#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2020 - 20:00

To ease the burden on creating new content so much and to allow developers to finish the FS app, why not introduce a new medal called "To EOC and back".

The idea is that new content would ease after the upcoming 2x event, so 4550 would be the temporary permanent level cap. However, a new medal "To EOC and back" would get introduced (honestly the medal name could be a lot better). You earn a medal tick when you have gone from level 1 to the current capped EOC of 4550. How many times for bronze, silver, gold, crystal, ruby, and diamond can be debated among players / staff. 

Each time you reach EOC again, you would have the option to go back to level 1 and earn a medal tick. Possibly earning a +8 epic recipe (epic would be bound) or other reward for exchanging to go back to level 1 (optional additional idea).

I think this would give value to leveling gear of all ranges again. Plus would give the option to players to play in whattever level range they wanted. If they get bored, they could level up to EOC, exchange for a medal tick, and level up to their desired range.

As a side point, I think the pvp range should be extended from +/- 10 to be more fluid based on level ranges. The lower the players level, the lower the pvp range. But as people level up, the pvp range should be extended .. just like it is in pvp ladder / gvgs.

Edited by Windbattle, 02 July 2020 - 20:16.

#2 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 20:32

I would be all for it, less discouraging for new players, old gear gets used again, thus goes up in value. Different level ranges get more active again.

The rewards for reaching EOC need to be good then, something you only can get by reaching it. Something like recipe's for +8 epics. That you can work on while going back to EOC again. And after that recipes to improve those epics or new ones.

Perhaps a few extra bonusses aswel, important is that is feels like an achievemnt and not like a punishment. (like feeling you throw years of gameplay away)

So that does need a good thought.

New composing pots/levels, stuff like that.

I know there will be a lot of players who won't like this, but then again, what is the difference between going onward to level 5001, or start anew at level 1 (with bonusses).

Basicly we have been doing the same thing for all those levels, it is just a number.

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 23:41

That idea was brought in the past, but when you reached EOC you'd be doing everything back again in the 'Dark Realms of Eldorath' or something like that, so the Mountain Path Rat would be lvl 4551 in this case...Or you would get a 'Prestige' counter for starting all over again.

I don't remember why it didn't go through, gonna try to find it and post here.

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 23:59

Didn't find the original post, but you can read Belaric's idea here:

https://forums.hunte...alm#entry811605

#5 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:09

Other than the reward recipe or item, you would just get a medal tick (which would be optional). Otherwise you could stay at EOC. I think a prestige counter or other leveling bonus would not be needed with the current potions that are out there.

To be honest, I feel the idea is different from Belaric's suggestion from 2013 since we are introducing a medal with it (something to earn long term and keep higher level players interested in leveling .. not an easy task). Although if time permits, some extra lore with why they needed to go back to level 1 again could be interesting. However, the point of my suggestion was to give the development team a break from having to come up with content / art work for new creatures / etc. and allow players to have something to do .. kind of a happy medium of sorts.

I also think adding some new guild achievements wouldn't be too hard to code and give people some more things to shoot for as a team.

Edited by Windbattle, 03 July 2020 - 01:15.

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:20

Yeah, but needs to be more to it than just a medal and an Epic, you'd be giving away on a lot of Titans, LE events (that are high level), contribuition to GXP, Gold from creatures, the buffs you're able to cast, Arenas you can join, gear/Epics you can wear, etc.

Honestly, I think the game has no way of keeping an infinite EOC like we're now, and we NEED something like that (maybe at lvl 4500 or 5000, a round number), and I think it should have been done at level 3000 (when the last buffs were added), but needs more work around.

Maybe when you reach EOC instead of going back to level 1 yourself, you can 'Ascend' in a temple or something and then you become 'level 1 (+4500)', and the mobs become '~Their level~ (+4500)' with a formula applying to their stats, gear the same thing...All based on a formula....So everything would be reusable...But I'm not sure if I'm missing some obvious problem, I might, I probably am.

#7 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 18:44

Thanks yghorb for digging up that old post of mine -boy did I go on there!

I think the idea about resetting to 0 in a altered begginning realm was suggested by Shardom back in the day, apologies if it was by someone else. I wasn't keen on it back then, but being given the option to reset and run through the game for a medal and some minor benefit might be fun. I think you make a good point about losing access to buffs and titans etc.. but that is what might make it interesting for long time players, and you know folk would do it at first just to race through the game and be the first to make the loop!

I still like my old idea of reusing old interesting areas and repurposing them into shadow realms, or challenges set by the shadow lord for the players, in the style of the trials of Hercules - maybe have new epic quests attached to then, hahahaha! It would be a nice way to reuse existing content and perhaps create ne SE or LE mobs to inhabit those realms, and/or they could be seasonal.

But all that would require developer time and effort. So the reset choice with medal and upgraded epic possibility sems something that could be done. I'd like to hear from the devs and see what they think of Windbattle's medal idea.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:18

the only thing that would stop players from starting all over from level 1 is the Protect XP upgrade. the xp you locked at whatever level you were at cant be lost.

Edited by Alisa, 05 July 2020 - 01:18.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2020 - 04:35

the only thing that would stop players from starting all over from level 1 is the Protect XP upgrade. the xp you locked at whatever level you were at cant be lost.

Upon resetting your character, you would unlock the ability to negate the protect XP upgrade. There would be several technical aspects that would need to be figured out for this idea to be plausible. I do think it would be fun to work through the set-ups again and maybe take some detours along the way. Or you could power through for medal progression. It opens up more play styles for EOC which is probably the largest block of active players right now. 

@yghorbeviahn, with EOC players having big stamina banks, I do think they could regain the first 2000 levels or so fairly quickly. So I don't think it would block out too much of the game to do a reset. Again, it would be optional choice to reset or not. You could stay at EOC and play like normal or be reincarnated and start again. 

Edited by Windbattle, 05 July 2020 - 04:39.

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:40

who does this benefit ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:35

who does this benefit ?

The game itself (I hope). No time to be spend on new levels and everything that comes with it. More time to improve the game and add things to the game.

Game economy improves as old gear gets used again.

Most important with this idea is that it rewards something, and/or unlocks something that will be interesting enough for players to do this.

Thus something like 9 epics that can only be worn when having the "to eoc and back" medal, and are ofcourse better than any other epic accessible to other players. But to keep incentive to play and level up again, do not give the epics itself but recipes. And the components for those recipes can be hunted as you go back up again.

More rewards could be added that work similar.

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:31

well old gear wont get used they will just grab it out of guild store {so no change to the eco at all }

all they need to do is add a lot more quests ,fix up the pvp ,arena ,ladder ,compos ,and gvg systems  and it would be fine ,if they are at eoc and dont want to do any of that stuff then sit there and watch stam grow 

remember its not just a leveling game 

somehow dont think we getting any epics over +7 

hunting for  parts ,well all they would do is leave 1 player at eoc they go back hunt all day get parts sell on ah and its all over

Edited by activeh1, 05 July 2020 - 11:34.

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:29

You could approach it differently aswel. Once you start over, you cannot use the old gear anymore. Unless you "EOC forge" it. By doing so it gets unusable by those who are not at EOC yet. That means the guild store needs more of the old sets.

If it is not just a levelling game we could also cap it and stop, still I think many would not want that, and I feel that there is little difference doing level 5001 or level 1 again.

And I agree with you that fixing things in game and perhaps adding new things is enough, but a EOC cap could free up more time to actually doing so.

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2020 - 15:47

well old gear wont get used they will just grab it out of guild store {so no change to the eco at all }

I reset myself back to level 254 and i bought most of the gears I needed for that level and everything else forward. not all guilds have the gears you need, plus its best having your own sets so no one recalls them. I hold on to my old and new gears for arena or different ladder levels.

players who reset will put the demand/value on the gears.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 17:06

If you really think it will be that great to drop to zero then nobody is stopping you from doing it now.  Why would a medal make so much difference in your decision?

Edited by yotekiller, 05 July 2020 - 17:06.

Screenshot everything!

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 July 2020 - 21:26

If you really think it will be that great to drop to zero then nobody is stopping you from doing it now.  Why would a medal make so much difference in your decision?

Yote you hit the nail right on the head there 

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:48

who does this benefit ?

For all the players at EOC that say they have huge stamina bank reserves and not enough content to keep up with my stamina. It solves that problem. Plus, it gives another medal to earn that is a unique idea. Its fairly hard to come up with a new spin on leveling up, but this is it.

@activeh1, your missing the point that most players are mostly levelers at this point. By adding this feature, it gives the developers more time to develop content / make fixes to the other areas of the game that you like gvg, pvp, arena, inventing, etc. Its a Win-Win for everyone.

Also the new recipe epics would be BOUND so no you can't just tag them for others to use in the guild store. Plus I could see making it a requirement that you have to be a certain level of medal to use certain epics. 

Again at the end of the day it would be optional if players wanted to reset or not, its MORE options. 

Edited by Windbattle, 10 July 2020 - 03:54.

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:53

For all the players at EOC that say they have huge stamina bank reserves and not enough content to keep up with my stamina. It solves that problem. Plus, it gives another medal to earn that is a unique idea. Its fairly hard to come up with a new spin on leveling up, but this is it.

As long as it's optional, I can't see what it would hurt.  I just don't know how it could benefit everybody.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#19 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:56

Please reread the original suggestion, you completely missed it. The point is not to go back to level 1 ONLY ... its to allow people to continually go back to EOC over and over again. I can think of many reasons why this would be a good idea. Do you have some constructive reasons for your decision or are you just flaming?

Edited by Windbattle, 10 July 2020 - 03:58.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:58

As long as it's optional, I can't see what it would hurt.  I just don't know how it could benefit everybody.

Why does it need to benefit everybody? Anytime they would make an improvement to an aspect of the game that someone doesn't use, that technically doesn't benefit everyone. 

For example, I know from previous posts that titan hunting just isn't your thing. Does that mean they shouldn't say add another titan to the game, cause it won't benefit everyone. I don't see merit in the argument.

Edited by Windbattle, 10 July 2020 - 04:01.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: