Photo

Weapon Rotating & Quick Deposit / Withdraw

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Weapon Rotating & Quick Deposit / Withdraw (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the ideas?

1. Yes, I want these to be implanted In-Game. (10 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, I don't want these to be implanted In-Game. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Doesn't matter with me. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Malta

Posted 26 January 2014 - 18:48

Hello, These are 2 of my suggestions that came across my mind. I definitely won't be surprised if these get denied because they're minor suggestions and not a big priority to the game. Also leave your thoughts below, negative or positive it doesn't matter. Don't be afraid of what you think, I won't get offended..

1. Weapon Rotation
Okay so. I've highlighted in green boxes were you got to imagine my bank / inventory was completely full. At the moment it's not, but just so you wouldn't get confused I've marked them in green. And there is no more space except these 2-3 boxes up there but only items like the Apples or 1 Box Objects fit in there. But by right-clicking a weapon you can make it rotate so it will fit perfectly in those boxes allowing you to store more in your inventory / bank. 

Now I'd doubt this will get accepted, as it is probably mean't to be like this. But I decided to speak my mind about it and obviously not be afraid of getting this denied. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

EldevinCityBankSuggestion_zpsdc337bcc.pn

2. Quick Depositing / Withdrawing

Okay well this is the second suggestion that came into my mind, and for quite some time now too. It's quite annoying for me, and my friend. I don't know about the rest of you Eldevians though! But I just hate it when you have you single drag every object out the bank to your inventory or vice-versa. I've tried to deposit apples but instead my character sat down and ate one of them, even though he wasn't hungry, poor bastard. So what this suggestion is that every time you want to deposit an item and you don't want to take forever. Simply holding CTRL + Clicking will fix it. This works with selling items but not with the bank. Now please don't get mad at me if this already exist. I pressed every button on my keyboard and so far nothing happens.

Koslov

Edited by Koslov, 26 January 2014 - 19:49.

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2014 - 19:35

I really love the first suggestion.  Just having more freedom on how to place items in the bags, even when not full.  But I have a feeling this is a lot more work then it appears, so I doubt we'll see anything.

HCS does plan to expand ctrl+click to the bank.  Not sure how they'll determine the correct bag to move items into when several are open.  But they have announced this.  Of course, with everything on their plate already I wouldn't want to take any bets on when.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 Reinstate

Reinstate

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 20:08

I support the first idea 100%. I think that it'll be used. For the second suggestion, sure why not. It'll benefit the players.

#4 kancaras

kancaras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 21:10

weapon rotation - big no. lets not make a classic backpack clumsy and messy just because you are too lazy to swap few apples.

quick deposit - 100% yes. after i found out about quick sell and quick trade i thought its everywhere. i was quite dissapointed after it didnt work in bank. i just ended up consuming a potion from a bank inventory.

#5 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Malta

Posted 26 January 2014 - 21:19

I'd like to thank you guys so far for the comments, nothing to quote except this one.

weapon rotation - big no. lets not make a classic backpack clumsy and messy just because you are too lazy to swap few apples.

quick deposit - 100% yes. after i found out about quick sell and quick trade i thought its everywhere. i was quite dissapointed after it didnt work in bank. i just ended up consuming a potion from a bank inventory.

Alright well, thanks for the input I appreciate it. But it doesn't have to do with swapping a few apples or being lazy at all. It's just saving more space and actually using that space.

I don't know if you notice I used apples as an example, I don't know if you did too but, I can't really add more to this. Just thought I'd make this clear for you and not because people are lazy, but I prefer using the space.
Especially for people who can't buy more backpacks I believe if that's what they call them (?)

Quick Edit: I do not believe it'll be clumsy and messy. It will be clumsy and messy if you make it messy. So being messy and un-organized is totally in your eyes. I believe I would be organized as you place the stuff in your inventory and you have control over them.

Edited by Koslov, 26 January 2014 - 21:22.

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#6 Moltor

Moltor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 22:42

I like the idea of rotating the items. If you don't like the rotation you could always turn it on/off in options. Give players more option to choose and customize game for how they want/like it, same as minimap rotation or quest completed window or simple menus. This won't hurt and will only make game better.

#7 Leoners

Leoners

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:31

Supporting both ideas.

#8 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:05

You can get sacks and have a lot more bag space..  No real need to rotate weapons.. 

#9 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 January 2014 - 17:57

Both ideas are good. I hope they get implemented.

However, I like my idea (http://forums.hunted...&hl=suggestions) better for the 2nd suggestion. Nothing against yours though!

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#10 Koslov

Koslov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Malta

Posted 27 January 2014 - 18:55

Both ideas are good. I hope they get implemented.

However, I like my idea (http://forums.hunted...&hl=suggestions) better for the 2nd suggestion. Nothing against yours though!

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.
As for the second suggestion either mine or yours doesn't matter cause all I want is to quick deposit / withdraw.
Great feedback so far, keep it coming :) 

0_0_zpse03cd7bc.jpg

#11 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:51

I'm not sure I see the need for rotating weapons. Overall, you still have the same number of spaces. If you have to move a few of the extra items that just take up 1 space into another space, then that's just rearranging your backpack. I don't think there's much reason to be able to turn your weapon to face another direction when you could move 3 items and make the same space. 

I'll agree with your second point, I would love to see the CTRL + CLick to transfer between bank items and inventory

#12 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:11

I'm not sure I see the need for rotating weapons. Overall, you still have the same number of spaces. If you have to move a few of the extra items that just take up 1 space into another space, then that's just rearranging your backpack. I don't think there's much reason to be able to turn your weapon to face another direction when you could move 3 items and make the same space.

I'll agree with your second point, I would love to see the CTRL + CLick to transfer between bank items and inventory

Rotation is an interesting idea for bank storage optimisation.

Eg I have a large 7*7 backpack. I can currently only store 6 3*2 items (chest items) here. If I could rotate them freely I could store 8 of these items, saving me 12 spots from another bag and leaving only 1 unused space in my current bag...

It definitely is an interesting idea but may be very ugly to implement 😩

#13 Mithril

Mithril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 17:03

I suggest a different, easier to make thing regarding the 1st point:

Having the organizer have predefined templates.

At the moment the automated organizer sets everything nicely and whatnot, but when you have 10 slots available, you have a damn line to fill up with things just because you want to pickup a pair of boots, or a spear/robe that dropped.
Make it so that we can chose if the remaining spaces are to be clustered  in triangular or rectangular shape on the bottom/top, instead of having to be cinged to a line of stuffs. Sure, that's effective programing the way it is, I can understand, but it's not as practical as it could be.... specialy when considering large sized items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: