• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 14:04

Sorry if many posts have been created regarding the arena, i dont come on forums very often.

I use to play the arena day in day out, from time to time i check in and by the looks of it, it is still going at a snails pace!.

Can i suggest you guy make some kind of event inventables? for example, Easter event is coming up, you would have several new sets all using new components from the Easter event (which these componants are only available in the arena shop for 2 weeks during this event. this will encourage people to spend their tokens, and encourage people to play and earn more tokens again. i would suggest 4 or 5 events (arena) a year with new sets aimed at that current event, with the possibility of a new set or 2 each year.

I think every aspect of the game (pvp,gvg,se hunting etc.) needs an event like this of some sort to keep everyone happy.

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 15:21

@EE... try doing a Forum search first ,oP 

This is not exactly what you suggested but was intended towards activity:

https://forums.hunte...tions/?hl=arena

If memory serves, Arena pots will be "upgraded" "soon". 

Hope it helps, prosperous smacking! (o0

#3 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 15:40

@EE... try doing a Forum search first ,oP 

This is not exactly what you suggested but was intended towards activity:

https://forums.hunte...tions/?hl=arena

If memory serves, Arena pots will be "upgraded" "soon". 

Hope it helps, prosperous smacking! (o0

Thanks.

I think the potions will be a quick fix... be in the same boat again within a matter of weeks, ive seen it happen many times.

What i suggest i think will see more people get involved and keep it running smooth again.

#4 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:19

not bad at all eagle, not bad at all, no matter what anyone says :)

#5 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 18:40

so now we have some new potions (which are great), not to sound ungrateful but can we maybe look at something like i mentioned?

#6 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 May 2016 - 16:58

well im getting tired of this LAME arena tournaments, never win, i tried EVERY THING,(SPENT LOTS OF FSP/GOLD/TRIED MANY SET UPS) it just seems like the same ppl win over and over again,maybe they cheating?   maybe they have multis in going in tourn naked? maybe HCS picks fav? HAHAH i dont know just tired of it, was thinking maybe have a limit to how many tourn ppl can join a day BY THE AMOUNT of tourns won?

exp say you won 5 tourn already in a day you no longer can join any more for that day, seems legit gives every one a chance,  i seen ppl with 6000K+ wins, yet i been doing this for day one and have 70 wins? some thing is fishy if you ask me MAKE ARENA TOURN FAIR!!!

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2016 - 19:16

well im getting tired of this LAME arena tournaments, never win, i tried EVERY THING,(SPENT LOTS OF FSP/GOLD/TRIED MANY SET UPS) it just seems like the same ppl win over and over again,maybe they cheating?   maybe they have multis in going in tourn naked? maybe HCS picks fav? HAHAH i dont know just tired of it, was thinking maybe have a limit to how many tourn ppl can join a day BY THE AMOUNT of tourns won?

exp say you won 5 tourn already in a day you no longer can join any more for that day, seems legit gives every one a chance,  i seen ppl with 6000K+ wins, yet i been doing this for day one and have 70 wins? some thing is fishy if you ask me MAKE ARENA TOURN FAIR!!!

Or, maybe, you just haven't figured it out properly yet ? ;)

Limiting arenas by numbers won / day will only result in the arena becoming even slower and that benefits no-one.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 May 2016 - 15:56

I think it has to do with the value of rewards. The value of reward items used to be higher. It has likely to do with the internal economy and activity of the game in general. If player base was 10 times as big, there would be more demand. I'm glad HCS brought back the gold arenas.

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 16:08

I think it has to do with the value of rewards. The value of reward items used to be higher. It has likely to do with the internal economy and activity of the game in general. If player base was 10 times as big, there would be more demand. I'm glad HCS brought back the gold arenas.

bingo...you nailed it on all points..player base hurting arena...value of rewards KILLING arena....amount of fun with arena (near zero) hurting arena...very few tourneys to join KILLING arena ( use to have 75 tourneys for 1200 levels..now 60 tourneys for 2800 levels, what kind of math is that ???? .) these are major issues that the cows refuse to acknowledge for some strange reason..

used to be fun playing for prizes..it is now a kiddie arcade playing for tokens to buy plastic kazoos..

please work on arena hoof !!!!,  it needs it before you go live with phone app or else it will be embrasassing...the wait times to start will make the game look bad..and when the newer players have almost zero to join..will make the game look bad..

#10 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 May 2016 - 16:38

over 30+arena not 1 won, lol what a joke , pardoux i been at it since day  bud since i started this game spent tons of fsp/tried many sets, and yet nothing ,some thing fishy as i said before..

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

#11 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:28

over 30+arena not 1 won, lol what a joke , pardoux i been at it since day  bud since i started this game spent tons of fsp/tried many sets, and yet nothing ,some thing fishy as i said before..

I really don't think anything untoward is going on in this instance. Believe me I feel your pain about losing in the arena, the losses are relentless at times. I find the arena incredibly difficult to win at but I try my hand now and then. :)

Spending FSP and trying a multitude of setups brings no guarantee of success. I have no real advice to offer you except what someone who is much better at the arena than I told me which is to read the descriptions of all the moves and learn how they interact. Think about what setups others may use and try to anticipate what moves they may use with it.

I don't know... I just thought I would try to help you in some way by throwing that at you. Either way good luck man. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 16 May 2016 - 17:41.

#12 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:38

Limiting arenas by numbers won / day will only result in the arena becoming even slower and that benefits no-one.

+1

I agree that excluding anyone from entering arenas will not benefit the game. Also to alienate the serial winners would be to the detriment of the arena as a whole.

Ultimately you are being beaten by people who are well practised and have good knowledge of the arena and how it works as well as their own setups and move combinations. To punish people for succeeding at that area of the game is not a good idea and very unfair to them.

Edited by Josh1404, 16 May 2016 - 17:43.

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 18:41

I only join the non gold XXX arenas. Usually I document everything I do but I started late for arenas so only have history on my last 21. Won 2. Placed in 9 of them. Good luck. I still stink at it but the partial token wins keep me motivated. Juvi owns me. Wish I knew which ones he was in so I can avoid them :P

#14 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 21:20

i dont know just tired of it, was thinking maybe have a limit to how many tourn ppl can join a day BY THE AMOUNT of tourns won?

Everyone should know why Titan cooldown was introduced. It's to let other players/guilds have a chance at getting an epic. The idea of zirxa's is the same.

I don't hunt Titans nor play the Arena, so I actually couldn't care less about what happens to these areas, this is just my viewpoint.

#15 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:54

This probably pertains more towards activity it would help but I know I'm gonna hear the why don't you level your character complain but what if you could switch to higher lvl area gear and it wouldn't affect your player stats so say someone lvl 600 could access say a lvl 2700 arena it's already the other way around and I see no harm besides the fact most will say it's not fair but I think it will get more people play there will be no more excuse I can't get into any there can be a cap like +500 maybe it doesn't have to be from lvl 50 you can wear eoc gear lol just food for thought :)

#16 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2016 - 23:25

I really don't think anything untoward is going on in this instance. Believe me I feel your pain about losing in the arena, the losses are relentless at times. I find the arena incredibly difficult to win at but I try my hand now and then. :)

Spending FSP and trying a multitude of setups brings no guarantee of success. I have no real advice to offer you except what someone who is much better at the arena than I told me which is to read the descriptions of all the moves and learn how they interact. Think about what setups others may use and try to anticipate what moves they may use with it.

I don't know... I just thought I would try to help you in some way by throwing that at you. Either way good luck man. :)

LOL thank you kindly, i shall keep trying why stop now right  :)

#17 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2016 - 23:27

Everyone should know why Titan cooldown was introduced. It's to let other players/guilds have a chance at getting an epic. The idea of zirxa's is the same.

I don't hunt Titans nor play the Arena, so I actually couldn't care less about what happens to these areas, this is just my viewpoint.

that was exactly i was aiming for a cool down would not hurt to giv eit a shot see how it turns out right!!!

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 00:00

that was exactly i was aiming for a cool down would not hurt to giv eit a shot see how it turns out right!!!

Arena is slow now tho - slowing it down even more helps no-one..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:15

I play the Arena when I Get really bored, no multies scripters in evidence normally takes around 8 tournies to get a win max. then I get bored again. it really is so predictable and that is its fundamental flaw.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:02

Even if the rewards are higher, the same about 30 people are going to win 90% of the time. That is discouraging to say the least to the majority of people. I believe that is why arenas are running slower .. because of the mechanics of it and the win rate of the select few. Perhaps they should have tiers or leagues of arena .. to match equal skill players, = )

I have to give some props to the cows though because they standardized the rewards with tokens and you can earn partial tokens if you win the first round but not additional rounds. 

Edited by Windbattle, 21 May 2016 - 21:12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: