154 replies to this topic

#21 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 17:46

Try now? I think I've fixed the bounty issue.

Gotta have a bounty to try again. Ours went poof.  :(

#22 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 17:47

Gotta have a bounty to try again. Ours went poof.  :(

I can't give you the Bounty back, too complicated. I'm sure we can refund you in some way if you make a ticket though, first I want to get this fixed though.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 17:49

Can we not make Prestige points gained between guildmate hits? Way too easily abused!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 17:50

If people wanted to abuse it they could have done so before this update by simply leaving their guild. This is now some change that is exploitable...

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#25 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 17:54

wow..someone does not get it...pvp update is horrible..just like the arena update..killed arena..major exploitation coming..not helping bringing in players to pvp..just like arena update did not help getting new arena players to stay..work on the prizes for arena,pvp, and gvg and  maybe we can get more players to participate..

#26 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:01

please fix arena so there are more arenas to enter in 400+..thanks..didn't see a reply so don't know if this will get addressed soon !

#27 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:02

How about adding a rule about amount of same guild members that can be participant in one pvp band similar to the rule in arena about how many of same guild members can participate in a tournament?

Edited by Nagoyaka, 05 September 2014 - 18:02.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:03

If people wanted to abuse it they could have done so before this update by simply leaving their guild. This is now some change that is exploitable...

Players weren't gonna leave their guild before because they would lose their gxp(guild experience) just for a lousy 10% Prestige(that's 500 points). Sorry. But who knows? Maybe some did. Now they don't have to do anything but join the ladder. If it's too much of a hassle to 'fix' well ok. We can find a way to police it ourselves...

Can we still hit other players and buy PvP protection at 200k gold to leave the Ladder and not be bountied?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#29 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:08

How about adding a rule about amount of same guild members that can be participant in one pvp band similar to the rule in arena about how many of same guild members can participate in a tournament?

And what, have a lottery to see which two(or whatever number) are allowed to join the Ladder? There are 10s of tournaments spawning 24 hours a day to join or not at any one time. There is one Ladder for each player to join all the time.

[Signature removed]

#30 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:10

And what, have a lottery to see which two(or whatever number) are allowed to join the Ladder? There are 10s of tournaments spawning 24 hours a day to join or not at any one time. There is one Ladder for each player to join all the time.

Yeah. Similar to a 'cooldown', as with titan hunting.

#31 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:11

please fix arena so there are more arenas to enter in 400+..thanks..didn't see a reply so don't know if this will get addressed soon !

Even though it's slightly off topic... I would love to see the gold reward tournaments return to the arena to pump some more incentive into the arena ;) Thanks.

#32 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:12

One other question I have, do you finally need to attack another player to gain tokens? Because since the latest Ladder was conceived all you needed to do was be on the Ladder contrary to the description, "Note that only players who have either attacked or defended will be included in the ladder." 

[Signature removed]

#33 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:19

Yeah. Similar to a 'cooldown', as with titan hunting.

But as long as you are not on 'cooldown' any player can hunt that Titan. So you are suggesting that once a player, what wins the Ladder with 5 tokens, that they have to wait out a Ladder before they can re-enter? What if they come in 2nd or 5th? And what do you suggest the number of players from the same guild be limited to? You can also leave your guild to get around that restriction, unlike if you do that with Titan hunting, then it is YOU against other guilds and only players who cheat with scripts can do that, we all know who THEY are...

[Signature removed]

#34 chae

chae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Finland

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:23

What was against the FSH implementation? I would like to see which buffs the player already have and the BEST location is to note it in the same area as where YOUR bufs.

So instead of reading "Demoralize (175), Sacrifice (175)" it would be better have something like this.

< >  Demoralize (175)

In which < > is the check box for buffing, and (175) is the level of buffs already on the target.

+ 1

Would be nice if the buffs that are already casted on someone were for example highlighted on the buff list where you can choose which buffs to activate on the player in question.

Just saying that it would make things a lot easier when a person has a bunch of buffs already active,

and personally i find it difficult / time taking to go through the long list next to the player avi/name...

But otherwise thumbs up for the quick buff update!

#35 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:25

But as long as you are not on 'cooldown' any player can hunt that Titan. So you are suggesting that once a player, what wins the Ladder with 5 tokens, that they have to wait out a Ladder before they can re-enter? What if they come in 2nd or 5th? And what do you suggest the number of players from the same guild be limited to? You can also leave your guild to get around that restriction, unlike if you do that with Titan hunting, then it is YOU against other guilds and only players who cheat with scripts can do that, we all know who THEY are...

It's worth thinking about. 2 or 3 per guild. Once they've gained x amount of dominance medal ticks, and/ or x amount of tokens, they make place for other guild mates. For instance. There's plenty to think about on this subject, but it will need to happen if fairness is the goal.

#36 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:26

I guess I never get answered and this may be in wrong forum..but even the right forum gets no responses..well it is nice to have a new quick buff...the arena fix still needs to be updated and we also have been waiting well over 6 months for new composing potions also..I had no problems with buffing..but I can't enter many arenas when 80% are below 400..only 15 arenas higher than that..and can't make any new composed potions so no need leveling there if nothing is ever going to be added as we were told months ago that it would be updated...please fix the things that you need to do first..as the arena fix has been over a year waiting and still needs to be fixed !

#37 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:31

Thanks for trying Zorg, but please:

- Having a list of active buff written its not that big help when you have to buff someone.

Instead of having something like:

Brewing Master [175], Extend [175], Keen Edge [230], Spectral Knight [288], Shield Strike [175], Animal Magnetism [345], Berserk [403], Fury [403], Enchanted Armor [230], Librarian [345], Constitution [288], Dark Curse [259], Flinch [230], Unbreakable [219], Death Dealer [175], Iron Fist [175], Distraction [175], Armored Strike [175], Force Shield [175], Enchant Shield [175], Shield Wall [175], Armor Boost [175], Merchant [175], Inventor [175], Extractor [175], Mesmerize [175], Reckoning [175], Epic Craft [175], Enchant Ring [173], Enchant Amulet [173], Enchant Rune [173], Arterial Strike [345], Enchant Boots [173], Conserve [288], Overkill [175], Holy Flame [175], Smashing Hammer [175], Coordinated Attack [175], Fortitude [50], Coordinated Defense [175], Quest Finder [175], Reflection [50], Resource Finder [175], Epic Forge [175], Stalker [175], Reinforce [175], Distil [150], Adept Learner [575], Wither [518], Enchant Helmet [87], Necrosis [259], Ignite [288], Summon Shield Imp [460], Find Item [1150], Light Foot [1438], Doubler [1380], Enchant Weapon [1725], Treasure Hunter [175], Deflect [175], Nightmare Visage [150]

that is almost unreadable, active skill should be highlighted, so you can just check the skills that are not active.

For how it is now, you have to check every single buff one by one. Really not easy if you can cast 40 buffs and have 30 skill active. Please! :(

#38 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:34

Many thanks Zorg (and HCS) for the updates.

First, I must say I have yet to read everyone's comments. Hope to do that and explore in depth over the weekend. May comment later.

First impression is that the quick buff window looks pretty and I like it, hehe.

First thought on the Ladder change as a Ladder participant.

I don't see this is as a fix. I haven't been involved in the ladders with tons of people from one Guild.

My first impression is that this won't change anything. They're still not forced to hit. No advantage for those who have complained before.

I do suppose it makes it fairer for the Guilds involved in it as they now have more targets, but it also creates the issue of them deciding who wins on the Ladder.

Ie, they choose who is to win. They all 100 stam that player (or group) to lose on purpose. Once they've lost the PvP, they 100 stam the non-Guildie(s).

As I see it: Positive is that Guilds are restricted by their members being on the same ladder. Negative... hmmm... not sure how much of a negative there is come to think of it, lol.

Better thought out comments later. Apologies.

Thanks for moving ahead on improvements.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

Edited by Egami, 05 September 2014 - 18:36.

#39 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:40

I guess I never get answered and this may be in wrong forum..but even the right forum gets no responses..well it is nice to have a new quick buff...the arena fix still needs to be updated and we also have been waiting well over 6 months for new composing potions also..I had no problems with buffing..but I can't enter many arenas when 80% are below 400..only 15 arenas higher than that..and can't make any new composed potions so no need leveling there if nothing is ever going to be added as we were told months ago that it would be updated...please fix the things that you need to do first..as the arena fix has been over a year waiting and still needs to be fixed !

Join arenas below 400 lvl, where is the problem? lol

Edited by avvakum, 05 September 2014 - 18:40.

#40 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 18:43

Thanks for trying Zorg, but please:

- Having a list of active buff written its not that big help when you have to buff someone.

Instead of having something like:

[HUGE LIST OF BUFFS]

that is almost unreadable, active skill should be highlighted, so you can just check the skills that are not active.

For how it is now, you have to check every single buff one by one. Really not easy if you can cast 40 buffs and have 30 skill active. Please! :(

This is true. I wonder if it could be improved by this: When the target player is selected all the active buff names turn red? So you can instantly see which ones you can click to buff...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: