JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2020 - 17:30

Hi Tilley,

Thank you for your continued feedback on this section of the game! We can use all of this to better improve combat in future updates!

The app doesn’t list out what buffs/enhancements activated (Anti Deflect, Barricade, Severe Condition, & Dark Curse) it just says “4”. The ones that activate are crucial to knowing if you need to change your setup/buffs. We need to be able to see what activates.

The Buffs/Enhancements that are activated at the start of combat can be displayed by clicking on the arrow to the right of the "Enhancements Activated!" text (not sure why this arrow is so close to the text, this in itself is an issue that I will look into). There can often be a large number of Buffs/Enhancements cast at the start of combat so we decided to hide them behind a drop down. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it may not be the most obvious design choice here so we can look into a better method of doing this!

It also states that Tilley10 gained Reinforced Armor – this is incorrect. Reinforced Armor activated for the person that was attacked, very misleading.

Thank you for pointing this out. This is just a display issue and has now been fixed, expect it to display correctly in the next update! If you see any other display issues like this, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

I am more than happy to be a resource to provide further feedback on the PvP side of the app. You can PM me in game or continue to respond to this thread. I still use the browser for most actions but the app has the potential to be VERY convenient to use for PvP. Thank you again for your work on this.

Thank you Tilley, I really appreciate your feedback on this and will look into solutions for your concerns. Should have a better combat experience in the next update as a result!

Conix :)

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 June 2020 - 18:09

Just wanted to let you guys know I did my inventing DQ in 8 minutes on the app....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:59

Just wanted to let you guys know I did my inventing DQ in 8 minutes on the app....  

Nice!

I'm glad you are using the app to complete your daily quests! I hope you continue to do so and enjoy completing quests using it!

#24 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:00

This never loaded after attacking someone.

Hi Tilley,

I actually found the reason for this and have implemented a fix. Will be available in the next update :)

#25 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 14:17

It doesn’t list the PvP rating gain/loss while using the app on either screen. Can this be added?

#26 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 16:42

A couple of things on the image below:

I activated conserve but it says the defender saved stam, this is incorrect. I saved the stam as the attacker who activated conserve.

Defender didn’t have deflect, so why did I activate Anti Deflect? I got worried that they buffed with Deflect (they didn’t).

Attached Thumbnails

• 64FEC76A-A9E3-4203-A721-3035C875A4F6.jpeg

#27 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2020 - 17:37

Hi Tilley,

Thank you for reporting these additional combat display issues. I can confirm that they are actually only display issues and the effects are applied to the correct players. This has now been fixed my side and will be available in the next update! Please keep these issues coming as you discover them! I really appreciate your help here! :)

As for the PvP rating gain/loss information you have requested. I have passed this along to GreyNight who is going to look for a space to fit it in his design! :) 

Thanks again for all your feedback on this newest update!

~ Conix :)

#28 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 13:14

The app won’t let you join an arena if 1 guild member has joined. Not following the 25% rule (I was able to join via browser).

#29 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:19

The app won’t let you join an arena if 1 guild member has joined. Not following the 25% rule (I was able to join via browser).

Oops, yup, you are right. Limit was set to 1 my side, not 25%... Has been fixed now and the limit of 25% respected in the next update. 

Thanks Tilley :)

#30 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:24

Just a few general remarks, if I need to be in another thread please let me know... been a while since I have been on the forums.

Invites to players that joined via the app is not working. Got several responses from players that they did not see/get the actual invite.

But in general, the app really looks beautiful, it has a really sleek look compared to the first version. However I feel the app starts in the wrong area, it should not be the map, it should be the player's profile and all the communication around it. Interaction with other players (which makes this game strong) should be more prominent.

Yes, world chat is there, but that chat is not even half so important than pm's and guild chat.

Speaking of the latter, please implement something that encourages/directs new app players toward a guild. If you want to keep those new players, they need guidance, and the best place to get that is guilds.

Just my 2 cents.

#31 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 18:41

Another thing that needs fixing is the lower realms, while that may not look important in combination with the app, it actually is. App players get lost easily. They cannot find the maps they need to be and it is hard to explain they need to be in a level 40 map to kill a level 42 monster.

Browser players can have an extra tab open with the guide to check where they need to be. App players cannot.

Players that get stuck, do not stick around!

#32 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 17:50

Hi Morgwyn, thanks for the feedback, appreciate that.

The guild view page is indeed broken for players that are not in a guild yet and it ends up blocking the request join button. I've already fixed it in our test build, but the fix will be available for players in the next app update release, as a work around, please use the browser for guild requests.

We are also working on a new tutorial, that will cover several UI/Realm areas, so thanks for that feedback as well.

About your last post that players would get lost, that's a bit more challenging and might involve some change in game design, I'll bring that up with the guys, we are constantly working on quality of life enhancements, so thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for all the input, please feel free to provide feedback anything, no matter how small it might seem.

#33 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:02

got these errors during the end of the event hunt

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20200706-221256.png

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:05

Edited by RebornJedi, 08 July 2020 - 03:08.

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:07

this was the first error I was getting before messing around with reloading app (didn't always work) or other locations in the app or web browser...

this happened a handful of times throughout my hunt of 24,000 stamina

***having a tough time with these Attach Files and posting/editing.. sorry

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20200706-224214~3.png

Edited by RebornJedi, 08 July 2020 - 03:09.

#36 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:52

Hi Morgwyn, thanks for the feedback, appreciate that.

The guild view page is indeed broken for players that are not in a guild yet and it ends up blocking the request join button. I've already fixed it in our test build, but the fix will be available for players in the next app update release, as a work around, please use the browser for guild requests.

We are also working on a new tutorial, that will cover several UI/Realm areas, so thanks for that feedback as well.

About your last post that players would get lost, that's a bit more challenging and might involve some change in game design, I'll bring that up with the guys, we are constantly working on quality of life enhancements, so thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for all the input, please feel free to provide feedback anything, no matter how small it might seem.

Thanks for commenting!

***edit***

Removed unneeded comment.

Edited by Morgwyn, 08 July 2020 - 14:07.

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 July 2020 - 13:47

Hi there.

No, you were informed you need to create an HCS account in the browser then link to it in the app.

~ Grim

#38 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 13:55

Hi there.

No, you were informed you need to create an HCS account in the browser then link to it in the app.

~ Grim

Not how I read it, but let's not discuss ticket details on forum. I do not want to get banned. :P

**edit***

It finally got through to me what you meant in the ticket BG, apologies for my slow understanding lol

Edited by Morgwyn, 08 July 2020 - 14:06.

#39 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:34

Auction house section. Descending/Ascending icon does nothing under the "My Auctions" and "My Bids" section. It does however work correctly under "List Auctions".

#40 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 16:49

Auction house section. Descending/Ascending icon does nothing under the "My Auctions" and "My Bids" section. It does however work correctly under "List Auctions".

Thanks for letting us know, the sorting in general for those 2 tabs seem broken, will fix that and it will be working in the next build.

Update on that: sorting should work if the panel is closed then reopened, since it remembers the last sorting choice. The issue has been fixed in our test build and will be available in the next build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: