• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Removed51002

Removed51002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 13:26

Can we get a shout out for all the players that remember the legacy? That can remember the power of the doubler buff and the good old infernus and frostbite sets. The Emissaries were for the rich and frostbite for the poor. There were a time where there was no buff market. Dark days my friends but in guilds we managed by typing endlessly 'buffs plz' until an angel fills your log.

How many actives have hit double digits? Can i see some hands? :D i dont want to feel so old xD

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 18:05

when the game was a few months old. if you pause around you'll see the names of some old-timers

Edited by duktayp, 03 October 2017 - 18:09.

#3 1daboss

1daboss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2017 - 19:37

I've been around a while.  I remember paying a arm and a leg for the plague set but it was the bomb back then.   :P

#4 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:33

when the game was a few months old. if you pause around you'll see the names of some old-timers

The moment when you're (I'm) in a worse position than someone 10 years ago. RIP 

Edited by Shadow19231, 04 October 2017 - 01:34.

#5 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:23

The moment when you're (I'm) in a worse position than someone 10 years ago. RIP 

Azuk Almost went bankrupt , was the first player to 600 and vanished shortly after Cows even congratulated him on reaching 600 ...

#6 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:43

i've been here a while not all that active though :)

Edited by l0rdka0s, 04 October 2017 - 10:43.

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 00:17

Got my Decay Rune for 100 FSP.

People get upset now when they reach Xind. I remember not having the QH buff or Teleport. It's easy now.
  • Xed likes this

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 14:45

I was the proud recipient of the first keen edge and flinch buffs from Az....  Zizz is incorrect about his reasoning for leaving.  It was a personal real life issue. It was somebody else that left because he got broke.

Yeah, been here a while longer than some.  Me  and Hades share the same FS birthday I believe.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:38

x

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 19:47

So yeah... that "x" up there wasn't this time to mark the spot, but was a "ten", moving on to "xi". A "hand up" if you will.

BP is a spring chicken compared to me, lol. Well, we're both older than BG, rotfl. 

@duk... hmmm, March 30, 2008 is not a "few month's old". A bit over a year actually, hehe. But only FS grandp/mas will realize. Yeah, I remember TEQ. ,oP

There are some other 10+ years out there that remain active and there are a few that are even older than me, including two of my guildies.

Congrats out to the decade olds and, bmc, don't sweat it... you young'un you, lmao. 

Edited by Egami, 16 October 2017 - 19:49.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:14

I was a child of TEQ, and a few other guilds that have dwindled away.  Up to and including: PANIC, TWP, The Dark Templars, Army of the Empire, and Warrior Kings.  I was an all day visitor to the IRC channels, and I adored the following long gone pioneers of the game: DarkArchon, TDA, Crace, Phool, Bleltch, dentenabc, DaFlunk, AzUk, daPredator, EddyD..... They were my dear friends and I miss them.

I remember BG's first day, he popped in to the IRC like gangbusters.... Those were great times.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 Removed51002

Removed51002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 15:50

All remember i was a child playing this game for the first time :) i was terribke i fought shahmans untill level 15 because i didnt know how to get out of there xD the old players will remember how valuable that doubler buff was xD it was a dealmaker for recruiting for sure haha
  • Xed likes this

#13 Removed51002

Removed51002

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 15:51

So much reminissable stuff and different instances of play we could share on this post all day, but i wont bore this new gen with pre theme shenanigans xD

#14 BSPollux

BSPollux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 23:06

I was a child of TEQ, and a few other guilds that have dwindled away.  Up to and including: PANIC, TWP, The Dark Templars, Army of the Empire, and Warrior Kings.  I was an all day visitor to the IRC channels, and I adored the following long gone pioneers of the game: DarkArchon, TDA, Crace, Phool, Bleltch, dentenabc, DaFlunk, AzUk, daPredator, EddyD..... They were my dear friends and I miss them.

I remember BG's first day, he popped in to the IRC like gangbusters.... Those were great times.  

Hey Penny,

I think I remember you. I tried to get invited back to the empty guild by the one who's leading it right now. But he didn't know me and wanted to stay alone and try to rebuild it. Thought it would be fitting for me to idle in it if its all asleep anyway.

And btw: Joined: 22/Dec/2006

Someone beat that :)

Whe we joined, Strykes ( who was using his first account Destiny by that time) and DaFlunk and then there was the guy who had the first full forged frost dragon set and pvpved on level 15 constantly whos name i forgot (thomen or something? Edit: Tolmar was his name!). That was fun, realy!

Strykes invested like 1000$ in the first month to build TEQ and i was spending like 10h a day recruiting and managing and all of that.

When there was that even with the cerberus and the green dragond and... reorn frost? well anyway when the event happened strykes just posted "got to go, hose on fire, being evacuated!". turned out his neighbours house was burning. He told me a few minutes later, when he was back online, from his laptop, watching the firefighters putting out the fire. didnt stop him from helping us to hunt dragons.

Wer had so much fun...

Edited by BSPollux, 14 December 2017 - 23:16.

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 00:53

I remember you pollux.  I remember Strykes spending so much for TEQ too.  I wouldn't have been able to max stam and xp gain had it not been for his investment.   In recent times I have really missed the old days.  I was never lonely then, there was always somebody to laugh and cut up with on the chat.  I had hoped that Global chat would be as lively, but it's not so much these days, except during office hours when BG is there.

• Xed likes this

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 Lowlight

Lowlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 16:34

haha, this game is Funny, i was one of the First FS players (by watching my brother play). my brother Joined in december 06 i didn't have a pc to play on at the time, i joined in March 07. i miss the good old days. i was in 6 6 6 and Sword master JimmyJoe and Shylesson.

Shylesson was the 44th person to create a account, i have never seen anyone lower.

My Heros (i was a kid when i played)

Shylesson, Jimmyjoe, Prezze, azUK, DaFlunk, Jmaisc (i was also in Team Manster), noobility, delux906?

Edited by Lowlight, 13 February 2018 - 16:43.

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 16:20

haha, this game is Funny, i was one of the First FS players

I was the very first play to see other people play this back in 06.

I remember players like DarkPig. Who was the first to EOC. When EOC was Lv 350. I remember before the Skill Tree went above 200. I remember Skill resets. I remember when Xind was added. That was before QF and QH buffs. Hahaha funny

#18 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 23:32

How about when FSP weren't even 100k?

When there was no item tagging, so you actually had to be legit friends with people you shared gear with in your guild?

When you actually had real guild wars where people put their levels on the line?

Edited by SirAdmiral, 13 October 2018 - 23:34.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 18:41

When there was no item tagging, so you actually had to be legit friends with people you shared gear with in your guild?

When you actually had real guild wars where people put their levels on the line?

Penny remembers.... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:13

i wouldnt mind guild wars :o

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: