#1 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2014 - 21:46

There is nothing that makes me love this game more than guild bonding or a guild coming together to acheive something big

DISCLAIMER: Skip the italics if you want to not read me reminiscing of old

When titans frist came out (Ogalith and Skaldir) it was so exciting and extremely hyped up by the cows. Cows teased it by saying something huge is coming to FS and will need a big guild to conquer whatever is coming. All the preperation for hunting a titan..Mapping out specifc player spots for the titan maps and just the anticpation of wating for an Ogalith to spawn was all so great. Then when your guild was able to get enough kills to get the Ogalith gloves it was probably the best thing to ever happen.

Fallensword needs more things that brings guilds together to attract more players and even the ones that lost the feeling they once had for this game. The global events were the best step the cows ever took. It even brought me back from my long hitaus.

Anyways, On to the main idea of the post. My idea is to make a whole new tier of gear Heck it could probably just be a Legendary item but its special since it involved a guild group effort. The current tier list of gear goes like this

Tier 1: Common

Tier 2: Rare

Tier 3: Unique

Tier 4: Super Elite

Tier 4.5: Cyrstaline

Tier 5: Legendary

Tier 6: Epic

Tier 7: ?

Now for the guild quests. There are many ways to approach quests. All guilds are different in what they do.(Small,Medium,Big,)(Powerleveling guild,PvP guild,Titan hunting guild). But within in these distinct type of guilds there are big composers,potion makers,farmers, etc. How about a quest or quests that make the guild come together to get a certain item..or a set.

The quests could go on for many stages depending on the item or items and each stage will get progressively harder. First stage "Obtain 1000 BloodBloom Plants Jademare Cerluean Rose etc." Second stage"Craft 100 Potion of The Bookworm,Potion of Fury, Potion of Black Death etc. Third stage"Acquire 2 Inferno Hammers 2 Writhing Wards and 2 Steamwork Curarsis Fourth stage"Have a total of 2500 100stamina hits on other people. And so on. You get the idea.

The whole entire point I want to get across is guild interaction,Infalting the FS economy, creating LARGE scale quests for GUILDS to complete that can attract every type of player in a certain guild.

Now there are many downsides to this idea of course but it was a really really rough scale version of it.

Let me know what you guys think or have anything to add or questions. Doubt something like this would be implemented but it would really be nice and it would spark more activity.

Edited by Lsrpm, 21 August 2014 - 22:06.

uwClls8.png

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 22:52

I love the idea of guild quests with 2 provisos ..

1. Quests are scaled according to guild membership size.

2. Quests are scaled according to guild membership levels.

Work those two into the equation and HELL YEAH - BRING IT :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 August 2014 - 00:19

What a wonderful idea... I bet even WK would participate

this idea has the Bad Penny seal of approval

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:13

Love the idea here!

1. Quests are scaled according to guild membership size.

2. Quests are scaled according to guild membership levels.

I disagree here for the quests to be scaled by size and member levels because its always changing. Make it a fair number to get to, not to easy for any guild, but not impossible for the smaller guilds.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:13

Love the idea here!

I disagree here for the quests to be scaled by size and member levels because its always changing. Make it a fair number to get to, not to easy for any guild, but not impossible for the smaller guilds.

If it's not scaled, then its not going to be fair - pure and simple.

Guild size / level is NOT always changing - Our size hasn't changed for months, for instance.

All you have to do (well, all the cows have to do) is work out average guild size / level and tailor the requirements accordingly - whilst putting in some sort of anti-abuse measure like, for instance, you have to have been in the guild for a month to partake in guild-based quests.

Also, inactives wouldn't be counted as part of the head-count (just in-case that's what you're worried about, given you have got a LOT of mules there... ) ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:42

If it's not scaled, then its not going to be fair - pure and simple.

Guild size / level is NOT always changing - Our size hasn't changed for months, for instance.

Not changing dramatically enough to effect the quests in a big way that is. 

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:47

Not changing dramatically enough to effect the quests in a big way that is. 

OK, so, how do you make a challenge fair for a 4 man guild, whilst still making it challenging for a 100 man guild ?

I'm intrigued :)

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:54

OK, so, how do you make a challenge fair for a 4 man guild, whilst still making it challenging for a 100 man guild ?

That depends on the 4 men and the 100. Could be 4 people with 100k max stamina and lots of experience vs a 100 people with 4k stamina and little experience. And yes, I am grasping at straws with that. So far the OPs numbers looked fine, though they could be increased.

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:19

That depends on the 4 men and the 100. Could be 4 people with 100k max stamina and lots of experience vs a 100 people with 4k stamina and little experience. And yes, I am grasping at straws with that. So far the OPs numbers looked fine, though they could be increased.

Clutching at straws is right ;)

They have to be scaled on a player level / guild membership level to be "fair and proper"

#10 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:54

Look at titan hunting for an example. When it was in its prime. It was hard for smaller guilds with not many hunters and easy for bigger guilds with a lot of hunters. Same goes for guild level. Easy for big guilds harder for small guilds. Just think about all the seasonal titans. Some guilds have advantages over others. I truly think it would be hard to scale every single quest(s) for every size of guild.

Its extremely difficult to balance something like this. Would be a good thing yes! But its hard to do so. The only way i can see it being somewhat balanced if there was a new type of guild currency like RP and use the currency you get from completing guild quests to get certain items.

You also have to consider not everyone in enjoys a certain aspect of the game. From my time here on the forums i can tell you seem not to enjoy pvp ;) so the pvp part of the quest wouldnt be fun for you..but im sure you would do it anyway. In a way a 4 man guild is better because you have to do less organzing and less communication. A few people in a larger guild may get more of the materials needed for the quest than they needed because someone already got the required about.(Although im sure there would be some sort of recorder lol.)

But I like this idea a lot and I could see this being the biggest update FS did since the new map if they go as far as I imagine it in my head. For then PvP quest I wanted there to be a certain item that has to drop like blood or some sort. Finally completing all the items would reward you with game changing brand new set/items. Have so many more ideas to put on the table but its best to put samples out there before you bring out the main course. Also want others opinions and ideas as well.

Edited by Lsrpm, 22 August 2014 - 07:12.

uwClls8.png

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 15:34

I truly think it would be hard to scale every single quest(s) for every size of guild.

We're not talking about every single quest - we're talking about NEW quests, that were specifically GUILD targetted - i.e. completely new and, I imagine, thin on the ground.

You also have to consider not everyone in enjoys a certain aspect of the game. From my time here on the forums i can tell you seem not to enjoy pvp ;) so the pvp part of the quest wouldnt be fun for you..but im sure you would do it anyway.

You're right - I'm not a fan of PvP (as implemented in FS at least) - but, ideally, Guild Quests wouldn't be (in my implementation) as in the OP suggestion, but there'd be several of them, each focussing on one aspect of the game. That way, guilds could do as few or as many as they desired. Me doing a PvP related guild quest ? - or my guild ? - probably not :)

#12 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:40

I agree to the idea of guild quests. It does not have to be like hunting quests but a way to give moral to the guild for a group project of some kind.  Those that know me know I play all of the game. I figured it is good way to include lower level and upper level players working together for a common goal. What the reward or object is up to HCS.  

I think it would be interesting to do  many quests that go for long time and even give a guild medal for completion could be interesting too.  

I would like to remind players in the community that quests are just what they are a project to earn something. It could be xp bonus recovery that is a guild bonus to the guild.  I give examples of relic that are temporary. If a quest is done perhaps small addition bonus to all players in the guild. If player leaves they lose the bonus from the guild.  I wonder if this would get more activity in guilds? :P

#13 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:27

I agree to the idea of guild quests. It does not have to be like hunting quests but a way to give moral to the guild for a group project of some kind.  Those that know me know I play all of the game. I figured it is good way to include lower level and upper level players working together for a common goal. What the reward or object is up to HCS.  

I think it would be interesting to do  many quests that go for long time and even give a guild medal for completion could be interesting too.  

I would like to remind players in the community that quests are just what they are a project to earn something. It could be xp bonus recovery that is a guild bonus to the guild.  I give examples of relic that are temporary. If a quest is done perhaps small addition bonus to all players in the guild. If player leaves they lose the bonus from the guild.  I wonder if this would get more activity in guilds? :P

Thats exactly what im trying to get at with this idea. Sparking more active guilds again. I know all you crazy EOCers are bored as heck..and have nothing to do. This is just a little fun thing that helps FS in so many ways.

uwClls8.png

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 23:51

Add a poll, sugar

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:05

Kind of a built in GUILD QUEST idea .. better known  as a  "SCAVENGER HUNT" .. somehting HCS could do using existing items in game.

Simple Idea - First guild to open all of the following - WINS!

1 Bronze Key treasure chest

1 Silver Key treasure chest

1 Gold Key treasure chest

1 Crystal Key treasure chest

Really you could modify it using any items around Erildath!

These events could be infinite.. no time limit! 

HCS puts out a list .. guilds find items on the list ..guild wins said prize =)

Many ways to tweak this and maybe provide a medal!

#16 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:02

Some great ideas here! I really like the idea of Guild Quests. There's so much gear in the game, I'd almost rather we got a Stam Pack with it or something of that nature instead of more gear. Also with gear not everyone will be able to use it, as you're either too low, too high whatever.

Depending upon the idea then scaling to guild size would be good, though an idea like Bloody's wouldn't require that.

It might be interesting to see if the quest could not be level dependent, thus you don't necessarily need an EOC player to complete it, but I like the idea of finding items and maybe riddles or puzzles you have to sort out.

#17 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 16:36

Yes but on on the condition that the quests require X amount of people to do the same objective. That way one person can't just complete the full 100 invents by himself. That's not really promoting guild activity in my book.

Could do guild member tiers like 5-15 member guilds need to have 7 different people complete them. 16-30 guilds need 15 people. 30-50 need 20 people. 51-100+ needs 40(I know a lot of big guilds have mules so having 50 active players might be pushing it).

Might even be able to have it like Player Medals, different tiers where the more you guys complete the better the reward and eventually a guild achievement?

Edited by Crzy, 24 August 2014 - 16:37.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#18 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:55

But if you tie it to guild size/ strength etc. What stops certain groups breaking off and exploiting it by breaking off, making a new guild with a small number and getting an easy ride for all this new stuff and cashing in for max profit. Or how could you factor in for a large guild with a rake of inactives and then they are tasked with doing rakes of work with a few people because the system assumes they have the man power.

Seems like a nightmare to code and dare I say, would probably not even be attempted. Although guild quests sounds cool. But you would have to be realistic on limitations or scaling as you may end up with a bloated system that cows will go wow. This is going to be too hard.

I think you would just have to accept some guilds will not be able to do certain quests. But you could have tiered quests I guess and make them on difficulty. Like a guild accepts an easy quest and it opens and they get to complete it because that guild knows that is the best they can do until they grow. Or maybe they can do a rake of easy quests and get points to store and cash them in to roll for a higher tier quest prize eventually. Giving them a chance to work hard in their limitation over time and still get something decent.

Stronger bigger guilds can accept hardcore difficultly lvl quests with time limits maybe etc as they know they have a chance to achieve and push for it. Also maybe a random element to what they get in the end to ensure playablilty to come back and try more.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:34

I still think this is a good idea... it would heighten game play and strengthen the entire community.... this would not only help bring in new players as the satisfied bring in their friends, but it would also keep the bored veterans entertained with something more to do... Looks like a win=win to me, with the bugs ironed out and safeguards put into place to minimize exploitation... I give it a thumbs up 

~ Just my 2 Pennys

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2014 - 19:04

Love this idea!! With the lack of motivation in the game recently I think this would definitely boost the morale of players and guilds. And it seems fun :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: