132 replies to this topic

#21 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 00:38

I ran out of likes ! These upgraded stashes are awesome!!!!! Way to be BIG G! =)H691svmLwvZI_zps0e6731b5.gif

#22 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:56

Nice pots, thanks!

Like a few others have suggested, perhaps the top 100 prize could be bumped up a bit.

#23 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:30

Thank you BigGrim on the event and updates on the stashes. :)

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:46

I think it's a bit greedy that, for this particular event, that folk are wanting even more chests for being top 100 ?

Isn't 10 [AL500 / Sacrifice 500] or [CONS500 / LF 1500 / Stalker 250] or [Rage 300 / Fury 500 / DC 375 / DD 200] + a bonus 1 for placing top 100 enough for you ?

I think the capability of winning 10 of those chests is more than sufficient for incentivising folk to do their best.

Personally, I'd have lowered the number available (down to, say 6 + 2 bonus), given the massive improvement in the actual chest contents ...

Remember, they WERE :-

[AL 375 / Sacrifice 400] or [ Rage 200 / Fury 400 / DC 300 / DD 200]

We're already winners with the improved contents - let's not get TOO greedy ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 20:57

I would accept 8x prizes for Ruby and 8+2 for Top 100.

This chest is REALLY powerfull.

#26 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:31

I would accept 8x prizes for Ruby and 8+2 for Top 100.

This chest is REALLY powerfull.

No it is not. It is right where it should be. Remember they are BOUND, and not everyone can take as much advantage of them as the big stamina bank players.

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:45

No it is not. It is right where it should be. Remember they are BOUND, and not everyone can take as much advantage of them as the big stamina bank players.

Then, to even out the chest advantage, maybe they should only work (per usage) on the first 5k of stamina spent LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:47

Then, to even out the chest advantage, maybe they should only work (per usage) on the first 5k of stamina spent LOL.

Then we ignore that big stamina bank players will have better advantage of this, and they already paid thousands of FSP for their stamina bank aswell, and rather focus on whats good for the average joe. Duh! :P

Edited by Nagoyaka, 20 August 2014 - 21:52.

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:57

Then we ignore that big stamina bank players will have better advantage of this, and they already paid thousands of FSP for their stamina bank aswell, and rather focus on whats good for the average joe. Duh! :P

There are so many posts these days about giving lower level players a "boost", so they can start to catch up a lil in the game. These chests are a blessing and a curse for those low level players with lower stamina banks.

Let's hypothetically assume that (I know it's not right, but we're being hypothetical here ...) an AL500 potion gives a player double the amount of levels in a hunt.

So, someone with 10k stam, who'd normally get 6-7 levels would get 12-14

A higher level player, with 100k stam who'd normally get 30-40 would get 60-80

That's not closing any gaps, that's widening them ;)

My earlier post was not meant to be taken seriously - but, on reflection, these chests are furthering the divide between higher and lower levels ;)

So, perhaps there IS something that can be investigated with these chests to limit their effectiveness ? - who knows. That's something for Hoof / Zorg et al to look at :)

#30 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 22:07

There are so many posts these days about giving lower level players a "boost", so they can start to catch up a lil in the game. These chests are a blessing and a curse for those low level players with lower stamina banks.

Let's hypothetically assume that (I know it's not right, but we're being hypothetical here ...) an AL500 potion gives a player double the amount of levels in a hunt.

My earlier post was not meant to be taken seriously - but, on reflection, these chests are furthering the divide between higher and lower levels ;)

So, perhaps there IS something that can be investigated with these chests to limit their effectiveness ? - who knows. That's something for Hoof / Zorg et al to look at :)

This might have been valid, if content was released faster. But thats not the case. Anyway, I think you are looking at it wrong. We should think about how to speed up their hunt to catch content, not to catch player.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 20 August 2014 - 22:10.

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 23:38

This might have been valid, if content was released faster. But thats not the case. Anyway, I think you are looking at it wrong. We should think about how to speed up their hunt to catch content, not to catch player.

It's the same thing really - new players see long-established players at Level 2200. Content Level and Player Level are always going to be very similar ... 

#32 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 00:15

That's assuming there is only AL500 on that Stash, and that's almost the less powerfull buff on the package.

LF1500+CSV500 x 10 = Epics prices dropping (For some time).
DC375 x 10 = Def setups useless on PvP for some time. At least on cases with much rage involved =P
AL500+SAC x 10 = Very fair, lower players will catch up faster, and almost everyone will kick off SAC500 on most hunts, saving some chests for special hunts with big pots.

Not going against HCS, thanks for the chest guys, but I really think 10x of those are way over needed. Just saying.

#33 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 00:29

AL500+SAC x 10 = Very fair, lower players will catch up faster, and almost everyone will kick off SAC500 on most hunts, saving some chests for special hunts with big pots.

Not going against HCS, thanks for the chest guys, but I really think 10x of those are way over needed. Just saying.

How will lower players catch up faster ?

They'll progress in levels faster, sure - but higher level players with bigger stam banks will progress even faster still ...

#34 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 00:33

They'll progress in levels faster, sure - but higher level players with bigger stam banks will progress even faster still ...

Lower lvl = non-EOC.

EOCers will not have much benefit for 2 reasons:
1 - There is not much content avaliable.
2 - Most of the EOCers have a huge stamina bank, with demans less hunts over the time, and they can save better Global Chests to hunt, Cut Ruby, Vampiric and other...What makes an AL500 not that usefull.

#35 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 00:35

Hence my suggestion way back that nobody liked. Duration based on GE kill count for specified tier.
Say community hits highest tier so we all get 10 pots (assuming you hit the tier), those with 3,500-6,999 kills get pots at 30 mins. Those with 7,000-10,499 get them at 60 mins, etc...
But again, no one like it but seems a little fairer to me. Oh well.

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 00:51

Lower lvl = non-EOC.

EOCers will not have much benefit for 2 reasons:
1 - There is not much content avaliable.
2 - Most of the EOCers have a huge stamina bank, with demans less hunts over the time, and they can save better Global Chests to hunt, Cut Ruby, Vampiric and other...What makes an AL500 not that usefull.

I'd disagree with you there ..

1. I don't equate "lower level players" with "anyone not at EOC". I'm not at EOC, but I'm certainly not what most would call a "lower level player" ;)

2. For me, an AL500 is VERY useful. Yes, there are better Global Event rewards but I'm still more than happy to have a few of these stashed away for a rainy day. Having bigger pots like this allows me (and, I'm guessing others) to play other facets of the game without having to concentrate on purely staying in the race for EOC - I like to spend quite a chunk of stamina on SE Hunting, for instance.

#37 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:25

I'd disagree with you there ..

1. I don't equate "lower level players" with "anyone not at EOC". I'm not at EOC, but I'm certainly not what most would call a "lower level player" ;)

2. For me, an AL500 is VERY useful. Yes, there are better Global Event rewards but I'm still more than happy to have a few of these stashed away for a rainy day. Having bigger pots like this allows me (and, I'm guessing others) to play other facets of the game without having to concentrate on purely staying in the race for EOC - I like to spend quite a chunk of stamina on SE Hunting, for instance.

I'm saying that your lvl (or mine) is LOW, but your lvl is LOWER than the EOC, that's all...And a lvl 500 player racing for level will have a lot more benefit for those AL500, while EOC, you and me will use the other aspects of the game, like Titan Hunting, SE, PvP, etc.

Like I said, that's a really great stash, but maybe 10x is a little too much for those overpowered buffs.

#38 Smom

Smom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:32

Thanks for the event, FS!

Anyway, any good suggestion for Level 182 location to hunt for this Global Event? Thanks. :)

#39 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:02

lol guys you still arguing like its first time we have pots like this...

#40 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:55

They will catch up with EoC faster, aint that obvious???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: