• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 18:37

Since the update lag is back. Well worse than before. Also ships are disappearing and have to restart the game.

#2 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2018 - 18:58

Thanks for reporting this the team are looking at deploying a fix later this week, can you be more specific with actions which are causing you lag?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#3 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 19:02

When sending ships out after 5 or so the next will get stuck at the deploy page.

#4 Santa Claws

Santa Claws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:32

Have the same problem as well. Can be first ship or last. It’s random. Need to close app and restart. Using iOS.

#5 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:55

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and thanks for the information guys! :) It's been passed onto the team.

#6 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:30

Also had a bug appear on top of a contest ship and cause the ship to stop contesting and return to base.

#7 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:30

Also had a bug appear on top of a contest ship and cause the ship to stop contesting and return to base.

not a bug,this can actually happen,just rarely 

#8 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:09

I'll check this up and see if anything's been changed.  ^_^

Update: It's been fixed now. Thanks for making us aware JGib!

#9 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:45

Also while upgrading my alliance OP I get kicked out of the game.

#10 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:49

Also while upgrading my alliance OP I get kicked out of the game.

This should be fixed in our upcoming patch.  Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this!

#11 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:39

Thanks for reporting this the team are looking at deploying a fix later this week, can you be more specific with actions which are causing you lag?

Hi there

It's been more than a month. Assuming the fix was applied, it does not work.

The same problems still persist. It is worst during rush hours, during the weekend.

The game has to be restarted constantly, to work around those bugs.

Please fix.

Regards

#12 Santa Claws

Santa Claws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:10

A lot of lag. Have to restart the app on many occasions. Just get the spinning blue circle.

#13 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2018 - 14:37

Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional feedback!  Sorry to hear that there's still some connection issues in the game, particularly during peak times.

It is definitely something that we're looking into as a top priority, and if you have any specific information we could use to replicate these problems, we would really appreciate it! 

#14 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:35

Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional feedback!  Sorry to hear that there's still some connection issues in the game, particularly during peak times.

It is definitely something that we're looking into as a top priority, and if you have any specific information we could use to replicate these problems, we would really appreciate it! 

The Lag happens on all instances, when the game client needs to sync with the server.

Be it: Scroll on the map, deploy troops, Collect mission rewards, use time boosters and so on.

While the game client waits for a response from the server, the client often comes out of sync with the game server.

The longer the wait, the more likely, there is an "out of sync" issue.

When the game client is out of sync, wrong numbers are displayed to the player.

Here some examples, For the hero a wrong a mount of energy is displayed.

Transport ships that long have returned to the base, are still shown as "moving" by the game client,

typically these ships are stranded above a base or target, saying "calculating", in the info of it.

In short, the game server is not able to handle the requests in a timely manner.

A suggestion would be, to add some debugging to the server, to measure response times.

Another suggestion is, to reduce the load on the server. One of these is, to allowing players to use something like speeds ups / time boosts, in batches. Right now every use requires one click + 1 request to the server. With hundreds or thousands of speed ups used at once, this ends up being a lot of requests.

Regards

#15 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:36

Another suggestion is, to reduce the load on the server. One of these is, to allowing players to use something like speeds ups / time boosts, in batches. Right now every use requires one click + 1 request to the server. With hundreds or thousands of speed ups used at once, this ends up being a lot of requests.

Regards

i've said this time and time again,and knew that it would put much less strain on the servers,you have done it with invader/toxic boxes,apply it to all items!

Edited by INDeeDO, 11 July 2018 - 10:36.

#16 Terminers

Terminers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 00:45

I dont play much on android because after the last game update it freezes a lot. When pressed deploy button it freezes. That means sending 8 ships is restart game 8 times. Also the  blue circle is showing when scrolling on the map and is freezed.
When you trade resources and press deploy and game freezes, you loose the trade resources but it is not send to destination. I wasted many resources this way to nowhere.

Steam having game crashes and i think having a memory problem. When on the map, blue circle appears and all sectors (red, blue, yellow) are gone. All looks like green land. After restart is is fine again.

Facebook have crashes aswell and i see a lot disconnect dialogs.

When healing troops with shards, i get a alien signal and game is restarting.

When you leave the game open for a while on the map, all you see are a lot lines and stuck ships. After restart they are gone.

It can take up to a minute before the game is synced to all clients. If someone goes to a target, and have facebook, steam and android running, i see the destination lines appear in long lag. As i said, can take up to a minute before i see a line.

Steam, when you leave the game open for a while in Settings screen, my PC is freezing for a few seconds, then unfreezes and then again freezing for a few seconds, until i close the settings dialog.

Every game update brings more bugs.

#17 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2018 - 16:16

Hi guys,

Hi Zue.

Considering this has top priority, one might think this is more important

than a merge of regions, no?

The lag is so bad, it is on the verge, of rendering the game unplayable.

It has been a wait of 6+ weeks on a fix.

If you have any info, what is done about this, please share.

This is a matter of "top priority" after all...

Regards

Edit: Some spelling mistakes

Edited by Kildek, 22 July 2018 - 22:08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: