Photo

Ladder Glitch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Ladder vs Protection (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a player have the ability to get out of the ladder early by buying protection?

1. It's a loophole, please close it (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Leave it alone (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:37

In the last ladder there was a player that suddenly dropped off the list before the reset.  Apparently they liked giving 100's more than they like receiving 100's so they bought PVP protection which immediately dropped them from the ladder.  Granted, this person was no longer able to receive a ladder reward but the flip side of that coin is that the hits they won, lost and deflected could have influenced the eventual outcome and rewards for the other players.  Once you opt in to the ladder I don't think you should be able to get out until the next reset so protection should be unavailable to you while on the ladder.   Any thoughts on this?

Screenshot everything!

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:43

thats a very bad bug.. should be fixed right away.. you opt in, you stay in..

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:43

PvP Protection on a PvP Ladder is contradictory in my opinion. I'm with you on this one, protection should not be allowed until the next reset and after they've opted out.

#4 Abdizuel

Abdizuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:51

Maybe they were unaware of what they were in for.  Was it the first time they played a ladder?   If so they can say they tried and didn't like it.   If not then seems a glitch.  Still some way out once it is determined you should not be playing shout be allowed.   Take away the progress to smasher medal included when they opt out.

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 13:52

Maybe they were unaware of what they were in for.  Was it the first time they played a ladder?   If so they can say they tried and didn't like it.   If not then seems a glitch.  Still some way out once it is determined you should not be playing shout be allowed.   Take away the progress to smasher medal included when they opt out.

I can kind of see where you're coming from but it's not like they are sitting on the ladder for a week.  The absolute most they will remain on the ladder is 48 hours and most resets are sooner than that.  They have the option of getting out on the next reset and it won't affect the current ladder.

Screenshot everything!

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:02

Yeah it does seem silly. When I was playing the ladder, I had a player who would opt in on a regular basis, attack me when I was buffed and lose, then buy the PvP protection to opt out before I could hit them back  :D

I just laughed at it.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: