Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#501 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:03

What about upgrading existing, owned pvp gear? Couldn't tokens and pvp levels gained allow this? Kinda like a "special" hell forge. Takes out the "new gear" element. Which could be something else to delay this implementation.

Cheers.

wil72

Not sure about Stat point bonuses (it can break the arena), but how about "unlocking" new enhancements on existing, owned pvp gear and adding % to them. 

#502 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:43

Been thinking about Reddies suggestion about a LUP system for Prowess.  I think it's a good one, and here is how I think it should go:

Prowess LUP points (2 for each level, of course) can be applied to the following enhancements: First Strike, Duelist, Protect, Protect Gold, Dodge, Disarm, Breaker, Master Thief, or Thievery.  Although gear or potions would be nice, that would involve a convoluted ladder, probably banded, and we all know by now this doesn't really work right.  Maybe if a ladder similar to the original could be devised and implemented, based on actual Prowess levels rather than virtual ones,  but I definitely believe the banded ladder system is phale and must go.  After all, Prowess levels will be the criteria, rather than one's hunting level.

Medals issued for Dominance should be retained by players that have earned them, and a new medal should be set up, maybe for being on top overall (Let's call it Esteem) and tokens for best current Prowess levels (Dominance medal here, maybe?), with standings calculated on a random reset.  

Edited by BadPenny, 23 October 2014 - 09:44.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#503 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:44

enhance.png

#504 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 15:29

Increasing enhancements would be fairly pointless. Yes, it would allow one to use equipment without those enhancements while still retaining them, but most PvP equipment already has those things going for it. Increasing the % allowed would be much better.

A ranking system for overall PvPxp that was not bracketed in any form would strongly be weighted to the lower levels where player density is heavier. How many 2200+ players are there? How many 2000-2099 players would I have to choose to attack vs the 500-599 range, the 1000-1099 range  or even 1-99 range? That system would put upper tier players at a distinct disadvantage.

#505 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 16:44

The banded Ladder system:

1. Inactivity - lack of motivation or balance 

2. Tokens without activity - nothing to lose 

The "Good" old Ladder system:

1. Zillions of multies - high motivation to create many accounts, accumulate and pass the PvP rating to the main account through the Bounty Board. 

2. PvP inactivity of top players on the PvP Ladder - don't attack anyone if you want to keep your rating (with only two exceptions - Moonfrost and HonesTBoB) 

3. Lack of players able or wanting to challenge (hit) the top players on the PvP Ladder - almost no activity or movement on the PvP Ladder

4. PvP Rating trading/passing to friends/allies/guildmates despite painful XP loss.

5. Levelers' complaints. 

Once my Sensei hit the top PvP player 8 times and sent a message: 1. top PvP 2. Gold 3. No gear. It resulted in the greatest war between top levelling guilds I had ever seen. So, the top PvP player relaxed there with like 8 millions in the hands and without some gear.   

#506 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 16:55

Increasing the % allowed would be much better.

+1

#507 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:43

stuff

A ranking system for overall PvPxp that was not bracketed in any form would strongly be weighted to the lower levels where player density is heavier. How many 2200+ players are there? How many 2000-2099 players would I have to choose to attack vs the 500-599 range, the 1000-1099 range  or even 1-99 range? That system would put upper tier players at a distinct disadvantage.

The banded system is not working.  Better to expand attack ranges: i.e. 500 - 999 +/- 25 levels 1000 - 1499 +/- 40 levels, and so on... 

Also, I'm an active bounty hunter.  I'm clearing a lot of you big guys... Not seeing many lower levels, actually.  There are spurts, but, mostly I have to get creative with gear and buffs.  I'm accumulating a lot of prestige this way, and I imagine I will be racking up the Prowess, as well...  It's all in how you choose to PvP, isn't it?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#508 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 19:26

The bands are working with limiting the gear you will face.. The reason why its not popular is XP loss and poor rewards..

#509 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 22:46

The reason I opted out was because there was no one to play with... I don't want an empty victory...  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#510 9divine

9divine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:16

I didn't read all 26 pages of this, so I hope I'm not throwing out old news.

Could this PvPxp affect your guild? Say your guild was heavy invested in PvP, could there be a way to level up your guilds PvP level as a whole? I think that could spark more competition between the competitive guilds, maybe incorporate PvPxp into GvG? Just throwing out an idea. Hope this could get somewhere, it would definitely liven up PvP, and could do the same for GvG.

#511 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 15:30

We're going to be reviewing the PvP as well as a number of important parts of the game over the coming weeks. 

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: