• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mlinke

mlinke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:13

Right now fusion powder takes too long to farm and gold is not useful after you get your skills/bags or w/e.

Also with a lot of people doing story mode dungeons to level and then using the relics to make armor sets, there isn't as fusion powder around as there should be since story mode hardly ever drops fusion powder.

Making fusion powder cost something like 7 or 8 gold would solve both these problems and give players options. 

This mechanic already exists in the game in the form of the component shopkeeper who sells wool, coal, etc. for gold, so why not not apply this to fusion powder too?

Instead of just grinding/botting certain areas or paying a lot of ep for fusion powder, players could do To3 or TR and get gold.  Or they could do RG/BT story for remnants/fair gems or dungeon for remnants/glims/defs.  Or get valor for glims.

At something like 7 or 8 gold cost fusion powder drops would still mean something and players would still have work for the fusion powder to make gems and work for the gems themselves.  And they could still farm for fusion powder if they want to.  It would also make supporter and loot boosters better and since every player can make gold, it makes it easier for players to get endgame gear.

Edited by mlinke, 10 February 2015 - 02:14.

#2 Solinha

Solinha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:33

Fusion Powder is the only dificult in the game right now. Huntred don't do That!

Edited by M4rd0k, 10 February 2015 - 02:33.

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:36

Like if life was easyer agree leve Fusion powder way it is, Only thing would possiblybe increase in drop %

Till lvl 50 content will Fusion power come in game at easy rate.

Right now Daily  ASV - ARG | Relic's can used buy FP at 5/1  Sub do both  | 100 FP do math right right |

With lvl 50 DGN 3 completed at 5/1 supper easy FP True end game more or less - Lvl 45 cap in party why so hard to obtain.

as not even at end game end game content has more going for it as for as get gem's made. Drop % of DEf - ABS should be more obdiantent.

For now Leve FP wayit is if any thing increase drop %  60 - 100 under 200 per hr if using fullloot boster pure grind.

Even so at thos rate perty low yo even upgrade lower tier gem's.

hight % to drop rate more reasion to upgrade lower gem's.

Sadly lvl 47 news we get for next leve cap icrerase, So lvl 50 some time away why best simple increase drop% of FP>

Edited by redsmokeboy, 10 February 2015 - 04:38.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:06

Right now fusion powder takes too long to farm and gold is not useful after you get your skills/bags or w/e.

Also with a lot of people doing story mode dungeons to level and then using the relics to make armor sets, there isn't as fusion powder around as there should be since story mode hardly ever drops fusion powder.

you can also buy it with relics from dungeons so you can grind story mode for relics and turn them in to the gem hearth for fp.

I think it's supposed to be a bit somewhat difficult to get so players have to work for it and not expect instant results.

I just saved whatever drops I got from the first time I started leveling and while it may not have been as much as some I had over 600fp.  

now when I started playing was pre-steam launch and I didn't rush to level, took my time enjoying the game and leveled as I did quests, dungeons, skills etc.   so I think one issue is that new players want to be 45 in just days so all of a sudden they want all the weapons, gear and gems for their higher level character and expect to have it instantly.

I just made my first ever gem, supreme one for one 1h that was crafted and I'm working on making one more for the other 1h but that will probably take some time so I use another weapon with higher roll on it for now to raise my dps.  I just like more matching 1h's so I'm still going to try to make that other gem. lol.   

that's a lot of fp and gold I'll need so I don't expect it anytime soon as I don't play for tons of hours straight on and my grinding for this doesn't last hours and hours at time but I'm still going to work on it.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#5 mlinke

mlinke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 16:37

you can also buy it with relics from dungeons so you can grind story mode for relics and turn them in to the gem hearth for fp.

I think it's supposed to be a bit somewhat difficult to get so players have to work for it and not expect instant results.

I just saved whatever drops I got from the first time I started leveling and while it may not have been as much as some I had over 600fp.  

now when I started playing was pre-steam launch and I didn't rush to level, took my time enjoying the game and leveled as I did quests, dungeons, skills etc.   so I think one issue is that new players want to be 45 in just days so all of a sudden they want all the weapons, gear and gems for their higher level character and expect to have it instantly.

I just made my first ever gem, supreme one for one 1h that was crafted and I'm working on making one more for the other 1h but that will probably take some time so I use another weapon with higher roll on it for now to raise my dps.  I just like more matching 1h's so I'm still going to try to make that other gem. lol.   

that's a lot of fp and gold I'll need so I don't expect it anytime soon as I don't play for tons of hours straight on and my grinding for this doesn't last hours and hours at time but I'm still going to work on it.

Well i know that you can turn in relics for fp, i do that myself.  But there's two problems with that.  One is that only supporters (which i am) get relics at any decent rate at all.  And two the rate is still pretty slow.  Making fusion powder buyable with gold wouldn't make gems easy as even if you got 20 glims a day, it would still take you over 100 days just to make one perfect.

Responding to Frog, making fusion powder just drop more makes relics to fp kinda worthless and gold would still need more uses for it.  And as you said the 50 cap is probably long away from coming so the 5 relics to 5 fp exchange probably isn't coming any time soon.

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 19:22

You shouldn't be able to get perfect gems in 100 days though. I don't think newer players realise how long and hard some people have worked on their gems. At the moment building gems is the only thing with longevity in the game,

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 February 2015 - 22:12

You shouldn't be able to get perfect gems in 100 days though. I don't think newer players realise how long and hard some people have worked on their gems. At the moment building gems is the only thing with longevity in the game,

Exactly.

Making fusion powder buyable with gold wouldn't make gems easy as even if you got 20 glims a day, it would still take you over 100 days just to make one perfect.

You are trying to make perfects easy, thats not the point. Most players shouldn't be able to get even a pure in 100 days.

#8 mlinke

mlinke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 00:48

Exactly.

You are trying to make perfects easy, thats not the point. Most players shouldn't be able to get even a pure in 100 days.

Exactly how would perfects be easy?  The point I was trying to make is that they would still be very hard to make, even getting 20 glimmerings worth of the same gem isn't enough to get you one perfect in 100 days, not to mention the immense gold costs you would need.  You think grinding over 4k gold and 20 glims of the same type every day is easy?  My main point is this game needs a gold sink of some sort. Fusion powder is kinda half baked as it is right now, either it shouldn't be tradeable or it should be buyable with gold. 

Edited by mlinke, 11 February 2015 - 00:52.

#9 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:49

Well i know that you can turn in relics for fp, i do that myself.  But there's two problems with that.  One is that only supporters (which i am) get relics at any decent rate at all.  And two the rate is still pretty slow.  Making fusion powder buyable with gold wouldn't make gems easy as even if you got 20 glims a day, it would still take you over 100 days just to make one perfect.

Responding to Frog, making fusion powder just drop more makes relics to fp kinda worthless and gold would still need more uses for it.  And as you said the 50 cap is probably long away from coming so the 5 relics to 5 fp exchange probably isn't coming any time soon.

i guess, I am not a supporter so everything that involves relics always took longer for me so maybe I just figured everything is going to take a long time anyway lol.

also I guess I don't expect to make the highest tier gems out there.  I was surprised I was able to even make the one supreme I have put on one of my 1h's atm.   I used gems I saved, all my fp and practically all the gold I had lol.   I"m sure there is some better way to do it but being I'm not a pro I just went to the gem hearth and kept making gems till I had what I needed to finish up and get the one supreme.

there is a place that most know is a good grinding place for fp.  unfortunatly not sure what happens having only 3 servers and one area each when more then one players goes there wanting to grind fp.   players can't spot claim as far as I know ( since most games have this rule) and while I haven't yet used this area I was wondering how players are fairing with these spots as I expect some may be camping out to grind it or maybe that's not the right word, spending long hours grinding it maybe lol

on gold issues, totally agree gold should have more uses.  seems like everything that can be obtained in game is sold only for those willing to spend ep on it and leaves players who may not have ep or want to spend real cash (ep) on items we obtain in game.

Edited by Blissy, 12 February 2015 - 08:50.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#10 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:00

If it were ever purchasable it should only be with loyalty points and then it should be something ridiculous like 100 loayalty to buy 1 point...

As ernzor said, fusing up gems should require some time and effort, not be handed out with a gift wrapped bow for those who can afford to buy their way to a perfect.

#11 CurveS

CurveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:22

Gems and fusion powder are the most perfectly balanced thing in the game, requiring effort and providing fun. Please don't try to change the entire game because YOU don't put in the effort to get a gem worthy of a player who does.

#12 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 13:14

When I began playing, I had no idea what fusion powder was for, so I sold them all at a vendor. :huh: I thought they made a nice profit.  :P I must have sold several hundreds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: