Photo

Returning to a guild

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Returning to a Guild (33 member(s) have cast votes)

What should happen when a player leaves a guild?

1. The Guild should loose all Contributed XP for that player. (25 votes [75.76%])

Percentage of vote: 75.76%

2. The Guild should loose a portion of the Contributed XP. (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. The Guild should keep all XP. (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. I don't care / other (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

What should happen when a player returns to a guild?

1. The Guild and player should not get any Contributed XP back. (24 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. The Guild should get the XP back but not the player. (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

3. Both Guild and player should get the Contrib XP back. (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

4. Only a portion of the XP should be returned. (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

5. I don't care / other (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 22 January 2016 - 22:22

This may have been brought up in the past but I thought I would bring it to light and see what others think.

The way things work right now, you can be with a guild for a while and earn 1 million contrib XP for the guild.  If a friend needs your help in another guild, when you leave the guild looses all of that XP.  When you return, the XP still shows in Guild Adviser but your progress goes back to 0 and the Guild does not get any of the XP back.

I am fine with the player's personal progress being reset but I think the Guild XP should reflect the total in Adviser.

Alternately, if a player has been in a guild for a very long time but then decides to leave, why can't the guild keep a portion of the experience? (not sure if I like this idea but just throwing it out there)

One big issue has always been if a very high level player joins a guild for a few months and racks up a LOT of XP for that guild but then decides to leave, this can drop the guild many levels in an instant and leave that guild in a big hole to try to get back to where they were before.  I have also recently seen one of the top guilds drop multiple levels when one of the top contributing players was banned.  Regardless of what the player did or didn't do, the Guild paid the price there.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2016 - 23:25

This may have been brought up in the past but I thought I would bring it to light and see what others think.

The way things work right now, you can be with a guild for a while and earn 1 million contrib XP for the guild.  If a friend needs your help in another guild, when you leave the guild looses all of that XP.  When you return, the XP still shows in Guild Adviser but your progress goes back to 0 and the Guild does not get any of the XP back.

I am fine with the player's personal progress being reset but I think the Guild XP should reflect the total in Adviser.

Alternately, if a player has been in a guild for a very long time but then decides to leave, why can't the guild keep a portion of the experience? (not sure if I like this idea but just throwing it out there)

One big issue has always been if a very high level player joins a guild for a few months and racks up a LOT of XP for that guild but then decides to leave, this can drop the guild many levels in an instant and leave that guild in a big hole to try to get back to where they were before.  I have also recently seen one of the top guilds drop multiple levels when one of the top contributing players was banned.  Regardless of what the player did or didn't do, the Guild paid the price there.

I've voted (as, it seems, has the majority) with the first option in each - i.e. player leaves, guild loses that persons GXP - and if that player rejoins, they start from scratch again. 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 23:39

Heck to the no... I don't want to promote guild hopping... That would destroy the point of guilds...

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:15

Wish this poll was public... bet the only votes in favor would be travelling composers/guild hoppers. Which thank god is the MINORITY.

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:27

I voted against changing. Otherwise you are right, I would guild hop with abandon. I think OP's intention is good but because of how composing works, this would be very bad for the game. there has to be a penalty for leaving your guild

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:32

I would like to create a place where you could see the Guild's XP before they lost that player, a place not considered to the actual Top Guild Rating, just a place where you could look to see it.

Just like we have the Guild XP Lock we have now ...Yeah, it's done already lol

No, the intention is good, but we are not the best players on the world, I'm 100% sure we all will try to find the biggest loophole to abuse it =P

#7 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:40

If you really don't like hoppers/ travelling imposters initiate gvgs v them remember they have to be ranked to tag items :)

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:12

Voted #1 for both.

Guild hopping is bad mmmkay?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:17

If you really don't like hoppers/ travelling imposters initiate gvgs v them remember they have to be ranked to tag items :)

Yea? See how fast HCS bans you... You've been warned.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:18

Voted #1 for both.

Guild hopping is bad mmmkay?

*South park classroom* Yes Mr. Mackeyyyyyyy

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:31

Yea? See how fast HCS bans you... You've been warned.

Lol Didn't happen that way one day the truth will win...Cannot be banned for playing the game within the rules...and in gvg you cannot target a player hourly or daily or even weekly...

Edited by zizzwyly, 23 January 2016 - 06:35.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:33

Lol Didn't happen that way one day the truth will win...Cannot be banned for playing the game within the rules...and in gvg you cannot target a player hourly or daily or even weekly...

It's a dark and unknown world out there :)... Although its a great world to live in where everyone is entitled their own opinion... FYI harrasment is against HCS rules... They can step in and stop it they've done it for PvP why not GvG :). Cheers i'm gonna go enjoy this event.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 January 2016 - 07:34.

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 16:23

Would be nice but it wouldn't help the game in my opinion. Players, in the singular, have to have some kind of power. The fact that their contributed Guild XP disappears when they leave a Guild gives them a little of this. Guild XP being removed when a player leaves should, I hope, mean that Guilds provide for players within their ranks to prevent player departure. It's just a little incentive to strive towards the essence of what a guild should be.

Cheers.

wil72

#14 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 19:13

voted #1 on both..would make a sham of the game and guilds..not good..travelling composers guild hopping should have never been allowed to begin with

Edited by yodamus, 23 January 2016 - 19:14.

#15 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 January 2016 - 23:12

Yep, I'm with the majority.

As an observation, there are an awful lot of guilds advertising for members, which would point to this being a widespread problem.  Maybe not with members in the hundreds of millions of xp leaving, but certainly a slow bleeding out of other members.       Maybe a follow up poll, something in the nature of:  "What do you look for in a guild?"

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2016 - 23:29

Maybe a follow up poll, something in the nature of:  "What do you look for in a guild?"

A lot, perhaps the majority, (of lower levels, I should add, for the most part)  nowadays expect EVERYTHING being given to them - buffs, gear, potions AND to be paid for GvG and such.

Perhaps a lot of guilds are the architects of their own demise in actually providing EVERYTHING for players ?

Edited by Pardoux, 23 January 2016 - 23:33.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2016 - 23:31

My guild sucks, I have to buy everything myself. :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 00:30

My guild sucks, I have to buy everything myself. :(

You ought to yell at the GF for that! haha... Ah wait  :huh:

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 January 2016 - 00:30.

#19 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 19:09

I have spent  a lot of time looking at guilds, those advertising for new members.

I look at the experience and the lock.

There are a number of guilds that are in deep experience lock because a player or 2 or 3 have decided to move to another guild.  Not sure what they wanted when they joined but they didn't find it.

To me, being in a guild does not mean the guild supplies all my needs.  I find it more enjoyable to have play mates, that are really play mates. lol

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:23

Hey there.

This will be staying as it is. Leaving the Guild is your choice and there have to be repercussions if you do so.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: