#41 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:37

I really like this idea...Maybe it will wake some up in this guild and give them new meaning to PAYBACK....Better watch what you ask for I think.

Don't know what you mean or going for here

clock96.gif

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 16:38

Hrm. An idea to have PvP not taking Levelling XP has potential. This is something that might heal by divorcing PvP from levelling XP, thereby neutering the level loss, and in some cases, the bullying that can and and does occur in rare instances. This is something I'd like to discuss with Hoofmaster and Zorg though, so don't get your hopes up.

~ Grim

#43 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:19

The hitting of offline players wearing stam gear can be avoided by getting TWO kinds of setups, which you can wear at the same time.  One for hunting/normal play and the second one for PvP.

Ofcourse this needs to be tested out carefully, as I don't want to hunt using my PvP setup.

#44 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:25

Hrm. An idea to have PvP not taking Levelling XP has potential. This is something that might heal by divorcing PvP from levelling XP, thereby neutering the level loss, and in some cases, the bullying that can and and does occur in rare instances. This is something I'd like to discuss with Hoofmaster and Zorg though, so don't get your hopes up.

~ Grim

Let us know how the discussion went :D But there is a thing that I couldn't understand here, you aren't thinking about "replacing" normal PvP attacks with PvP XP attack, are you ? We wamt to "add" PvP XP system not "replacing" normal attacks with PvP XP attacks, a huge difference between the two words, maybe I was just confused, that's why I asked, thx ;)

clock96.gif

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:26

That's what I was saying, yeah. That's kinda the impression I was getting from the various comments in the thread.

#46 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:31

That's what I was saying, yeah. That's kinda the impression I was getting from the various comments in the thread.

I meant "add" or else how can we hit players for gold lol

clock96.gif

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:47

To be frank, I'd simply add that to the PvP XP hit I guess. But this could be an addition I suppose. Or replacement for the Ladder. I'll have to talk with Hoof and Zorg.

#48 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 17:53

To be frank, I'd simply add that to the PvP XP hit I guess. But this could be an addition I suppose. Or replacement for the Ladder. I'll have to talk with Hoof and Zorg.

Replacement for ladder ? Hmm, This can be a huge change to the PvP in the game, a lot have been complaining lately about the ladder, some wanted the open ladder, is this going to be like the open ladder ? A lot will be adjusted to this new ladder, and maybe yeah you could add it to the same hit "normal XP or ladder attack" as long as you have a PvP level and PvP XP, buu..wait a minute that will get levellers to loose normal XP, right ? I think it should be an independent attack so levellers can loose only PvP XP, no harm to normal XP

clock96.gif

#49 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 18:03

well, the idea is good while it is an addition. Surely, the levellers benefit from that too, because PvP'ers' stamina is limited. That all depends on the rewards system of course. 

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 September 2014 - 18:06

Penny like.... Please please please please make it so?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#51 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 18:10

Penny like.... Please please please please make it so?

knew you will like what BG said about the ladder Penny lol, I am good with it as long as I see PvP level : XXX and PvP XP: XXXXXXX in my bio lol, that's why I posted this topic in the beginning, so PvPers can have a level and level up like levellers

clock96.gif

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 18:17

There should be benefit for being high level on pvp like access to certain sets and buffs or something just like normal then watch out the increase of pvp activity... this idea would be best replacement for pvp as whole

Edited by shindrak, 17 September 2014 - 18:18.

#53 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 18:24

There should be benefit for being high level on pvp like access to certain sets and buffs or something just like normal then watch out the increase of pvp activity... this idea would be best replacement for pvp as whole

As long as high levels can't attack low levels then there shall be no benefit for high levels, even if all PvPers are on one big ladder, all I want HCS to keep in the current PvP system is normal attacks, which leaves us to ladder

clock96.gif

#54 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:03

I find the both ideas interesting, I'm more in favor of the second one, but at this point any idea implemented would suffice. With that being said, the expansion of the Range to attack other players should be 25 levels + or - all around the board  (maybe more or the same, there can be a poll about the range started by HCS). Oh how I miss the polls for reserve stamina. 

Also, there should be some sort of testing that doesn't not take or give xp at that time, but it will help the community understand more on how the change of pvp and the system will work. I believe a selected few even volunteers  ( from a wide range of different level players ) should test it and and give feed back, so that it can be added without the constant need of updates. This will ensure not perfection once its available to all., but will prevent many issues. 

PS: New buffs and rewards would be a plus ! 

PSS: Please leave a message after the beep :) or don't ! :o

PSSS: If i spelled any thing wrong and have bad grammar, ignore it xD

#55 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:06

I find the both ideas interesting, I'm more in favor of the second one, but at this point any idea implemented would suffice. With that being said, the expansion of the Range to attack other players should be 25 levels + or - all around the board  (maybe more or the same, there can be a poll about the range started by HCS). Oh how I miss the polls for reserve stamina. 

Also, there should be some sort of testing that doesn't not take or give xp at that time, but it will help the community understand more on how the change of pvp and the system will work. I believe a selected few even volunteers  ( from a wide range of different level players ) should test it and and give feed back, so that it can be added without the constant need of updates. This will ensure not perfection once its available to all., but will prevent many issues. 

Apparently I've already liked enough posts for the day, so I will quote this one.... All of this makes sense.... I will step up and volunteer to test all this out.... just name the time and place

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#56 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:36

Good idea, I can volunteer to test it in my range too, also yeah we can expand it to be 20 or 25 +/- in all ranges but will it be for PvP XP attack only or Normal attack too ? I suggest it to be one range for all attacks as we already calculate the GvG range so no need to have another new range calculation, let's just do it 15 or 20 for all PvP attacks (as 25 is thr GvG attack range in some levels)

clock96.gif

#57 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:45

Good idea, I can volunteer to test it in my range too, also yeah we can expand it to be 20 or 25 +/- in all ranges but will it be for PvP XP attack only or Normal attack too ? I suggest it to be one range for all attacks as we already calculate the GvG range so no need to have another new range calculation, let's just do it 15 or 20 for all PvP attacks (as 25 is thr GvG attack range in some levels)

For all attacks. PvP xp ( if implemented) and Normal Attacks. Remember Normal attack still should happen for prestige and gold hits. Even if Pvp xp is not added the ranges should increase. 

#58 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2014 - 19:56

For all attacks. PvP xp ( if implemented) and Normal Attacks. Remember Normal attack still should happen for prestige and gold hits. Even if Pvp xp is not added the ranges should increase.

yeah normal attacks shall remain (normal XP and gold Loose and prestige gain)

clock96.gif

#59 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 20:57

As long as high levels can't attack low levels then there shall be no benefit for high levels, even if all PvPers are on one big ladder, all I want HCS to keep in the current PvP system is normal attacks, which leaves us to ladder

sure they should keep current attack range system...or it would be pointless

#60 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 23:25

I have largely ignored this topic because honestly, I didn't think it had much merit and would die on it's own.  Imagine my surprise to see the support that has been shown here.  This idea is not well thought out to say the least and the continual stream of ideas thrown in on top of it has just made things worse.  Basically, what you want is a mix of PvP, GvG, Prestige and the old PvP rating system to form some kind of new system that has no meaning except a different number by your name.

You want people across all levels to hit each other.  Super, I can wear an offline setup that low levels can't touch but there is nothing they can do to stop me from pounding them, even if they are on line.  Sounds like a great way to keep those new players in the game.

You want to make PxP (rating) hits cost the hitter regular XP if they lose but the target would only lose PxP (rating) if they lose.  Then the hitter can be posted on the bounty board where the hitter will lose more regular XP from losses but the people clearing them will gain PxP (rating) for wins and lose nothing for a failed attack.  Sounds like everyone is a winner except the hitter.  Just exactly what the PvP haters have been asking for, no harm to the levelers and all the punishment you can muster on the PvP'ers.

If someone has a 0 PxP rating and they lose a PxP attack, what happens to their rating?  Does it just stay at 0 for no harm, no foul?  That's called GvG and we already have that.  It even has rewards.  If their rating falls below 0, what consequences do they suffer?  If you get rewards for your high PxP rating then surely you should also suffer penalties for a low rating as well.  You mentioned PxP rating would transfer to regular XP.  That's called Prestige and we already have that.

After all that, what is left of PvP?

Given the comments already made in this thread I don't expect my post to be very popular but someone had to say it.  The current PvP system may not be perfect but this idea is far from the solution.

Screenshot everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: