Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:11

Hi all,

Due to the server issues and also the issue with players in the UK & Ireland having connection issues to the game, we've decided to extend the Double XP event by an additional 24 hours to ensure everyone has an opportunity to take part in it.

We've been working hard to improve and optimise the server performance and we think we have it working well now. There may be the odd small lag spike due to the popularity of the event, but it should be down to an absolute minimum now.

Apologies to anyone affected by these issues and we hope you enjoy the additional time we've added to the event :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:17

cheers hoof now i can level when i get home tomorrow

#3 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:18

Thanks Hoof awesome still something going on with images not loading  causing lag as well.

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:21

Thanks Hoof awesome still something going on with images not loading  causing lag as well.

Not seeing any issues with the images loading here. Can you please try clearing your cache and restarting your browser?

#5 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:25

Not seeing any issues with the images loading here. Can you please try clearing your cache and restarting your browser?

Have done both twice in 45 minutes 3rd time it works lol.

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:25

Good move Hoof, hope the game has been squared away from being hit with lag, so far so good...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:29

Have done both twice in 45 minutes 3rd time it works lol.

Good to hear that fixed it :)

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:30

The lags so terrible people can't even hunt so whats the point in extending.

#9 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:34

The lags so terrible people can't even hunt so whats the point in extending.

because with luck its now fixed and some of us who couldnt might now be able too

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:35

because with luck its now fixed and some of us who couldnt might now be able too

It's still bad someone i know just wasted a full round of pots and had to stop because he couldn't do anything. I mean i'm all for extending it but as long as the lag persists there really is no point.

Edited by Intimidation, 21 December 2014 - 23:37.

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 23:37

It's still bad someone i know just wasted a full round of pots and had to stop because he couldn't do anything.

Not seeing any issues with the servers at the moment - it may be an issue with their connection to the server but that's something outwith our control sorry.

If it's an issue with the servers then everyone would be affected by it.

#12 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 00:01

The new doubler 2250 potion really helped limit the impact of lag during my hunt.  

#13 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 00:44

TY for all the hard work guys but there is still lag its at a min but pages still take 2 to 3 secs to load and yes cleared out cache and even ccleaner doesn;t help.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2014 - 00:46

TY for all the hard work guys but there is still lag its at a min but pages still take 2 to 3 secs to load and yes cleared out cache and even ccleaner doesn;t help.

Just checked the servers and they all look to be running well. Unfortunately this may be an issue with your connection to the server.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 00:51

Just checked the servers and they all look to be running well. Unfortunately this may be an issue with your connection to the server.

FWIW, no lag here any more ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:04

Lol thanks for checking just reboot computer and seems  fs is ok . Should of did that before posting in here .

#17 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:31

Just some thoughts on this matter.

1. I understand those with issues wanting this extended but it really lets some of the low levels with low max stam rack up some hunting, feels like some with higher max stamina has been cheated here.

2. Events always cause lag, rather than not have them why not just give a 2xp potion that last for 24hrs (Still thinking of a way to do a lag less LE event).

3. I hunted before the extention with minimal to zero lag so Im kinda wondering if people are just not complaining for the sake of complaining and to get an extra hunt or so in.

4. I hope people veiw this as constructive criticism as it is supposed to be that.

Thanks Hoof, I know how much you all put into this game and I want you to know this.

Sincerely

DOA recently returned early day player.

#18 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:29

theres been a average of 600 players during this event which is average are these new servers better or just cheaper cus I've seen 800+ players logged in and no lag

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:35

theres been a average of 600 players during this event which is average are these new servers better or just cheaper cus I've seen 800+ players logged in and no lag

Players logged in has nothing to do with it really the big factor is activity of the players and what they are doing. 600 players hunting is a lot different then 800 players just logged in.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:56

Players logged in has nothing to do with it really the big factor is activity of the players and what they are doing. 600 players hunting is a lot different then 800 players just logged in.

Epic, a few years ago we had 1,000, 1,500, even 2,000 players online at a time. And during 2x events, in general there was low to no lag. Fast forward a few years and the new average for an event is 600, and we run into big lag. something doesn't add up there.

Another suggestion is possibly reduce having so many events going on at the same time. Adding 4 new titans, opening up the seasonal areas, and having a 2x event is a lot of strain on the game, so to speak.

Props to Hoof for constantly checking in to make sure the servers were working smoothly and making tweaks to adjust the server. This saved many peoples hunts / enjoyment of the event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: