DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:45

*edit stupid double post

Edited by DomCorvis, 27 March 2014 - 13:51.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#142 Dantalian

Dantalian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:47

I think it's a great idea not to be able to bounty ladder hits and bounty hunters. Please get this through  ;)

#143 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:50

I usually have an optimistic view on things, but unfortunately, I cannot put one on the outlook that Grim has taken on this. 

The bounty board, in most ways, is a self-policing part of the game in terms of bounty hunters being bountied. Outside of the idea that bounties are to expire and someone is dropped 5 (which has happened even when there are 12+ hours left on bounties that I've seen). If you remove the expiration from the bounties, then it will go back to the olden days where usually if you clear with 10 stams, then you won't get bountied, unless you've made enemies (and they're looking for bounties on you). Outside of expiring bounties, if you clear someone with 10 stams and get bountied, then you make sure to throw 100s next time - it's not difficult and it gets the message across. There is no reason to adjust the community roadmap for this proposition on a part of the game that is dead because of lack of activity on the PVP side rather than "bounty hunters crying foul". 

As this is not on the roadmap, and you've made it very clear "we are sticking to the roadmap. if it's not on there, it won't get listened to." - then please stick to the roadmap and put this on the end if that's the case. Put this one in the pocket and let it be voted on next time

+1

BigGrim,

Let's keep it simple about the bounty board.

The person that completed the bounty, regardless of stamina used per hit, cannot be bountied.  That's the reward for being an awesome bounty hunter.

Everyone else can be bountied.  That's the incentive to become a better bounty hunter.

If a bounty hunter that used 10 stam per hit cannot be bountied, then they can just stop at 9 hits or hit for pvpv prestige.

I feel this is wrong. If someone uses 10x100 stams to clear my bounty then i want to watch him/her lose levels. And having a higher level player(usually in my case 1200+) clearing a bounty hundreds of levels below them with no buffs doesnt make you an "awesome" bounty hunter....it makes you able to beat someone lower level than yourself....(sorry if this offends any BH'rs but a awesome BH'r is one who battles thru the buffs/activations/deflects and still beats another hunter)

Sounds to me like you cows are trying to remove ALL risk from pvp....gold targets are few and far between these days tthanks to gold sinks/methods of moving gold around. PvP ladder is becoming a pillow fight for those who wish to earn easy tokens and claim pvp'r skills but swing 1-2x on players that are 1/2 geared and no buffs. Now with no bountying ladder hits you have made it so some can sit on a ladder and make sure everyone is offline and unable to defend before hitting and never be punished. or for those who pvp outside of ladder also- they see you on BB, they have guild mates take bounty and smash you. you can do nothing to the actual offending player while they have an easier time because you've been knocked outta gear or even the ladder range? ( ive seen these scenarios happen)

#144 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:52

I want to try to get a point across of "looking" at the bigger picture here. 

As a community, we need to know what problems you are trying to address BG. There are plenty of problems in the game, and you are proposing changes, but not the underlying problem you see. 

PVP Ladder - My guess at the problem is players complaining about the ability to bounty someone for a ladder hit.

Ok - I see that as possibly being a problem, especially when most of the bounties come from players who do nothing on the ladder except sit for a 2nd or 3rd place finished and get whomped upon. That's understandable, but the bigger issue for this is the fact that the PVP ladder is broken in the first place. Let's look at suggestions to fix the bigger issue rather than putting a band-aid on something that will most likely see even less activity than before. Let's face it-  the PVP ladder isn't purely about skill, it's about the amount of active time spent, with the ability to buff yourself, and break the will of other players so that they don't hit back. Most ladders don't have competition because there is really no incentive for the competition, and it's possible to work out deals, within your guild or within PVP ladders, to oust certain opponents and then not hit each other. 

Bounty Board - Problem where people are being bountied for soft-clears I'm guessing?

If you make these changes, sure there are more players who mention they may stray to the bounty board to hunt. Problem that will arise from this, more players taking the few bounties on the board now = many players bountied for not completing a bounty, but trying to do so. They get to 5,6,7 10-stam hits, it's completed, and they find themselves on the board.The complaints will then start creeping in. Either way - removing the expiration limit, would probably help some of the problem that have been found in the community recently. However, the bigger problem to focus on is this - why the bounty board is completely dead. Fix that, and it will allow more people to learn the aspect of the game.

And to reiterate - great work on cracking down on the titans.

Edited by Kedyn, 27 March 2014 - 14:03.

#145 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:00

Current bounty activity - 3 bounties. 2 on the same dude. Last night there was zero for a long time.

Will no bountying the BH increase board activity? Dunno.

Can it decrease board activity? Doesn't seem like it.

I have a complex proposal, but I'll stick with the simple one. No bounty on the BH. Reopen smasher medal.

Increased bounties through smashing, increased new participation on board by newbs due to BH being protected. We have more PvP protection now - give everyone a week, or even a month to be ready before re-opening the smasher medal and see what happens. Or make smasher medal open as an event occasionally to test the waters.

I doubt this will happen as open smasher was so unpopular first time. If people are threatening to leave over a further nerf of PvP then you know more will threaten to leave over an opened smasher.

And much is being made of the deviation from the road map. The titan issue is dealing with a cheat - and should get immediately addressed when noticed. The ladder hits thing has been on the roadmap forever and is due. (their dates are rather notional after all ) I'm guessing the boys and girls at HCS central have also noticed the dead BB and thought "Why not do two birds with one stone? we're going to be altering the ladder hits - why not address an aspect of the BB while we are there?" No need for conspiracies.

Later.

Edited by Belaric, 27 March 2014 - 14:01.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#146 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:00

I feel this is wrong. If someone uses 10x100 stams to clear my bounty then i want to watch him/her lose levels. And having a higher level player(usually in my case 1200+) clearing a bounty hundreds of levels below them with no buffs doesnt make you an "awesome" bounty hunter....it makes you able to beat someone lower level than yourself....(sorry if this offends any BH'rs but a awesome BH'r is one who battles thru the buffs/activations/deflects and still beats another hunter)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how someone cleared a bounty, it just comes down to who cleared it.

I don't really care how the bounty system goes down. It either allows counter bountying which will increase the amount of bounties on the board or it doesn't and the bountied players get their punishment and be on their way. Sure, it is annoying to be counter bounties after clearing someone with 10 stamina hits, but it is not that big of a problem.

With the introduction of the smasher medal and having it restricted to the board and ladder, 100 stamina hits have been encouraged there, so why change anything now to effect that encouragement?

#147 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:05

Reopen smasher medal.

I think this, while also causing some uprest among those who are purely against PVP, will open up for more bounties, which will possibly bring more players into the game.

I just don't see how removing the risk of bounty hunting has any effect on that part of the game. Those who don't mind the risk will bounty hunt, and those who do, won't. I've been bountied for 10-stam clearing someone, and I made sure the next few times I've seen them they received 100s - they got the idea pretty quickly. It is a pretty self-policing system, for the most part I believe. 

#148 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:08

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how someone cleared a bounty, it just comes down to who cleared it.

I don't really care how the bounty system goes down. It either allows counter bountying which will increase the amount of bounties on the board or it doesn't and the bountied players get their punishment and be on their way. Sure, it is annoying to be counter bounties after clearing someone with 10 stamina hits, but it is not that big of a problem.

With the introduction of the smasher medal and having it restricted to the board and ladder, 100 stamina hits have been encouraged there, so why change anything now to effect that encouragement?

but removing the fear of being smashed will result in EVERY bounty being 100 stam'd. why would you not with no fear of being hit yourself(a lot of bh'rs i know do not openly pvp so would NEVER see the BB)

#149 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:09

*edit-stupid new forum dbl posts

Edited by DomCorvis, 27 March 2014 - 14:10.

#150 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:13

Should have a Medal for staying on BB the longest.. should kind of make things interesting??

#151 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Bounties should not expire, at least not unless they have been up for a silly amount of time like 10 days+ the main thing that put me off bounty hunting was getting abuse from people after clearing them with 10 stams because they were counting on their bounty being left to expire. It seems a fairly pointless system if posted players can get on and off the board with no loss, especially when that seems to have become the most commonly expected outcome.

Normal PvP hits are unable to be bountied after 48 hours ( expire) The aceptance of a bounty is unable to be counter bountied after 48 hours.(expire)

Whats wrong with a placed bounty expiring?The only reason I see some ( not many) expire is that no one wants to sit down and put the effort into clearing them. It's not always *easy* clearing a bounty.

Many used to wait for a player to log off, unbuffed etc, to attempt a clear. Now with the current 48 hours expiring, most bounties *stay* buffed. It's challenging clearing a buffed opponent. Don't change that

@ HCS:

ANY hit, deflect, 10 - 100 stam, even a LOSS can be bountied and punished.

As for not allowing counter bounties on 10 stam bounties hits, well then fine, do it. Then watch as 40+ players all 10 stam a bounty to delevel it with NO risk of a counter bounty.

If you continue with the thought process of making pvp more one sided, to coddle players, you're going to find the game one sided as well. HCS, and no one else.

Edited by Maehdros, 27 March 2014 - 14:14.

#152 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

but removing the fear of being smashed will result in EVERY bounty being 100 stam'd. why would you not with no fear of being hit yourself(a lot of bh'rs i know do not openly pvp so would NEVER see the BB)

Fear? No. It's a punishment to be on the board and that punishment can be from 10 stamina hits to 100 stamina hits.

Besides, stamina is free so it is easy enough to relevel back to the former level that had after my bounty is cleared.

#153 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:16

Fear? No. It's a punishment to be on the board and that punishment can be from 10 stamina hits to 100 stamina hits.

Besides, stamina is free so it is easy enough to relevel back to the former level that had after my bounty is cleared.

so the usual 20%-500% of a level should be come 200%-500% is what you're saying? for taking at most 11% of a lvl?

*edit-mind you i dont care about being smashed...happens quite often...and then they lose 5. It's the way the game works....most understand this..,.others do not...but as you say...we all dust ourselves off and move on

Edited by DomCorvis, 27 March 2014 - 14:17.

#154 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:18

so the usual 20%-500% of a level should be come 200%-500% is what you're saying? for taking at most 11% of a lvl?

It would still be 20-500%. People do have the choice of using any amount of stamina when clearing bounties.

And for the record, I did say that either way this goes down, I would be for it.

#155 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:18

and real life anaolgy time

Bounty hunter in real life can Arrest you but they must follow the law. If they break the law they themselves are then punished by you guessed it...the law...

#156 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:20

Hello! :D

Yes, I think bounty hunters not being bountied is an excellent idea :wub: .  Honestly though:

1.  Current system is fine

2.  Bounty hunters cannot be bountied will probably kill PvP in the game.  So bad, I kind of feel sorry for them PvPers.

3.  If no-bounty on bounty hunters is implemented, expect to see majar >@"> maintaining law and order.  Sounds like great fun!

4.  I theorize that the game will become much more law abiding, and that lower level players will now find some peace during hunts and facilitate alot of leveling.

Regards

majar (super avian champ behemoth rad ion titan)

>@">

#157 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:20

and real life anaolgy time

Bounty hunter in real life can Arrest you but they must follow the law. If they break the law they themselves are then punished by you guessed it...the law...

And the arrested person cannot arrest back. Plus the game rules allow 10-100 stamina hits.

#158 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:33

we can argue all day but the simple fact is cows will do what they want....i see this being the final update for me and many pvp'r if this becomes implemented. I've seen 1 well respected pvp'r already say his goodbye if this happens and i will probably follow suit.

#159 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:42

And the arrested person cannot arrest back. Plus the game rules allow 10-100 stamina hits.

No but they can sue it if comes to illegal activty by the bounty hunter. Monetary loss is still a loss. 

#160 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:56

I usually have an optimistic view on things, but unfortunately, I cannot put one on the outlook that Grim has taken on this. 

The bounty board, in most ways, is a self-policing part of the game in terms of bounty hunters being bountied. Outside of the idea that bounties are to expire and someone is dropped 5 (which has happened even when there are 12+ hours left on bounties that I've seen). If you remove the expiration from the bounties, then it will go back to the olden days where usually if you clear with 10 stams, then you won't get bountied, unless you've made enemies (and they're looking for bounties on you). Outside of expiring bounties, if you clear someone with 10 stams and get bountied, then you make sure to throw 100s next time - it's not difficult and it gets the message across. There is no reason to adjust the community roadmap for this proposition on a part of the game that is dead because of lack of activity on the PVP side rather than "bounty hunters crying foul". 

As this is not on the roadmap, and you've made it very clear "we are sticking to the roadmap. if it's not on there, it won't get listened to." - then please stick to the roadmap and put this on the end if that's the case. Put this one in the pocket and let it be voted on next time.

I wish it was that simple. The problem is, certain guilds have more involved players than others. Some guilds are happy to participate in a de-level party and can easily gather the required players to do so in a timely manner. Other guilds would rather stay out of it. If I was dishonorably deleveld, my choice is to 100 stam them or just leave it be. If I do a retaliatory 100 stam attack, then you can bet another delevel party is in store for me. If I place everybody that participated in my delevel on the BB, you can bet they will be 10 stamina cleared by their own friends that are eagerly awaiting, getting MY reward money and only losing a fraction of the same xp that I lost. FAR from retaliation.

So I ask you this, how can a person get their retaliation after being deleveled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: