Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:30

Hi there Everyone.

We have the following coming to the game in the next week.

New content.

If all goes to plan, we'll be releasing new content from level 1451 to 1460 early tomorrow.

Global Event.

We have a Global Event lined up to go live on either Monday the 30th or Tuesday the 31st of July.

We have added a poll asking if any kills made with Doubler active should count towards the Community Total. For example a kill made with Doubler 50 would count as two kills.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:50

Woot! I am looking forward to the event:) I'll be at full stam Monday, great timing.

#3 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:55

I agree with Scrogger, and let this be said, "It was announced in a timely fashion." So there should be no complaints... errr... that is, learned observations.

#4 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:05

There will always be complaints... this is a complaining group!

as for the Global event, I hope you guys let doubler work for creature kill counts in the event! or a suitable replacement potion!

#5 fs_icefira

fs_icefira
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:09

sounds good ill be saving my stam :)

#6 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:30

There will always be complaints... this is a complaining group!

as for the Global event, I hope you guys let doubler work for creature kill counts in the event! or a suitable replacement potion!

I don't think doubler should count at all, it will than become only who has the most stam and not determination. A player with 50k stam using a 1200 doubler would blow everyone else away, a player with 2k stam would have no chance whereas currently if they log on enough and fight it out they do.

#7 VEGNA

VEGNA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:32

Is it a new event with new critters and new rewards ? or an existing one ? :)

#8 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 13:15

So we will use 1500 sets in about 2 months

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 13:22

I hope you guys let doubler work for creature kill counts in the event!

I do not believe it should. One kill should count as one point. These are community events, not 'who can afford the best doubler'.

Is it a new event with new critters and new rewards ? or an existing one ? :)

This is a new event with new rewards.

So we will use 1500 sets in about 2 months

And? Players asked for sets that you can level up too. That is what I have made. Would you rather we hadn't?

#10 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 13:27

I think most of the EOC'ers were looking for a surprise 50 level content release.

And yes, we would be theoretically leveling up into the new gear.

I do appreciate the hard effort of releasing content and a global. :wink:

Now I just have to see if the wife's laptop is up to the task of the global event while on vacation 8)

#11 slim

slim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 14:08

Great News!!!!
I need to sell my items to open backpack slots, I don't know how many rewards we will get. :mrgreen:
Posted Image

Nenhum obstáculo é tão grande se a sua vontade de vencer for maior.

#12 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:47

I hope it's like the first one where the creatures we were required to kill drop new items/sets.

That was the funnest global event of them all. :D

#13 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:01

New content.

If all goes to plan, we'll be releasing new content from level 1451 to 1460 early tomorrow.

Thanks so much. Glad to see new content. :)

Edit: Any chance we will see an offer on purchasing FSP before these events are started? Just a thought. :P

#14 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:18

I do not believe it should. One kill should count as one point. These are community events, not 'who can afford the best doubler'.

I dont see how it would be 'who can afford the best doubler' it would be more about 'who has the most stam to donate to the event' and because its a global event... who cares? This isint a competition, its a global effort to get X kills. If a doubler helps people with more stamina donate their stamina to the cause then I think its a great idea. All that it does is gets more stamina out of the game (and more gold). It would help the community as a whole get to higher and higher scores and maybe even unlock the top reward for once!

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:28

If a doubler helps people with more stamina donate their stamina to the cause then I think its a great idea.

Fair enough. Let's see what the Community thinks. I have added a poll to the thread.

#16 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:29

I don't think doubler should count at all, it will than become only who has the most stam and not determination. A player with 50k stam using a 1200 doubler would blow everyone else away, a player with 2k stam would have no chance whereas currently if they log on enough and fight it out they do.

it is a competition for the top spot, you want it, kill them 1 at a time not with huge doublers.

#17 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:33

love the idea of using doubler look at my stam i hate doing the global events cause they lag to hell and take forever if i can do more using doubler i would be inclined to do it.. and anyone saying no to this is a idiot because m,e using loads of my stam benefits you also as its global kills .. so anything that increases that has to be a good thing we all benefit

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:35

love the idea of using doubler look at my stam i hate doing the global events cause they lag to hell and take forever if i can do more using doubler i would be inclined to do it.. and anyone saying no to this is a idiot because m,e using loads of my stam benefits you also as its global kills .. so anything that increases that has to be a good thing we all benefit

Feedback appreciated but there is no reason to insult players who disagree with you.

#19 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:36

I dont see how it would be 'who can afford the best doubler' it would be more about 'who has the most stam to donate to the event' and because its a global event... who cares? This isint a competition, its a global effort to get X kills. If a doubler helps people with more stamina donate their stamina to the cause then I think its a great idea. All that it does is gets more stamina out of the game (and more gold). It would help the community as a whole get to higher and higher scores and maybe even unlock the top reward for once!

I agree, don't really see the downside

#20 fs_lameviktor

fs_lameviktor
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 16:37

If doublers count with the kills, then the required kills need to be increased to qualify and for each tier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: