Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:35

The 'Gargantuan Mosquitos III' Global Event has now ended. 

The community managed to reach the Crystal Tier and all players who qualified have now received their reward!

Congrats to the players who qualified and also congrats to everyone who made it into the top 100 contributors!

We hope you all really enjoyed it!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:38

My counter must be broke

I spend 12k stam and i only got counted for 4k kills. Wth?

#3 8jose9

8jose9

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:40

I still enjoyed it regardless of what tier we reached. Thanks cows :)

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:43

I thought it went well.  It had a very slow start, but gathered momentum.  It's too bad the community didn't come together a little better and get to the Ruby, but the Crystal is a great box and maybe this is good motivation for everyone for the future. 

Thanks Grim, Hoof and all the HCS team!

#5 kate10

kate10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:47

Weird we were in the ruby tier at the end of the event as a guild and got crystal chests. Something is wrong here

#6 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:49

I think the biggest problem with not getting the ruby`s was new content coming out and several of us (including me) spent our stam hunting and then content came out right after....A warning would have helped i think...RED 

I mean the GLOBAL cam out right after new content.

Edited by BigGrim, 19 February 2014 - 10:14.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:51

My counter must be broke

I spend 12k stam and i only got counted for 4k kills. Wth?

did you happen to have doubler on? maybe from some ketchup? 

#8 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:03

commented deleted - no need to share my misunderstanding -_-

But to contribute something useful to the discussion: I certainly enjoyed the event

Edited by rowbeth, 18 February 2014 - 16:21.

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:12

Weird we were in the ruby tier at the end of the event as a guild and got crystal chests. Something is wrong here

The Ruby Tier wasn't completed it was only around 75% into it.

Note we're working on being able to run Global Events more frequently :)

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:30

Thank you for the chests and nice job by the community. Personally I'd enjoy global events a bit more if there were small drops, inventables , potions , etc from the creatures. It may add a little more enjoyment to the overall event  imo.

Cheers~

#11 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:33

Note we're working on being able to run Global Events more frequently :)

This would be good.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#12 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:34

Was on a small break .. Logged in to see a global event on with just 1 day remaining ... No worries ... I would like to see some different chests if not new events i mean we only get these super pots 2 - 3 times a year so an ocasional tweek would be nice

#13 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:39

I enjoyed it.  What I don't really understand, is why there seemed to be so many players who were complaining about the rewards, and not participating because of it.  I look at it this way:  It's a free game. (you can spend real money if you want, but it IS a free game)  A game by definition is supposed to be challenging, that means that the rewards for any given action should not be overwhelming, but instead, helpful.  My two chests are going to be VERY helpful come the next event ;)  And don't forget the medal.  I know a lot of folk, me included, think that they're no big deal, however, they are something, and at the very least, they show what, and how, you participate in in the game.  

Now, On to the Springtime Forest!

#14 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:47

Thanks for the event! 

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:52

Though I did spend most of the weekend as a Blue Slime trading post thanks to some fantastic FS players that donated them to the Community for free, I'm quite pleased with the Crystal Tier.

I know this part is extremely personal, but it's just my two cents:

Despite my doing a little community thing on the side and 22k hits with no hope for the top 100, I really wanted us to NOT make the Ruby. The major reason for this is the huge number of players who simply do their 5k and stop.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not talking to all of them. In my case, I could care less about the potions. They wouldn't really have done me any good anyway.

I'm just talking about those players that wanted them and thought 5k would be enough. Now maybe they have a bit more incentive for the next time and will do 10k. On the other hand, maybe some of those that bothered to do the 5k won't bother the next time.

That's exactly what makes the GE interesting to me. You really don't know. So maybe those that really wanted them should do "more".

I'm glad the Ruby wasn't made; I've never thought it should be easily achievable. And the question is:

Now that we didn't make it, what are you, personally, going to come up with next time to get us closer? ,oP

Congrats out to everybody! I think we did great (o0

#16 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:01

I know your currently working on guild medals and have an idea on how to tie those in with more global events.

You can have medals tied to:

Guilds qualifying (based on a required kill amount per member of the guild. If the number is 1000 per member and you have 100 members your guild as a total needs 100,000 kills to qualify)

Placing in top 25 for total kills

Placing in top 25 for average kill per member (guild with 10 members gets 100,000 kills has a 10,000 average)

#17 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:02

Yes, I appreciate these events>>>AND<, from my earlier post I did spend over 40k stam hunting new content and accumulated another 25k stam to hunt this event and get top 100, although I did have to burn a conserve 600 pot to do the global.....BUT, it was well worth it..RED

Edited by RED, 18 February 2014 - 17:02.

#18 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:09

Well I bought 1k stam just to make the 5k kills I got... We have been having some nasty snow storms.. So I played while I could.. Power blinked off and on a couple times... 

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:44

@HCS

Could we pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top get a link to the top 100 players? (o0

Thanks!

#20 BabyMad

BabyMad