased "slots" ?

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2012 - 20:13

- hoof

I hope you're not serious there Hoof ? - making them free will cause a LOT of resentment from all those who have paid for the extras, unless there would be a plan to reimburse everyone for purchased "slots" ?

I said it was something we could look at.

If we did make a change like this we would of course refund all the Fallen Sword Points used on the upgrade.

What might be better however would be to increase the starting amount of allies / enemies you can add.

#8 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 20:14

- hoof

I said it was something we could look at.

If we did make a change like this we would of course refund all the Fallen Sword Points used on the upgrade.

That's fine then LOL - free allies / enemies and refunds ? - guess you'll not hear any objections now :)

#9 akewlname

akewlname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2012 - 00:36

Ok sweet and the people who have purchased ally/enemy upgrades can be refunded their FSPs. It'd definitely be more enjoyable knowing when your friends are online or not without the aid of FSPs.

If we did that, we would not longer be able to have the video rewards.
Ok I guess I can understand that.

Why not? It shows the public opinion pretty well.

We have special offers now and again - if you don't like them you can just ignore them :)
Okey just was thinking they were getting a bit too frequent.

This is something we are looking at changing :)
Thanks for the reply!

- hoof

#10 Treelink

Treelink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:58

You should. :) Gives an idea of what the community actually thinks. If you don't have a downvote option, why have upvotes? It's meaningless, and doesn't represent anything really.

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:01

You should. :) Gives an idea of what the community actually thinks. If you don't have a downvote option, why have upvotes? It's meaningless, and doesn't represent anything really.

Agreed ...

#12 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:14

Posted Image

Fixed that for you!

#13 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:30

I say this with all possible respect. But that is stupid. It is in no way a representation of what the community thinks. It would be better to get rid of the stupid thumbs rather than only have one. I realize you may feel some sort of pat on the back kind of emotion when you see all those thumbs that you didn't feel when you saw the thumbs down. There really is no logic reasoning behind this. Again, all possible respect due.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#14 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:12

Alternatively, you could just add a ladder "Who is the most popular player on the ally list" => Fallen Sword's Most Influential Player. That will save time and energy for people who run this contest in the forums every year. Add some minimum requirements to avoid voting by multis, and watch how players are buying their places on the ally lists. :lol:

#15 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42

Alternatively, you could just add a ladder "Who is the most popular player on the ally list" => Fallen Sword's Most Influential Player. That will save time and energy for people who run this contest in the forums every year. Add some minimum requirements to avoid voting by multis, and watch how players are buying their places on the ally lists. :lol:

Need a Ladder for those on enemies lists too :P and I dont mean those who are there for cheap buffs! :lol:

#16 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:44

I say this with all possible respect. But that is stupid. It is in no way a representation of what the community thinks. It would be better to get rid of the stupid thumbs rather than only have one. I realize you may feel some sort of pat on the back kind of emotion when you see all those thumbs that you didn't feel when you saw the thumbs down. There really is no logic reasoning behind this. Again, all possible respect due.

vhat iz dis!? motha russia?!?!

#17 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 22:06

My opinion... who cares? They (the Cows) get so much negative feedback between tickets and these forums it would almost seem that the presence or absence of a "thumbs-down" button would be superfluous.

You can tell if something is liked or disliked by the numbers of thumbs-up. Easy.

By the same token, you can tell just how important something is to the player base by the number of posts on that topic (which is provided directly next to the thumbs-up).

I don't think the thumbs-up are necessary at all. Nor the thumbs-down. If having only one of the two is so upsetting, then just suggest they get rid of the thumbs icon altogether. The posts number would be sufficient in my opinion.

To the O.P.: I've said before I think the social aspect is what keeps most long-term players here. It's not the gameplay. So let them have free allies/enemies past certain levels. 5 free to 100, 10 free at 200, 15 at 300, etc. No one should be FORCED to add allies or enemies, but it'll be another inducement to stick around and makes the game even more social and interactive.

I would like, as well, to see a mouse-over function for my allies/enemies of perhaps their buffs and/or hunting-mode toggle. I love sharing buffs and helping my friends and it would simply make doing so that much easier to do. :-)

#18 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:44

Adding a couple new allies and enemy spaces would be ok but Gren and I agree when we look at all of ours and how half of them are inactive maybe its better to address why people are leaving and keep them instead?

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:39

I would like, as well, to see a mouse-over function for my allies/enemies of perhaps their buffs and/or hunting-mode toggle. I love sharing buffs and helping my friends and it would simply make doing so that much easier to do. :-)

Hmmm. I wonder how easy that would be to do? I'm gonna pass that idea to the Coders!

#20 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:58

Really Grim? Really? Of all the players posting here about how you removed the thumbs down button (since you locked the original post) and what you pick out from this was that hunting mode idea? Then HCS wonder why the game population is falling. As it has been said several times on this topic and several others there is no point in having a thumbs up if there is no thumbs down. What if some people don't agree with the update. Sure they can come on to the forums and complain or submit a ticket but how many people do you think are actually going to spend their time doing that? Bring back the thumbs down button, make it obligatory to explain why you thumbed it down. But at least give the community a way to give feedback directly through the game. What you did by removing the thumbs down was take away our voice to speak out against your decisions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: