12 replies to this topic

#1 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:50

Making the champions respawn when they are killed, killing 8 of them and waiting forever for more to appear isnt working well especially at lower levels where we arent treated to mutiple frags per drop :(

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:03

time to start using the Animal Magnetism potions and Reckoning ;)

#3 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:05

It was with Rec and AM going. The problem was (and nobody else was in the realm) once I cleared all the champs they didnt respawn. I had to wait out almost a full BMed FI pot before I found any again.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:05

Making the champions respawn when they are killed, killing 8 of them and waiting forever for more to appear isnt working well especially at lower levels where we arent treated to mutiple frags per drop :(

Can't believe that, despite BG saying let it go, you're STILL whining about the number of frags gained per drop ... 

As JEDI says, use a big AM and reckoning..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:30

not sure if you are aware, but most mobs from 100 to 200 will drop rares. the commons are all sold in shops. Furthermore the 130 creature manticore drops rares and uniques. I spent a couple of hours tonight on manticore, because it best fitted what I needed frags from.

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:34

not sure if you are aware, but most mobs from 100 to 200 will drop rares. the commons are all sold in shops. Furthermore the 130 creature manticore drops rares and uniques. I spent a couple of hours tonight on manticore, because it best fitted what I needed frags from.

I was,,, I was hoping to get one a bit higher leveled and take advantage of the limited bonus ill get for being a slacker that still is over 300 :)

Im gonna take Pards suggestion and hit natives tomorrow

OH and ABC's suggestion for buffs that help for fragging like ext, inv and inv2 help inventing are great ideas too!!!

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:52

I was catching up on old quests and one of them required me to kill a bunch of champions. They were re spawning like champs. I was able to fill my quota in minutes covering the map around 4-5x. I'm thinking there is no respawn issue but will keep an eye out as I continue to complete old quests

#8 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:48

I was catching up on old quests and one of them required me to kill a bunch of champions. They were re spawning like champs. I was able to fill my quota in minutes covering the map around 4-5x. I'm thinking there is no respawn issue but will keep an eye out as I continue to complete old quests

hmm which one was it do you recall?

I was hunting kev the druid in lezwar and dwarven axemen or something like that in melsuar and after clearing the area of champions none appeared in the 2nd sweep for both places. Ripple also hunted champs today and got the same with some guy in azalore.

But after spending 350 or so stam natives clearly are a good place to find rares and this isnt as much of an issue as I had thought :) might be nice to see if champs arent spawning or whatever but its not the only option or the most efficient so really this was my own ignorance that created this and not really badly needed now thanks.

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:01

I'm glad it worked out! But I would be peeved as I work through my quests and discover that my target wasn't spawning. I can't remember what I was after exactly but it was low level (40ish or so). I will keep track next time I am told to kill x champs:)

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:44

Being over level 300 is of no benefit.

1 - 100 gets 1 frag

101 - 400 gets 2

401 - 900 gets 3

901 - 1600 gets 4

1601 - ??? gets 5...

Go and farm mud monsters (129) or manticores (130) Grendel.

(I think those level numbers are correct)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:33

thats it.

While I have had nice help in finding alternatives to hunting champs for rares I can imagine it would be something to look into in cases where someone didnt want to move, wanted to hit champs in their level, wanted the gear set (one of them Ripple hunted was dreg minions for lustravias set and they also werent spawning by the time she cleared the area in fact she cleared the area of champs and ran through it again finding none :( ) or that EoC relevel thing. 

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:49

Removed a whole bunch of pointless bickering.

Try to keep this civil and help each other instead of back biting.

As to the original question of the thread, I'l pretty sure most Champions are NOT auto spawn. If so, it'll take time to hunt them and Animal Magnetism will not work. I'll have a look.

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:46

Thanks,, especially ones thats gear makes a set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: