• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Thomdor

Thomdor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 23:38

I didnt find this suggestion in the Frequent suggestion topic. Many forged items have nowdays almost zero value, since epic or other legendary items are available cheaper than they used to and are in more abundence. E.g. Lord Valks items FF about 3 FSP or less to buy. Its quite sad to see that items someone invested into and fully forged got replaced by others making those first items cost alsmost nothing, are almost unsellable.

Introducing the possibility to extract forge levels / return back after forged - for some percentage of original forging cost would rise again the price of the forged, though less-useful, items. And perhaps instead of selling them, one would rather choose to extract forge levels from them and then fragment them.

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:31

Hi there.

Sorry, don't see this being implemented.

~ Grim

#3 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:41

you used to be able to etract the fsp from forged items when the game first started then they swapped it for the current way

#4 Thomdor

Thomdor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 14:59

It wouldnt have to be FSPs. E.g. you could extract from a forged item some residual value in gold depending on how much forge lvl it has. Just some additional value for forged stuff. Then there would be some motivation to buy in AH forged but otherwise useless items.

Or the forged items could provide more when decomposed.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2017 - 15:33

Hi there.

Again, I'm afraid I do not see this happening I'm afraid.

~ Grim

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 22:21

Might help get more fsps in the game that have been slowly dwindling.

#7 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 22:21

What about "some ritual" to move part of the invested FSP from one FF/Crafted item to another? It would work like the Apocalypse (in X-men), but with a cost varying from 0 to 1.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2017 - 22:36

What about "some ritual" to move part of the invested FSP from one FF/Crafted item to another? It would work like the Apocalypse (in X-men), but with a cost varying from 0 to 1.

In many games I play, one can "dismantle" outgrown eepuipment and sacrifice a small amount of stat value, and transfer what's left to the new item.  However, these games are set up with no player to player commerce, so such provisioning would change the FS economy in that sense, if not destroy it entirely.  So, unfortunately, this type of thing wouldn't work for FS.   As Hades said, though, originally we were able to "unforge" an item and get back the invested FSP, I can't remember whether there was a sacrifice involved there but it seems to me that there would have been.  Not sure why it was changed, but I imagine it was because we have unscrupulous players that will exploit anything they can.  Good for Hoof for closing a loophole, bad for us with outgrown FF equipment that nobody wants, for whatever reason (guild tagging)

Edited by BadPenny, 13 November 2017 - 22:37.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 00:18

For those who don't know. When the game first started. You could extract half of the forge cost on items. Thus if it was fully forged. You could only get two FSP back. If it was only forged once you could Not withdraw any. They changed the game. I don't to see them change it back. It's fine the way it is

#10 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:18

We got composing haha you just get a few extra frags :P

#11 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:44

Hi there.

Again, I'm afraid I do not see this happening I'm afraid.

~ Grim

cant you folks read ???????

5aZzW0p.png,

#12 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:24

For those who don't know. When the game first started. You could extract half of the forge cost on items. Thus if it was fully forged. You could only get two FSP back. If it was only forged once you could Not withdraw any. They changed the game. I don't to see them change it back. It's fine the way it is

I am pretty sure it used to cost 10 fsp per forge so cost 50 fsp to max when the game first started and then yiu could get back 25 fsp back on a item its one reason why everything held its value

#13 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:34

Edited by cucullainn, 16 November 2017 - 02:01.

#14 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:47

we are both wrong. I did not realize what I had posted. Either way it was only 50% back when you unforged something. I think it's always been 10 fsp to fully forward something. I don't know why I said you only get back two if it was fully forged I meant five.

I don't ever remember in my life it being 50 fsp to fully Forged something. You're dreaming

no it was 50 fsp i remember it well cause i wanted the plauge set and couldnt afford it there was no gold costs just fsp

and thankfully google is your friend found on a forum post from april 2007

If you Hell Forge an item, and then later decide you didn’t want to do it, then you can also Extract Flame from the Hell Forged item. This will give you back 50% of the FSPs you used to Hell Forge the item initially. Therefore, if you have a single item fully Hell Forged and you Extract Flame to remove all the upgrades, you’ll get back 25 of the 50 FSPs it cost to fully upgrade it.

Edited by hades8840, 15 November 2017 - 12:51.

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 20:45

Edited by cucullainn, 16 November 2017 - 02:00.

#16 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 22:30

Hey Hoof, maybe you could give us the Correct Knowledge ;)

Edited by cucullainn, 16 November 2017 - 01:55.

#17 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 23:33

there are serveral posts within this forum dated 2009 and before that which have players stating the cost of forging was 50fsp just like i remember plus a forum off this game from one of the old guilds saying how much forging was ...so i will stick to the cost being 50fsp per item like it was back then need some of the old guilds look at there old records if they havent been edited ..alot of this forum was lost when they swapped over but hoof will have the info to hand no doubt somewhere its why it was changed as 50 fsp was way too much to pay

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 23:43

NVM

Edited by cucullainn, 16 November 2017 - 01:56.

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:07

You know what I don't care if your right or wrong. All I know is when you extracted the flame you only got half of the fsp that went into the item. 10. Not counting the cost. So even if it did cost you 50 on top of, or less. Then however much else it was. You only got back half of the 10 that was In the item. You only have to read three or four post between December of 06 and September of 07 to figure it out If you can't read. Maybe you should get someone else to read it to you

I can read very well thankyou ...

but your right you did only get half of your investment back each level of hellforge cost 10fsp and you gained 1 stat per level so lvl 5 was 50fsp with a refund of 25fsp if you extracted the flame ..this forum isnt the easest to search you have to manually go through posts so far back but there is a fair few with statements like this ..

in the older days, helforing cost 10fsp per lvl and it gave you 1stat point on each stat

no it cost 2fsp for each upgrade and tons of gold

as for the crafting one,, it would be nice of corse but lets not push our lucks :D

heck is even one from me on a shardoom posting from 2010 saying about the old costs

also taken from radnetos official thread when they changed hellforging back in july 2007

cant direct quote wont let me but from matto

""

I think you looked too closely at my lvl and gold before objectively reading my post.

At my lvl, it would cost me about 500k and 2 fsps to fully hell-forge 1 item. With 500k i can buy 20-25 fsps. Currently, it costs 50 fsps to forge an item to the same degree, but you can extract 25 fsps whenever you want. The new system won't allow this. Think about it, in the end, the new system will cost MORE, especially once you get over lvl 200, and you can't get anything back from it. Where's the sense in that?""

another one same official thread

Dark Developer

Veteran

FALLEN SWORD

Vanul

Level 2,058

View Profile

• 6_small.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 503 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 23:12

This is a great idea but I wanna know if we would be receiving our full FSP back for the Hellforged items i.e. 50 FSP returned for a fully forged item. Is there a chance the system could glitch and we would lose our FSP because right now I have 21 items fully forged so 21*50=1050 and I wouldn't want to lose all that FSP.

Edited by hades8840, 16 November 2017 - 00:22.

#20 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:23

i cant see what the debate is here..

it dont matter what the cost WAS or IS to forge an item, grim has spoken it 

it aint gonna be changing to where we get a refund on junk items that have been forged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: