Mister Doom's Content

There have been 229 items by Mister Doom (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#972574 Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 10:13 in General Discussion

I made sure to point out the flaws to the cows so they could be fixed, like the large amount of damage being taken with each hit. That was the point of testing it.  I didn't create the flaws in the system. I didn't create the system. I did play the game, which is sorta the point. Or so I thought...... But with any future updates I will let others know we're suppose to just say we hate it without actually trying it out to see how it works.  

You already admitted you were set against the bounty board changes from the beginning, 'before' you 'tested' it.

I'll admit though, using the flawed first version of the seasons to do as much damage as you possibly could, making it look as bad as possible, certainly did the trick.

You killed months of hard work done by HCS and 'probably' killed any hope of HCS ever putting such large amounts of work into the game again.

So, bravo?

#972572 Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 10:02 in General Discussion

I tested the system. Same as many non-pvp players did. I hated the bb being included from the start. I never made it a secret. I was there too. Are you seriously blaming people for playing Seasons when it was introduced? What else were we suppose to do? That doesn't even make sense.  0.o

Lots of people have asked for the level ranges to be opened up some. As the active player base shrinks, so does the viable number of targets for a single player, especially as they go up in levels. It would make sense, but it would be admitting that we're on the downward slope of this game which I don't see the cows ready to do yet.

Grim has said he would talk to Hoof about getting bounties involved in the daily quests. Hope that happens soon!

You used the flawed first incarnation of the system to bring it down, not to help in any way. There is a difference Calista.

As for extending the level ranges. Every time pvp players ask for something it is to the detriment of all other non-pvp players. Hence it flops wildly, then HCS either have to scrap it or nerf it, which annoys pvp players.

You would think after all this time the people making these suggestions would be able to see that these kinds of changes simply don't work.

#972568 Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 09:53 in General Discussion

So you did that all out of the goodness of your heart, right? No malicious intentions of ruining the update in other players eyes?

Come on Calista, you really think people don't know what happened and why? O.o

#972567 Composing question?

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 09:51 in General Discussion

The point is: Save template without needing to create a potion (like when you have full slots already with potions on going and would like to create an new template)  is not possible by now .... while SE list already exist.

This would be a convenience update just as much as the extended SE log. (It's not essential to the game, is it?)

Your motivations are plain to see, proclaiming otherwise is just an insult to intelligence.

#972565 Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 09:46 in General Discussion

More then the pvp players didn't like Seasons, Doom. The cows flat ignored us until the larger player base hated it as well. We told 'em how it would go.  It went the way we thought. Not our fault we know how pvp works in the game. Would be nice if the cows did as well.

I was around watching what was happening back then.

I'm well aware that some pvp'ers were doing their level best to foster that dislike of the new system.

Some players went around around smacking everything in sight non-stop. Then came onto the forums to 'sympathise' and explain that they were only demonstrating what the new system was...

It was actions like these that sealed that systems fate. Especially unfortunate since the ability to do those things was quickly removed. However, the 'bad taste' had already been put into peoples mouths.

#972552 Composing question?

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 07:57 in General Discussion

Nice topic Bloody, It would be great if an way to create an template without the need to compose that potion on the same time was added for composing even if you already have all slots full with potions on going.

I hope hcs could "compose" an answer here as well about this idea

Your attitude towards this suggestion seems extremely peculiar to me. Especially given your 'reasons' for not liking the SE hunter list suggestion. (which would be a much simpler update than this)

That aside I do find this idea to also have merit, based on the content of the suggestion. (not based on who posted it)

#972551 Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

Posted by Mister Doom on 29 November 2016 - 07:51 in General Discussion

I'm sorry this is just a ridiculous idea.

We already had an update that added more activity to the bounty board than we had seen in years, but pvp players didn't like it. (because they didn't control it)

I do however find the differences amusing  between what pvp oriented players and non-pvp oriented players want...

It's almost as if we have been playing a different game for the last decade.

#972529 SE Kill Log / Titan Kill Log

Posted by Mister Doom on 28 November 2016 - 17:55 in General Discussion

Kbyte I don't think you're understanding the motivations behind wanting this.

It's not so people looking for a SE hunter can find one. It's for SE hunters, so they can quickly see which SE's have been killed and when, making it easier to decide which maps to go and scour.

#972522 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 28 November 2016 - 11:30 in General Discussion

The 'vote' was flawed I have to say. It never gave the option of keeping the new system with certain improvements.

There was a concerted effort of certain individuals/guilds who felt their 'dominance' threatened by the newer system and wanted it gone. So they basically lead a forum campaign 'sympathising' with people who had felt THEIR wrath due to the poor initial implementation, shouting about every 'downside' to the new system instead of praising the good aspects and putting forth ideas to the bad ones and constantly calling for all the work that HCS had done to create this new content, to be thrown away. They just wanted it gone, when HCS finally caved and put up the poll, the options given were far too limited, and well, the 'interested parties' that campaigned against it got what they wanted.

Sad story really.

#972304 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 21 November 2016 - 23:39 in General Discussion

Penny, you joined almost exactly a full year before me.

Also to be fair, it has never been clearly stated how much of an effect pvp in this game can have.

Most forms of pvp in other games do not move your xp progression backwards for instance, nor can pvp be used as an alternative to other in-game mechanics for getting what you want from others. In this respect FS is fairly unique.

Since this is one of the main sticking points for people, you really don't think this should be more clearly outlined?

#972225 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 21 November 2016 - 04:50 in General Discussion

Also, arguing about whether or not Fallensword is a PvP game or not and where it is revealed is nonsense.

It is not, it is very important. You complain all the time about people who complain about pvp (all the time).

Perhaps if it was made more evident that pvp plays a large part of this game, and that unlike many other forms of pvp the FS 'flavour' can have an enormous affect on your character, whether you partake or not. Then you might not have as many 'complainers' (because they simply wouldn't sign up).

#972193 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 20 November 2016 - 22:12 in General Discussion

Whatever the case may be I believe they should still be informed on the homepage.

If anything it may prevent these regular complaints that players joined unknowing that player v player combat was a game mechanic and now that they do feel obligated to berate it at every opportunity.

Cheers.

wil72

That was my point wil, although you have to ask yourself... Why were the parts describing the pvp aspects removed in the first place...

#972186 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 20 November 2016 - 20:35 in General Discussion

Regardless of what's stated on the home page. PvP is one of the most important aspects of the game.

If that's the case then potential players should be told of that. Don't you think?

#972121 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:44 in General Discussion

it may not mention it there, but it does on the hunted cows page https://www.huntedco...me/fallen-sword

Doesn't matter, since new users are more likely to head straight to the FS page then they are via the HCS one.

#972119 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:42 in General Discussion

I did misread/misunderstand your posts though wil72 so I apologise, that's what you get when you're only half paying attention. Wanted is on Filmfour. ;)

#972118 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:35 in General Discussion

The description hasn't mentioned the pvp aspect for a long time, pre-website re-design.

It seemed as though HCS were trying to downplay the pvp aspect for a long time.

Perhaps to entice new players, since most users of these types of games are hardcore level grinders, not LOL type person against person gamers.

#972116 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:29 in General Discussion

And?

It should be changed back to a previous version?

Cheers.

wil72

You made a point of posting about the front page advertising FS as a pvp game.

I just wanted to show you that you were wrong, that is all.

#972115 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:28 in General Discussion

Doesn't exactly advertise itself as a game where other players have the ability to beat you senseless. lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

#972113 PvP prestige.

Posted by Mister Doom on 19 November 2016 - 00:22 in General Discussion

If you log out of FS and log out of HCS completely, then navigate your way to the FS page the message you see (and what brand new users see) is this...

Fallen Sword is a massively multiplayer role playing game set in the exciting and evolving world of Erildath. Players enter the world and explore, adventure across a vast number of realms with thousands of other players.

Fallen Sword is a great game to play on your own or with friends. It has an old school MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) feel to it, with a great combat system. Slice your way through the many dungeons and group with your friends to defeat Legendary creatures.

Game Features:
Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
Thousands of items and quests to collect.
Free to play with no downloads.
Trading and auction systems.
Variety of exciting community events.
Regular updates and improvements.
An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

#972105 Tiered Inferno Hammers!

Posted by Mister Doom on 18 November 2016 - 22:46 in General Discussion

Can you (HCS) also change the original 'Tier 0' version back to it's old animated image?

The new image for the unmodified hammer isn't an improvement.

#972099 Tiered Inferno Hammers!

Posted by Mister Doom on 18 November 2016 - 22:18 in General Discussion

T1 = 2 inferno hammers

T2 = 2 x T1 (4)

T3 = 2 x T2 (8)

T4 = 2 x T3 (16)

T5 = 2 x T4 (32)

This is still a long drawn out TEDIOUS process btw. Since each inferno hammer is actually 4 inventions itself.

I made mention of an alternative idea in chat earlier of introducing 'upgrade crystals' to some of the DQ rewards and have these (along with 1 of the previous tier items) being used to upgrade stuff. Have these items un-bound also obviously, to avoid DQ rewards becoming redundant once items are fully upgraded.

Alternatively (and probably preferably for some people) have the upgrades attached to some kind of series of quests. Endless inventing is NOT fun for a lot of people. This game is meant to be fun, right?

#972085 Tiered Inferno Hammers!

Posted by Mister Doom on 18 November 2016 - 21:03 in General Discussion

I've just tweaked the recipes so that they all now take 2 of the previous tier rather than 3. Also I've upped the success chance at the higher tiers. I think this should work a bit better.

As far as I could tell no-one had invented any yet so should be ok :)

You need to also increase the amount of stam/xp gain they provide. They are still outclassed by their contemporaries.

Also consider adding the teleport enhancing, um, enhancement to them 'Temporal Shift'.

#972056 Tiered Inferno Hammers!

Posted by Mister Doom on 18 November 2016 - 18:54 in General Discussion

Two hundred and forty three Inferno Hammer gets you...

Attack +210

Damage +540

Stamina +175

Stamina Gain +3

XP Gain +3

Piercing Strike +65

Thievery +20

Critical Hit +80

Breaker +85

Eliter Hunter +100

Min Level 200

Durability 160/160

#972054 Tiered Inferno Hammers!

Posted by Mister Doom on 18 November 2016 - 18:44 in General Discussion

T1 = 3 inferno hammers.

T2 = 3 T1 hammers (9)

T3 = 3 T2 hammers (27)

T4 = 3 T3 hammers (81)

T5 = 3 T4 hammers (243)

#971820 ... a fighting chance?

Posted by Mister Doom on 15 November 2016 - 21:37 in General Discussion

You do have a revenge hit right now! Just hit back. What you are suggesting is to eliminate risk, and that isn't PvP! That is for GvG, Arena or not PvPing. I refuse to accept the last semblance of the Fallensword to be dumbed down. Might as well ask for xp and levels to be omitted...

It only eliminates the risk of the other player getting his guild and friends involved though. It doesn't eliminate the risk of the fight escalating into a on the hour back and forth between two players.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: