#21 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:49

I made the comment as I have seen PvPers stating PvP should be based on skill not uber buffs.  So i would assume PvPers would want PvPXP off skill not because they hit someone in stam gain setup

btw, if I attack a person in my range, it won't matter if he is wearing epics or not, I can still attack him, if a PvPer can beat people with buffs and PvP gear on ladder then attacking other players in my range won't be hard, if you sit in stam gear then you choose to loose PvP XP, I shouldn't get pulled back because a person sits in epics for example, you want PvP XP ? Then work hard and wear good setups to slightly decrease the chance of getting attacked

clock96.gif

#22 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:10

btw, if I attack a person in my range, it won't matter if he is wearing epics or not, I can still attack him, if a PvPer can beat people with buffs and PvP gear on ladder then attacking other players in my range won't be hard, if you sit in stam gear then you choose to loose PvP XP, I shouldn't get pulled back because a person sits in epics for example, you want PvP XP ? Then work hard and wear good setups to slightly decrease the chance of getting attacked

We are getting off topic but when we discuss potions and PvPers dont want higher lvl potions because it takes away from skill and in a different forum PvP topic it is up to the defender (who has no idea he is going to be attacked) to ensure skill is involved.  I see no consistence.

But I like option 1... i think i am out of this discussion and leave it to you PvPers.

#23 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:16

I made the comment as I have seen PvPers stating PvP should be based on skill not uber buffs.  So i would assume PvPers would want PvPXP off skill not because they hit someone in stam gain setup

Yes I agree,with the addition of new buffs some have made PvP a bit easier, but I'm not talking about buffs here.  Everyone has a choice to properly wear stam or offline gear.  If you have attacked someone, expect to be bountied by them. Sometimes they will or they won't, but you should take steps beforehand to defend yourself ("You" meaning everyone). If you want other players to attack you more easily, that's your choice, if you want people to work for your bounty, that's your choice. 

Edited by Melons, 15 September 2014 - 04:17.

#24 HeatSink

HeatSink

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:01

I can go with option 1. As a leveler, I don't see why any leveler would have issues with no xp loss. I could care less if my pvp xp was 0. :/

Guess I'm confused. In Idea 1 a player could participate in PvP if they wanted, would earn PXP to count towards their PvP level progress, and the most important part for me, could not lose XP? If this is correct, what would happen to normal PvP hits that happen today? Would they be changed to this new method?

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:59

Guess I'm confused. In Idea 1 a player could participate in PvP if they wanted, would earn PXP to count towards their PvP level progress, and the most important part for me, could not lose XP? If this is correct, what would happen to normal PvP hits that happen today? Would they be changed to this new method?

Op was pretty clear about this. Current pvp would remain. Reread op but here is the excerpt:
Maybe add an option in the attack system along with "Normal or ladder attack" "Bounty Combat" "Guild Conflict Combat" , it would be "XP attack" in this form of attack levellers won't loose ordinary XP from levelling, maybe just loose PvP XP (If the player has any), if you attack someone and loose you will loose PvP XP,

#26 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:31

nice thread clock..as a leveler idea #1 sounds very good..i like it...most levelers should like it, and i think many more players would try pvp in that aspect....would open up a whole new concept to pvp, gear , awards and such by using the pvp level to determine what you can do and wear..since this idea has gotten thumbs up from both pvpers and levelers (which is virtualy impossible for both to agree on anything) is has to be a good idea..and should be thought of by the cows..and not put at the end of dev. roadmap..much earlier..they have put other idea ahead of what we all voted on for the dev. roadmap before..so they could do it again..

#27 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2014 - 14:03

Yodamus, all I hope for is seeing a HCS member saying OK, this will be a step it self, atleast I will know that they will work on it, ofcourse it will be more than awesome if they put it ahead on the dev roadmap, also Yotwehc you did a good job copying the OP to explain it, about buffs, this topic isn't about PvP buffs, this is a huge thing to talk about, however using high level buffs is a right for each player, no problem here, no one is banned from using these buffs

clock96.gif

#28 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 14:22

i agree with the first idea , being some one who in eoc & been a leveler most of the time i've been playing i see no prob with this . i'm now pvping & it is hard to when you have only those in you guild most of the time on the ladder with you . so this can help fix that prob & we can make ground on getting or upgrading are medals  & stop those who cry about us just sitting & gathering tokens .

#29 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 September 2014 - 14:46

As an avid PvPer, and one of the few veterans left, I will say that for the most part, we do have ethics about these things... I would much rather have to think to win my battle, taking into account which buffs I need and what to wear to take down your offline kit.  

Stam gear makes things way too easy, but I am grateful to all you high-levels that wear it when you're on the board... Makes my job of getting my  ticks in for that crystal BM medal I've been chasing for years...

On another note, this idea makes much better sense than our current ladder system, and it wouldn't bother me in the least to see it replaced by it...  *crosses fingers* *buys voodoo spells* *prays*

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#30 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2014 - 14:50

I agree that it will be a whole new aspect that will atract most of the PvPers and even levellers who are at the EoC who are sitting with tons of stam and just waiting for another content update that they reach its end in one hunt, this can fill their free time in the game, don't know why HCS maybe by anyway against this, PvPers like it and levellers like it so nothing will stop it

clock96.gif

#31 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 18:25

Ok, Option 1. PvP level and PvP XP added to a players profile. A new "attack player" option is added called XP attack. A player attacked by way of "XP attack" and loses will not lose lvl XP but PvP XP if they have any, the one who attacked and won only recieves a % of PvP XP, no gold is stolen. This PvP % goes towards increasing PvP level. clock, you suggest that the "XP attack" might be bountied. Why though? No level XP loss will occur and if a player has 0 PvP XP then no PvP experience or PvP level is lost. Would this not be like being able to bounty a GvG hit?

You mention rewards in your original post, rewards that could be gained at certain PvP levels. Would these not need to be in place before this type of hit could be considered worthy of a Bounty? Lowering a players PvP XP and reducing their PvP LvL would increase the time taken to achieve these rewards and could then be seen to be bounty worthy. Or if the PvP XP could be converted to LvL XP, then again bounty worthy if lowered.

Even if these rewards are added what about the XP attack on a player with no PvP level or PvP XP. If the attacked player loses they just lose, nothing more, maybe slight equipment damage but that would be it. The attacking player gains some PvP XP and that's it. This is in essence a GvG hit so I can't see how this hit can be bountied.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

wil72

#32 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2014 - 18:34

Ok, Option 1. PvP level and PvP XP added to a players profile. A new "attack player" option is added called XP attack. A player attacked by way of "XP attack" and loses will not lose lvl XP but PvP XP if they have any, the one who attacked and won only recieves a % of PvP XP, no gold is stolen. This PvP % goes towards increasing PvP level. clock, you suggest that the "XP attack" might be bountied. Why though? No level XP loss will occur and if a player has 0 PvP XP then no PvP experience or PvP level is lost. Would this not be like being able to bounty a GvG hit?

You mention rewards in your original post, rewards that could be gained at certain PvP levels. Would these not need to be in place before this type of hit could be considered worthy of a Bounty? Lowering a players PvP XP and reducing their PvP LvL would increase the time taken to achieve these rewards and could then be seen to be bounty worthy. Or if the PvP XP could be converted to LvL XP, then again bounty worthy if lowered.

Even if these rewards are added what about the XP attack on a player with no PvP level or PvP XP. If the attacked player loses they just lose, nothing more, maybe slight equipment damage but that would be it. The attacking player gains some PvP XP and that's it. This is in essence a GvG hit so I can't see how this hit can be bountied.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

wil72

In the original post, I said "IF" the attack can be bountied, however I personally hope that the attack can't be bountied, just wanted to talk about all possibilities

Edited by clock96, 15 September 2014 - 18:35.

clock96.gif

#33 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 18:39

In the original post, I said "IF" the attack can be bountied, however I personally hope that the attack can't be bountied, just wanted to talk about all possibilities

I know you said "if" mate that's why I said "might". And gave reasons why they "might not" or "might be". :)

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 15 September 2014 - 18:41.

#34 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2014 - 18:56

I know you said "if" mate that's why I said "might". And gave reasons why they "might not" or "might be". :)

Cheers.

wil72

Yeah you made a good point

clock96.gif

#35 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2014 - 00:23

BTW, I saw BG reading this topic earlier today but he didn't reply, don't know why but trying to convince myself that he is talking to the rest of HCS Team about it before saying its ok lol

clock96.gif

#36 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:51

The ideas definitely have merit and present a whole fresh approach.  I lean towards option 1, but # 2 isn't bad either.

Good luck with it.  

#37 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 13:29

Definitely gives a reason for people bored at EOC to dabble in PVP with little to no consequence. On the rewards aspect, if the rewards aren't bound then you can possibly have friends/allies trading hits like the old GVG system. I know people like to make profit for their efforts but if the market can be manipulated right out the gate, then why bother?

Maybe have the PVP XP hits have 0 range restrictions. So level 60s can take on people at EOC in stam gear. If the rewards are bound anyway. I know one of the major buzz kills of GVG is the fact that it can be hard finding guilds with enough people in range of you, and I'm sure there are PVP ranges that have this same problem.

Perhaps the rewards can be those listed buffs that never made it into the game but are still on the AH search menus. :P Bound potions to get everyone interested in using them.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#38 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2014 - 13:44

Definitely gives a reason for people bored at EOC to dabble in PVP with little to no consequence. On the rewards aspect, if the rewards aren't bound then you can possibly have friends/allies trading hits like the old GVG system. I know people like to make profit for their efforts but if the market can be manipulated right out the gate, then why bother?

Maybe have the PVP XP hits have 0 range restrictions. So level 60s can take on people at EOC in stam gear. If the rewards are bound anyway. I know one of the major buzz kills of GVG is the fact that it can be hard finding guilds with enough people in range of you, and I'm sure there are PVP ranges that have this same problem.

Perhaps the rewards can be those listed buffs that never made it into the game but are still on the AH search menus. :P Bound potions to get everyone interested in using them.

Thinking about it, yeah the new PvP items based on PvP level should be bound, or else guilds will just get enough of it and put it in guild store and it will be worthless, same for potions, about the range, not sure what you meant here, did you mean you want it to be an open range or closed one ? IMO open range will just help the high levels attack the low levels, sure low levels will attack people with stam gear at EOC but won't be a fair fight for both sides so the attack should be according to the normal PvP ranges

Edited by clock96, 16 September 2014 - 13:45.

clock96.gif

#39 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 21:47

I really like this idea...Maybe it will wake some up in this guild and give them new meaning to PAYBACK....Better watch what you ask for I think.

#40 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 23:09

I really like this idea...Maybe it will wake some up in this guild and give them new meaning to PAYBACK....Better watch what you ask for I think.

How?

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: