51 replies to this topic

#41 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 15:46

I agree please do not adjust the combat system especially not for PvP.

Finding a way around someone's setup and buffs is the challenge of any combat. Please don't make changes to something that works just fine.

What would be the downside to just not having a limit to the number of rounds in a combat? One way or another there will be a winner. Just a thought. :)

#42 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 17:11

Anything to make it easier. SMH    Just make sure to change it for everything pvp related.  A gvg player might think this only effects them, but it also affects the ladder, the board, and straight pvp.  It changes the outcome in many areas of the game. Why not just change the attack button to a win button already?

#43 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 22:45

Hey there.

It's pretty much as simple as this.

Did your attack succeed? No? Then your attack failed. A draw still means you failed to beat your opponent.

~ Grim

you are right BigGrim

in past this question was asked and hoofmaster saying same thing: attacker getting winning score when he winning battle, attacker having advantage over defending and can choosing time, buffs and setups but defender can not, that why unresolved is counting as not winning score

#44 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:05

you are right BigGrim

in past this question was asked and hoofmaster saying same thing: attacker getting winning score when he winning battle, attacker having advantage over defending and can choosing time, buffs and setups but defender can not, that why unresolved is counting as not winning score

My suggestion was for gvg only. This same type of unresolved combat happened a lot in the arena and that's why it was changed and the fatigue system was implemented to ensure there was a winner.

#45 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:48

My suggestion was for gvg only. This same type of unresolved combat happened a lot in the arena and that's why it was changed and the fatigue system was implemented to ensure there was a winner.

in arena both players knowing they will have combat and they changing to pvp setups, they having same chance that why can doing fatigue system

but in gvg only attacker knowing that there will be combat, attacker having advantage and defender is at disadvantage, attacker can choosing setups and buffs but defender (offline) can not

now with composing cowards who using composing against buffs 175 have it easier and if you taking away unresolved then more disadvantage to defender

if attacker who having big advantage against deffender failing to winning combat then attacker not getting winning score, that what I thinking

Edited by kitobas, 10 May 2016 - 01:58.

#46 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2016 - 00:05

in arena both players knowing they will have combat and they changing to pvp setups, they having same chance that why can doing fatigue system

but in gvg only attacker knowing that there will be combat, attacker having advantage and defender is at disadvantage, attacker can choosing setups and buffs but defender (offline) can not

now with composing cowards who using composing against buffs 175 have it easier and if you taking away unresolved then more disadvantage to defender

if attacker who having big advantage against deffender failing to winning combat then attacker not getting winning score, that what I thinking

The defender has an advantage, it's called the 2% rule. It happens a lot. I've had it happen to me plenty of times, and it's happened to my opponents plenty of times as well. I've been beaten by people who were not buffed plenty of times, and I have also beaten people not buffed and offline plenty of times.

As it has been stated many, many times before, if you want to make yourself less of a target, stop going offline in stamina gear. Granted you will still be attacked regardless, but the chances of being attacked decrease when the risk of losing is higher. And as long as you provide basic level 175 buffs to someone who actually wears an offline setup, their chances of beating the attacker actually increase a lot and they won't have to rely on the 2% rule kicking in or not.

With regards to the arena, yeah it's setup vs. setup. But at the same time it also depends on what type of arena you are entering. You may not be new and not have any combat moves while your opponent has them all. Your gear may not be perfect and fully forged while your opponents is.

#47 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 18:48

Anything to make it easier. SMH

Shaking my head too! Had to look that one up, lol.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#48 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 00:13

The reason fatigue was introduced to the arena was because people hated losing by judges decision without reason or explanation. There were no tie matches, just the computer randomly picking a winner for the battle. Nobody liked it, and rightfully so, but the same does not apply to pvp outside the arena. You win or you don't. Simple.

Screenshot everything!

#49 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 00:47

Shaking my head too! Had to look that one up, lol.

I have teenagers. They teach me bad habits like text speak I don't even realize I'm using anymore.  :P

The reason fatigue was introduced to the arena was because people hated losing by judges decision without reason or explanation. There were no tie matches, just the computer randomly picking a winner for the battle. Nobody liked it, and rightfully so, but the same does not apply to pvp outside the arena. You win or you don't. Simple.

I said the same thing, but apparently it isn't that simple. I blame the teenagers for this as well. Not sure yet how it is their fault, but it must be!

#50 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 21:47

The defender has an advantage, it's called the 2% rule. It happens a lot. I've had it happen to me plenty of times, and it's happened to my opponents plenty of times as well. I've been beaten by people who were not buffed plenty of times, and I have also beaten people not buffed and offline plenty of times.

As it has been stated many, many times before, if you want to make yourself less of a target, stop going offline in stamina gear. Granted you will still be attacked regardless, but the chances of being attacked decrease when the risk of losing is higher. And as long as you provide basic level 175 buffs to someone who actually wears an offline setup, their chances of beating the attacker actually increase a lot and they won't have to rely on the 2% rule kicking in or not.

bro, that not right, defender having not advantage, I already explaining to you why attacker having advantage, please reading my posting here and 2% rule can activating for defender and attacker, it is game mechanics and not mattering if you attacker or defender, 2% rule is same for attacker and defender

Granted you will still be attacked regardless, but the chances of being attacked decrease when the risk of losing is higher. And as long as you provide basic level 175 buffs to someone who actually wears an offline setup, their chances of beating the attacker actually increase a lot and they won't have to rely on the 2% rule kicking in or not.

have you trying crazy high composing?

if attacker using crazy high composing like coward then defender who offline in pvp setup and getting buffs 175 from guild having no chance

if you not believing then start gvg and use crazy high composing and look at your crazy stats, defender will having no chance against you

very good posting, I agreeing

Edited by kitobas, 13 May 2016 - 21:47.

#51 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 23:01

Strong global chests with pvp buffs available almost every month would have the same impact as composing if it keep up the way it is even if we didn't had composing ... composing speed up that process global chests started on pvp... by now only solution would be it making them [all strong pots/chests and on] PvE only.

Edited by Kbyte, 13 May 2016 - 23:05.

#52 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:38

bro, that not right, defender having not advantage, I already explaining to you why attacker having advantage, please reading my posting here and 2% rule can activating for defender and attacker, it is game mechanics and not mattering if you attacker or defender, 2% rule is same for attacker and defender

You clearly have no idea how to pvp. I've beaten people with high level composing buffs, epic pots while using basic buffs from my skill tree and basic non forged armor or defense setups. You sound like one of those people who cry because you get attacked while you're offline in stamina gear because putting together a basic armor or defense set is something you refuse to do.

So what I'll make a suggestion then:

No buffs or potions are allowed to be used by anyone in any aspect of the game where you are allowed to be attacked by another player. Sound fair enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: