Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 20:49

PYRAMUS

What is PYRAMUS ? - I'd never heard of the word so ran to google - and I discover Pyramus was one half of a doomed babylonian relationship. Culture from HCS ? - Surely I must be mistaken ? - they're known for games like Fallensword, Sigmastorm and the up-coming Eldevin on the PC platform and Tank Battle, Civil War & Battle Dungeon on the iphone/ipad platform.

OK, so the name isn't connected to the Babylonian Romeo and Juliet. Thank heavens for that. 

What we have is a game that is, on very first impressions, reminiscent of that old arcade classic, Asteroids.

Thankfully, that's not accurate either. Its a real time space combat game with multiple types of space ship that either battle solo or en-masse, utilising each others strengths and covering each others weaknesses. An example being, gunships have weapons but are relatively weak, armour wise. To keep them "alive" and working for you, you need to liase with your support vessel, which has a "healing ray" which regenerates their shields, allowing them back into combat.

The tutorial holds your hands pretty well ...

Mission 1 : Navigate a gunship from point A to point B
Mission 2 : Use the gunship to destroy 3 inert targets
Mission 3 : Use the destroyer to destroy live targets
Mission 4 : Use your support vessel and gunship in harmony to safely navigate through the dangerous Nebula

Once you've completed this tuturial, it's all systems go.

You then start on the Terran Coalition campaign, of which there are 10 missions - each successive one being unlocked by the completion of its predeccesor. Complete this and you can then fight as the Korthan Empire for another 10 missions.

All in all, a fun way of spending some time. It has a special, 50% off, introductory price - so, spend your dollar and give it a whirl.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: