Photo

I really hope to see something like this in Eldevin!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:39

Hello, I play a Facebook game called "Shadow Fight". It's boring and not much player interaction at all but what keep me playing it is its boss system. I regard it as arena system, you have to defeat first boss got get an amount of quest item to challenge the second boss. Each boss also have a chance to drop its own weapon. I hope to see something like this ingame.

Like Sigmastorm2 and Fallen Sword, I also hope to see something that give player incentive to play daily. In SS2 and FS you get points automatically when you log on. For other games I have played, you can search a specific area for loot daily, it could be a well or ruin. In one game I played the ruin is situated in the center of battlefield. xD But there are also well in city center to throw coin in for luck and many other secret hiding area, there's also a magic wand. :) In the Facebook game I mentioned above also have a "Try your luck" thing daily, it's you roll a dice, one number means kill one enemy, if you kill all you get some money, after a threshold you get a weapon and the amount of money increase.

#2 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:28

We have an arena in Eldevin City which is set up both as a PVP arena and as a group PVE (Player Versus Environment) encounter. In the PVE mode you fight waves of creatures, mini bosses and boss creatures. It's not limited to daily use, you will likely find people grinding it for loot, money and experience in fact.

I quite like daily incentives too, and we are probably going to have daily quests as part of the end game. While characters are levelling up there really is no shortage of incentives and things to do, though I still agree that some daily incentives perhaps in and around the major cities would be compelling.
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#3 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:37

We have an arena in Eldevin City which is set up both as a PVP arena and as a group PVE (Player Versus Environment) encounter. In the PVE mode you fight waves of creatures, mini bosses and boss creatures. It's not limited to daily use, you will likely find people grinding it for loot, money and experience in fact.

I quite like daily incentives too, and we are probably going to have daily quests as part of the end game. While characters are levelling up there really is no shortage of incentives and things to do, though I still agree that some daily incentives perhaps in and around the major cities would be compelling.

Awesome! I like it! :D

#4 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:56

I got an idea. xD

When repairing equipment, we need to go to Blacksmith NPC and leave them there for an amount of time, probably a few minutes, for Blacksmith to fix it. Therefore, the more the player needs to repair, the longer you have to queue. So it is possible going to take a few hours to repair an equipment! xD Some player may also travel to a nearby town to find another Blackmith if the queue is too long. But sometimes, during event or randomly, you can get special cut down waiting time so you can get your equipment repaired faster. You can check the NPC regularly to see if his work is done (If this is too stressful, make a message appear that yhis/her equipment is repaired :)). Then, they will have to go back to retrieve their equipment. Castle owners can have their own personal Royal Blacksmith so they have advantage, they can also choose option to allow their citizen players to use the Royal Blacksmith.

#5 Kukica

Kukica

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 15:33

Why do so many people want limitations?To wait for blacksmith to repair equipment?I mean come on,i thought this is an mmorpg and not a text based game where you have to wait for everything.The only limitation i would agree would be with reputation,at lower and medium lvls make it a repeatable and at higher lvls make it a daily quest and if at higher lvls there is some kind of "special" dungeon to make it so you can only do it like 3 to 5 times per day.I realy dont understand why do you people want limitations,let people who have lots of time to enjoy the game and you who dont play other browser games like Fallensword.Pfff,this casuals players,realy.

#6 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 15:56

Why do so many people want limitations?To wait for blacksmith to repair equipment?I mean come on,i thought this is an mmorpg and not a text based game where you have to wait for everything.The only limitation i would agree would be with reputation,at lower and medium lvls make it a repeatable and at higher lvls make it a daily quest and if at higher lvls there is some kind of "special" dungeon to make it so you can only do it like 3 to 5 times per day.I realy dont understand why do you people want limitations,let people who have lots of time to enjoy the game and you who dont play other browser games like Fallensword.Pfff,this casuals players,realy.

Hmm...I just want to make the game more realistic and interesting. While the Blacksmith is still fixing your equipments, you can talk with the NPC to learn more about the game or hang around, chat with players. I'm sure that you can find backup equipment to hunt during that time. This might also limit the use of very powerful gear. This might also add story element. For example there's a war in location B but you must wait until your sword is ready before you rush there. I think this will be a new feature for MMORPG. Anyway, it's just an idea. :)

Alright, maybe this is a bad idea.

#7 Crasken

Crasken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 20:03

Having blacksmiths in towns for gear repairing would be nice add. In most MMOs equipment either doesn't have durability or it can be magically instantly repaired in a middle of wilderness for a cost of a few gold pieces.. Making game more realistic isn't a bad thing and I wouldn't call this idea as a limitation if you have to wait a few minutes after every 3 hours or so intensive combat.

Probably many of us thinks that waiting for things like gear repair is just irritating but making the process so that player actually has to travel to nearby town and find a blacksmith really gives realistic touch and I would like that.

#8 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2012 - 20:46

Yeah, it's always a back and forth between keeping the game 'realistic' and keeping it interesting and fun.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#9 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:31

Making game more realistic isn't a bad thing and I wouldn't call this idea as a limitation if you have to wait a few minutes after every 3 hours or so intensive combat.

But it's not realistic to say your sword would be broken and require a black smith after 3 hours of combat. They would have been sharpened in the field with a whetstone and rarely broke. I'm not a fan of realism in games such as this anyway, it comes with far too many restrictions.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#10 Kukica

Kukica

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:06

I love you HCS <3

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: