Photo

Can we make the ladder more interesting Please?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:25

I have a simple request for the ladder that would not change a lot of the dynamics other then make it more fun and competitive.

Instead of only allowing 1 hit per hour, allow attackers on the ladder to attack with up to 100 stamina per hour.

What I am suggesting for the ladder only is the ability to hit more then once an hour (up to 10 times in a hour if you use 10 stam for each attack)

-Each hour's attacks would amount to 1 bounty per hour
-Players would have the choice of using all 100 stam in 1 attack or doing up to 10 attacks with 10 stamina.
-This would allow more interaction amoung ladder participants
-keep players around for more then a few mins an hour
-Keep the timing of attacks similar to the bounty board where you need to at least wait 2 mins per attack
-the 100 stamina allowance resets 1 hour from the initial attack.

I am just looking for a way to make the ladder more interactive then once an hour and make the game more fun, so constructive feedback is welcome.

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:29

I have a simple request for the ladder that would not change a lot of the dynamics other then make it more fun and competitive.

Instead of only allowing 1 hit per hour, allow attackers on the ladder to attack with up to 100 stamina per hour.

What I am suggesting for the ladder only is the ability to hit more then once an hour (up to 10 times in a hour if you use 10 stam for each attack)

-Each hour's attacks would amount to 1 bounty per hour
-Players would have the choice of using all 100 stam in 1 attack or doing up to 10 attacks with 10 stamina.
-This would allow more interaction amoung ladder participants
-keep players around for more then a few mins an hour
-Keep the timing of attacks similar to the bounty board where you need to at least wait 2 mins per attack
-the 100 stamina allowance resets 1 hour from the initial attack.

I am just looking for a way to make the ladder more interactive then once an hour and make the game more fun, so constructive feedback is welcome.

On the face of it, I see nothing wrong with this proposal for those that love the (flawed) ladder. But, "Each hour's attacks would amount to 1 bounty per hour" flies in the face of the "1 hit, 1 bounty" rule, if you split the hits into 10 x 10 stams..

That being said, I STILL fail to understand why ladder attacks are bountyable in the first place ..

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:51

Not sure what the difference would be in 10 hits vs. 1 hit. Its still 100 stamina with relatively the same amount of experience lost.

#4 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:55

You can actually gain 50 rating transfer by hitting at less than 100 stamina, therefore using what Leo suggests would mean you could gain more than 50 rating each hour.

+1 from me for the idea

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:58

You can actually gain 50 rating transfer by hitting at less than 100 stamina, therefore using what Leo suggest would mean you could gain more than 50 rating each hour.

+1 from me for the idea

Good point, would make the ladder a lot more active if the rating was continually getting moved around.

+1 from me, but could use some more to this idea.

#6 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 21:02

You can actually gain 50 rating transfer by hitting at less than 100 stamina, therefore using what Leo suggests would mean you could gain more than 50 rating each hour.

+1 from me for the idea

That is part of it, the main premise behind my idea though is to allow more back and forth hitting and defending. i.e more in game interaction among participants

#7 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2013 - 21:03

Online, sure, swinging for the fences back and forth. Lots of fun.

Offline, not so much fun, logging on to see deflect didnt do squat, and you got hit 60 times ( 6 hours x 10 hits) offline. bye bye rating.

alot of pros and cons to this. ( just my two cents )

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 21:06

I still think there is the issue of bountying ladder hits.

My thoughts: Implement this idea of 10 hits an hour and eliminate the bounty option on ladder hits.

#9 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:29

More hits per hour,even if they are not 100 stam ones,does sound like something that could potentially increase activity...at least for some time.
+ It would annoy those who rely on deflect to save them...sounds fun actually...

As for bounties on the ladder-I don't see why that is a problem.
Every hit should be a "risk"...that part is the only thing that actually works in PvP(in theory).

#10 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:16

yeah.. interesting.. I'd have a go ;)

#11 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:34

The ladder is already ... most active = win. that would just make it worse for those trying ladder out for a first time. so No.

Also, remove bountying on ladder hits. you opted in to smash and get smashed. bountying defeats the purpose of a ladder.

#12 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:01

The ladder is already ... most active = win. that would just make it worse for those trying ladder out for a first time. so No.

Also, remove bountying on ladder hits. you opted in to smash and get smashed. bountying defeats the purpose of a ladder.

+1

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#13 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:21

More hits per hour,even if they are not 100 stam ones,does sound like something that could potentially increase activity...at least for some time.
+ It would annoy those who rely on deflect to save them...sounds fun actually...

As for bounties on the ladder-I don't see why that is a problem.
Every hit should be a "risk"...that part is the only thing that actually works in PvP(in theory).

Ok, as i agree that every swing in PvP should contain risk, on the ladder it is different in my opinion. Open world pvp, yes you should get bountied, because you are usually hitting someone; offline, hunting, unbuffed, unaware, unprepared, blah, blah, blah. When you opt into the ladder, you KNOW your going to get hit, you VOLUNTEER to get hit, if your UNPREPARED to defend, shame on you. Bounties should not exist on the ladder, for the previously stated reasons.

But onto the OP topic, this could make the ladder a lot more active, especially down at the lower levels where they actually have more than 4 people opted in. but since your doing a whole hour with ten hits why not just devide the time between each evenly and say 6 minutes between attacks and call that the system? unless of course you use your full 100 stam in one go.

#14 EvilTrace

EvilTrace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18

Makes me want to lvl up so I can smack you guys around...That would make it more interesting :P

#15 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:22

Interesting Idea :)
even you get your rating farmed while offline you can return it quick when you gets on!

#16 killrclown

killrclown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2013 - 15:28

There is a good chance I would be around 0 pvp rating after a day on the ladder. Maybe some sort of experience loss cap. You could easily just have your ladder de-level the crap out of you. Therefore bypassing the bounty board for de-leveling. Then the bounty hunters will get no love.

+1 Good idea for up to 100 stamina per hour expended for ladder hits.

-1 Deleveling scam possibility

-1 Bounty Hunting decrease

+2 For possibility that I could the de-leveling scam to my benefit at content.

#17 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 March 2013 - 16:44

Online, sure, swinging for the fences back and forth. Lots of fun.

Offline, not so much fun, logging on to see deflect didnt do squat, and you got hit 60 times ( 6 hours x 10 hits) offline. bye bye rating.

alot of pros and cons to this. ( just my two cents )

Deflect not doing anything? That happens? :lol:

(And who uses deflect anyway? :wink: )

There is a good chance I would be around 0 pvp rating after a day on the ladder. Maybe some sort of experience loss cap. You could easily just have your ladder de-level the crap out of you. Therefore bypassing the bounty board for de-leveling. Then the bounty hunters will get no love.

Unless it's changed since the old days, eventually the rating different between the hitter and defender would be so large that no rating would be exchanged.

#18 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:18

LOL...I'd say the ability to bounty a Ladder hit has far superseded the "possibility" of a deleveling scam.

You bounty 10 ladder hits on the same guy, take 6 hitters,(not needed but just a quote) post one at a time, it would take each hitter less than 600 stam to rip 50 levels of that guy. Gear to be competitive in your current pvp ladder band has to get harder to come by.

And, what's the guy who lost 50 levels to do? Save stam to regain lost levels, or hit back at a continued risk of potentially losing 5 more each hit?

It's too easy to dominate a band if a motivated guild really wanted to.

The larger the guild, the more potential for abuse there. I'm just shocked it's not already happening more.

Remove being able to bounty a hit, and it's just smashing each other, aside from multiple pvpers within a set band joining the same one, the problem is solved itself nearly.

Bountying a Ladder Hit was the worst decision ever implemented in this game as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather see a dead Bounty Board then one filled with asinine Ladder Bounty drama.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:42

You bounty 10 ladder hits on the same guy, take 6 hitters,(not needed but just a quote) post one at a time, it would take each hitter less than 600 stam to rip 50 levels of that guy. Gear to be competitive in your current pvp ladder band has to get harder to come by.

Takes roughly 27 - 29 hits to drop a bounty 5 levels. With 6 people thats roughly *rounded up* 500 stam *each* per bounty. ( not including buffs, losses etc)

Multiply that by 10 bounties ( to rip 50 levels) and each player ( based on 6 hitters) spends roughly 5000 stamina ( again, before buffs and lost hits) to drop someone 50 levels.

5000 is alot different then 600 ( just had to correct ya on that one bud, no offense intended)

#20 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:03

Much obliged Wabbit.

I most certainly had my thumb up my derriere and my head in Arkansas on that one.

The numbers we're off yes, but the principal remains.

Sub that 6 for 12, or 18 even...

Anyway, I had it in my head one hitter would burn an average of 600 stam for a delevel.

The train wrecked somewhere between my thought and finger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: