• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 21:04

You have to remove XP from a player to gain a tick for the PvP DQ.

As such, you will not get a hit registered IF the target has PvP Protection active. You will open yourself up to a 'possible' bounty in that circumstance though.

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 May 2019 - 21:17

You have to remove XP from a player to gain a tick for the PvP DQ.

As such, you will not get a hit registered IF the target has PvP Protection active. You will open yourself up to a 'possible' bounty in that circumstance though.

Yeah, PvP protection also makes a player ineligible to receive PvP Prestige from (yes, I know this is grammatically incorrect).  Also, if you are using Conserve for the DQ, and it kicks in, you will not receive the tick, so don't bother with it...  (That's the guy that will probably bounty you, then some troll boy/girl will 100 stam you to kingdom come)

The rules for the DQ are the same as the rules for Prestige, EXCEPT for the 3 day restriction in frequency.  If that ever gets added for the DQ, 99% of us will no longer be able to do that DQ.....  

Edited by BadPenny, 04 May 2019 - 21:21.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 May 2019 - 00:31

wondering if the dq works on players who have xp protection ? 

.  (That's the guy that will probably bounty you, then some troll boy/girl will 100 stam you to kingdom come)

As they have a right to do ,if you get hit ,you can place a bounty ,and anyone can do that bounty ,be it 10  stam or 100 stam ,and the troll boy /girls seems to only 100 stam those that he /shefeels needs it 

Edited by activeh1, 05 May 2019 - 00:33.

5aZzW0p.png,

#24 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:18

I guess 100 stamming everyone didn't last very long after all.......LOL

Screenshot everything!

#25 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:24

In many threads, across many years, I have argued against this.

I have said this is akin to fishermen, who, having exhausted the stocks of fish in their waters, argue for bigger nets, or ones with smaller holes so they can catch more fish to boost their catch.

All it does in the end is exhaust supply and kill off the stocks.

HCS, based in Elgin, should appreciate the analogy, I think.

If the fishermen get what they want, they fish well for a few seasons, then the well runs dry again. And they argue again for wider nets, always more so they can keep catching their fish. Even as the fish stocks die off, and in the end the fishermen destroy their own industry.

This has happened. Scotland has the largest fishing reserves in Europe. French and Spanish fishermen are desperate to come into our waters to fish, because their own waters are barren. Odd, that.

PvP players in this thread all think it would be a good idea to spread the ranges, widen the nets.

I'm sure it would be good for you, for a while.

I leave it to HCS to decide if they can risk the hit to their dwindling player reserves.

Edited by Belaric, 06 May 2019 - 04:25.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:11

I have said this is akin to fishermen, who, having exhausted the stocks of fish in their waters, argue for bigger nets, or ones with smaller holes so they can catch more fish to boost their catch.

If the fishermen get what they want, they fish well for a few seasons, then the well runs dry again. And they argue again for wider nets, always more so they can keep catching their fish. Even as the fish stocks die off, and in the end the fishermen destroy their own industry.

This has happened. Scotland has the largest fishing reserves in Europe. French and Spanish fishermen are desperate to come into our waters to fish, because their own waters are barren. Odd, that.

PvP players in this thread all think it would be a good idea to spread the ranges, widen the nets.

I leave it to HCS to decide if they can risk the hit to their dwindling player reserves.

If this was just the case for random PvP, for prestige, or gold harvesting, I would agree.  But more and more there are very few, if any, targets for a PvP DQ.  When the DQ first began, you could hit anybody who had logged in in the past 30 days, but that is no longer the case.  Now, the cap is 7 days, and those of us in the middle ranges invariably have to hit somebody at least twice to meet the DQ requirement, if we have a target at all.  I understand this was changed so that "active" meant the same across the board, whether for a DQ, Prestige, or GvG.  Currently, a Prestige target is only viable every 3rd day.  What then, if the DQ is changed to meet those same limitations?  

I can understand skipping a DQ because of personal choice, but when you have to skip it because of an unavailability for your particular level (or in this case range) this is kind of unfair.  

If the ranges shouldn't be changed, for whatever reason, then the quests for the DQ need to be reworked so that one only has to skip it by choice, not by circumstance.

Edited by BadPenny, 06 May 2019 - 06:13.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:01

So today, I am fortunate enough to have 3 targets that qualify for my 10 hit PvP DQ.  So, I will have to visit  each 3 times, and another a 4th.  Many players, especially those long opposed to PvP, see this as a personal affront.  Kinda makes the ranges a bit untenable as far as the DQ goes.  Now, this is just my opinion, but however it's done, the PvP ranges need an adjustment for the higher levels.  The current ranges were set in 2008, and at that time EoC was far lower than it is today, and the player base was way larger as well.  FS needs to adapt to current conditions, or I fear this aspect of the game will eventually be lost to us forever.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#28 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:32

hence we come back to the simple solution a dq re roll option one each day ,no different options just a simple re roll and live with what you get

if its worse then you live with it 

keeping it simple with no complications

Edited by activeh1, 16 May 2019 - 10:33.

5aZzW0p.png,

#29 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 19:15

I am against increasing the ranges. Refer to Belaric's post for my reason.

#30 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 May 2019 - 23:18

tbh how many players are out there just smashing away at others cause they can ,i think i could count them all one my 2 hands,increasing it wont increase the pvpers hitting they will hit  even if they dont .

5aZzW0p.png,

#31 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 May 2019 - 23:26

tbh im kinda getting tired of everyone saying dont hit me ,you cant do that ,folks its a PVP game ,trying to say its wrong and not normal is just silly .

1 'fs is a pvp game (so you will get hit)

2 its allowed if you get bountied on a dq hit 

3 its allowed  if you get 100 stammed while on board 

4 its ok if you yell and scream about it 

5 its ok if i laugh at you 

6 its a game 

Edited by activeh1, 20 May 2019 - 04:04.

5aZzW0p.png,

#32 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:42

If this was just the case for random PvP, for prestige, or gold harvesting, I would agree.  But more and more there are very few, if any, targets for a PvP DQ.  When the DQ first began, you could hit anybody who had logged in in the past 30 days, but that is no longer the case.  Now, the cap is 7 days, and those of us in the middle ranges invariably have to hit somebody at least twice to meet the DQ requirement, if we have a target at all.  I understand this was changed so that "active" meant the same across the board, whether for a DQ, Prestige, or GvG.  Currently, a Prestige target is only viable every 3rd day.  What then, if the DQ is changed to meet those same limitations?  

I can understand skipping a DQ because of personal choice, but when you have to skip it because of an unavailability for your particular level (or in this case range) this is kind of unfair.  

If the ranges shouldn't be changed, for whatever reason, then the quests for the DQ need to be reworked so that one only has to skip it by choice, not by circumstance.

It's been a while my DQ is Defeat 3 active players in normal PvP one and worth doing.

Just found out this change today, after some players lost experiences for nothing :( :( :(  whose active less than 30 days but more than 7 days.

#33 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:02

Keeping it at +/- 10 will have the exact same effect, heck it's already been for the last 6-7 years, I have seen MANY, MANY pvpers leave the game due to the limitations that weren't adapted for. PvP and GvG hasn't been updated in a while, in that meanwhile, more content has been introduced for levellers, more titans have been introduced, more buffs have been introduced, even the arena got a few changes. It's PvP's turn for an update now.

Besides, it isn't all bad for levellers either if this new range is implemented, looking at one of BP's earlier posts, she had to hit the same targets 3 times and 1 target for 4 times to get her DQ in, imagine you are one of those targets, instead of being hit 3/4 times in 1 day you'll only be hit once, because there would be a much wider range of people.

So, to conclude this short post, PLEASE increase the ranges, the higher level I go the more my viable DQ targets start t decrease, I'm currently at 8 targets within the last 7 days, with one of them being my own guildmate, and I'm still relatively low in level.

#34 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 18:57

The only solution is to increase the number of active players, or at least prevent the decline. The app, once released, may or may not help with this. Fixing the DQs, or to be specific, make the rewards more worthwhile and allow for re-rolls. In order for a player to be considered active, they need to log in at least once every 7 days, even if it is for the one-page load. Something needs to be implemented or improved to make this happen.

#35 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 19:01

Besides, it isn't all bad for levellers either if this new range is implemented, looking at one of BP's earlier posts, she had to hit the same targets 3 times and 1 target for 4 times to get her DQ in, imagine you are one of those targets, instead of being hit 3/4 times in 1 day you'll only be hit once, because there would be a much wider range of people.

Playing devil's advocate, but this would allow more PvPers to target you.

#36 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 19:27

Playing devil's advocate, but this would allow more PvPers to target you.

With all due respect dear, there's not that many of us left.  Those that weren't driven from the game in the early years, that have stuck it out, are sparsely scattered throughout the ranges, all the way to EoC.  And I can't tell you when the last time I saw somebody (besides me) in my bracket holding enough gold to target anyway.  The only other reason for PvP these days is vengeance, (and on the BB, levels don't matter as far as the hunter is concerned) Prestige, or that pesky DQ.  This isn't 2009-2010 when at any given hour of the day there are 1-2K players online and active.  On a good day (say during a seasonal event) 300-500 is a stretch near as I can tell.  

It's funny, when the range was expanded at 200+, I was almost there, I actually crossed that line when that was a new concept.  That was in late 2008 or early 2009 if my memory serves me correctly.....  EoC was definitely less than 1k then, and the ranges worked as hoof intended them to.  Now, EoC is better than quadruple that, and the active population is probably a quarter of the population of that time.  FS has changed, and EVERY OTHER aspect of the game has evolved and gotten updates at least once, if not more.  It's time for the PvP aspect of the game to get a facelift, too, so that this game can remain healthy.  

As always, this is just a silly old woman's opinion, but I don't think I'm alone in this......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 31 May 2019 - 00:21

FS has changed, and EVERY OTHER aspect of the game has evolved and gotten updates at least once, if not more.  It's time for the PvP aspect of the game to get a facelift, too, so that this game can remain healthy.  

As always, this is just a silly old woman's opinion, but I don't think I'm alone in this......

hell yes penny

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:27

In all honesty, we are trying to revive a dying game. Increasing the PvP ranges or making it open will please one group of players while another group will get upset and might leave. It is impossible to make everyone happy, and I would think HCS would side with the majority. A simple question to ask, how many true levelers, ones that never PvP, not even for DQ or prestige, agree that increasing the ranges is a good idea?

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:58

In all honesty, we are trying to revive a dying game. Increasing the PvP ranges or making it open will please one group of players while another group will get upset and might leave. It is impossible to make everyone happy, and I would think HCS would side with the majority. A simple question to ask, how many true levelers, ones that never PvP, not even for DQ or prestige, agree that increasing the ranges is a good idea?

You see, therein the problem lies.  So-called "true levelers" have historically tried to eliminate PvP from the game entirely, until it's become a watered down version of the fun aspect it once was.  FS was a PvP game from the start and many took any PvP activity as a personal affront.   What really irritates me is that the so-called "true levelers" get consistent updates and upgrades.  PvP gets nothing except the ladder which excludes that sector from the rest of the game (I ALWAYS believed that to be a bad move) , and the failed Seasons.  Everything else seems to be done to appease the so-called true leveler, and that has made a really fun part of the game something boring and stale.  Even Pillow fighting (GvG) has become almost unsustainable, and a source of complaints from the "true leveler" sector.  

PvP in all forms has reached its EoC.  It's way past time for new content for it.  It's blatantly unfair for one sector of the community to be ignored like PvP has been consistently for a decade.

Hoof, if you're listening, please, let's have some fairness back in FS.  Look at some of the ideas, such as Rye's innovative PvP GE event idea; revise seasons and bring it back for a second run; address the fact that many of us have few if any active targets for regular PvP.  This is just one of many suggestions, pleas or what have you just in recent times.  I know the app is important, but this is too...

#end rant

Edited by BadPenny, 31 May 2019 - 11:04.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:55

so what you are saying is that one section of the game should be forgotten  just to please theses so called true levels ,how is this fair ?

As penny stated this has being a pvp game since it was started,when wait for it eoc was lev 50 ,now eoc is lev 4050 ,but pvp has not changed ,dont you think the levelers have had enough attention over last 10 years ?

we all know im all for pvp ,hell ive proberly hit most of you in game or on board ,changing the range isnt going to stop me from doing that ,will it make me hit more players ,proberly but thats what the board is for ,

saying that players will leave game if they get hit by others is just a silly statement ,i think most players over lev 50 know that at some stage they will get hit .whats next remove the pvp quests fron the dq cause it increases the chance of the true levelers to be hit 

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: