#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:02

At the moment, there are 50 arenas (including those currently in progress) under Level 1000 and a whole NINE that are greater than Level 1K.

This scenario has been like this since the arena "fubarred" about 4 (maybe more) weeks ago and needs looking at.

I thought they were meant to be a (relatively) even split ?

Edited by Pardoux, 25 September 2014 - 22:14.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:03

But it saves gold! :) :)

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:07

But it saves gold! :) :)

There is that - well, saves US gold anyways LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:10

At the moment, there are 50 arenas (including those currently in progress) under Level 1000 and a whole NINE that are greater than Level 1K.

This scenario has been like this since the arena "fubarred" about 4 (maybe more) weeks ago and needs looking at.

for some reason the cows refuse to do my idea that would have solve that issue...thread that has been buried- simple solution to arena level spawning..just have 15 tourneys each of these level ranges- 0-500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, 1500-2000, 2000 + ..total 75 tourneys..when one gets filled up in that range..it gets replaced by one in that range..always would be 15 in each range, and something for all levels to find....no matter how slow or fast they filled up...quite simple..yet for some reason zorg went his own way with it...and now we have this issue...

Edited by yodamus, 25 September 2014 - 22:12.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:13

which, hopefully, this thread will fix - and, if not, a ticket will be next :) (which is probably what I should have already done, given I've not seen Zorg post here for ages :(

#6 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 00:01

yoda you do know majority of players arent above level 1000 , i dont think theyre is exactly a fix, u just need to get people excitted about arena which most people are not

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 September 2014 - 00:20

Sorry, the arena has been taken over by evil spirits.  Unfortunately, the white wizard has left the building...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 Wolfdog5

Wolfdog5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 00:24

Uh-oh

*Points at the Green Floating Cows*

....I think they've past through here. :ph34r:

Edited by Wolfdog5, 26 September 2014 - 00:42.

#9 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:16

They are, it's just some players that compete in 1,000+ lvl tournaments, DO NOT join arenas under 1000 lvl, though they CAN compete there too. 

Also from other thread:

shindrak, on 18 Aug 2014 - 17:52, said:snapback.png

Arena can't be active all time and never been , It has certain highly active seasons (when they put new stuff in)

Talking about putting new stuff in, some Epic prizes worth at least 10,000 Arena Tokens wouldn't hurt.  

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:01

I've asked Zorg to poke the arena.

I'll have to start a thread for new Arena / PvP rewards soon.

#11 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:41

Thanks for this report, I wasn't generating Arena games in to the equipment level bracket my script should have been aiming for. Resulting in more lower games appearing over time.

This has now been fixed, however it will take some time for the ladder to move back to normal. You can aid this process by filling up the lower equip level games and helping get rid of them. :)

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#12 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:23

Let's wait a bit to see what it will be generating now lol

#13 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:13

yoda you do know majority of players arent above level 1000 , i dont think theyre is exactly a fix, u just need to get people excitted about arena which most people are not

i do know that..but the majority of arena players are above level 1000...and dont feel like dealing with the lower level arenas...not sure why..and really hard to convince the lower level players to try arena when it is expensive for them, gear is expensive..buyins can be expensive, they take forever to fill.....and most of all...almost all the prizes are worthless now..

they lose a lot, and i mean a lot.. and see they are going against level 1000+ players all the time, dont realize that it is fair, they are convinced there is an advantage, which there is in experience, but not as great as they think...hard to get them to realize arena is pretty fair....so they quit trying quickly...i try my best to get players into arena...most stay awhile and then give up...if they would hurry up and get the new arena prizes, and as i have said many times..add upgrades/small bit of reserve stam to the prizes, more would play...but for now arena prizes are stuck in neutral...and so is arena..

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 14:35

i do know that..but the majority of arena players are above level 1000...and dont feel like dealing with the lower level arenas...not sure why..and really hard to convince the lower level players to try arena when it is expensive for them, gear is expensive..buyins can be expensive, they take forever to fill.....and most of all...almost all the prizes are worthless now..

they lose a lot, and i mean a lot.. and see they are going against level 1000+ players all the time, dont realize that it is fair, they are convinced there is an advantage, which there is in experience, but not as great as they think...hard to get them to realize arena is pretty fair....so they quit trying quickly...i try my best to get players into arena...most stay awhile and then give up...if they would hurry up and get the new arena prizes, and as i have said many times..add upgrades/small bit of reserve stam to the prizes, more would play...but for now arena prizes are stuck in neutral...and so is arena..

It's an unsustainable formula. To keep interest up in arena, you MUST keep feeding new prizes? It's fundamentally flawed. The best arena players want more people to participate because the arenas can fill up quicker so they can continue to win. As a new arena player, you can be successful but you have to lose many many times. Not sure too many have the stomach for that. I get beat up in all arenas so levels don't make a difference for me. Not sure what your winning formula is. I would play more if I knew why I was losing but guessing what my opponent had is not an answer. If it also requires full knowledge of all the equipment in FS land, then forget that too. I would still love to have a paper rock scissor arena. But I guess that is scavenging. Just wanted to share a viewpoint from a loser arena player.

#15 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 26 September 2014 - 16:08

A lot of Tracking, trial and error and sometimes common sense will do some wonders in the Arena..just a thought :)

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 17:59

A lot of Tracking, trial and error and sometimes common sense will do some wonders in the Arena..just a thought :)

Common sense? No wonder I fail ;)

#17 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 18:35

learn the moves..learn what most players are using.. try different level setups, enter in different levels....gear does not have to be top-notch..i know..my gear is nowhere near the best for the levels i try..all you have to do is win 1 round for every 3 you enter and you can at least break even (buying good prizes)....my highest level piece of arena gear is 279...yet i enter in ones from 279-499 with it..and still win..it is not all about the gear..or moves..or luck...need a little of all 3...after all it is only gold you lose..no xp, no stam, no repairs..and everyone loses a lot..key is to keep trying..and learning..

#18 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 19:14

It's an unsustainable formula. To keep interest up in arena, you MUST keep feeding new prizes? It's fundamentally flawed. The best arena players want more people to participate because the arenas can fill up quicker so they can continue to win. As a new arena player, you can be successful but you have to lose many many times. Not sure too many have the stomach for that. I get beat up in all arenas so levels don't make a difference for me. Not sure what your winning formula is. I would play more if I knew why I was losing but guessing what my opponent had is not an answer. If it also requires full knowledge of all the equipment in FS land, then forget that too. I would still love to have a paper rock scissor arena. But I guess that is scavenging. Just wanted to share a viewpoint from a loser arena player.

what are you talking about ?  feeding new prizes..do you know it has been near 2 years..maybe more, since any new prizes have been added to arena..are arena players asking to much to have new prizes after 2 years ?? please...if you dont like arena, that is your choice..but dont go about bashing our request for something new after 2 years...and acting like we need new prizes every month, which we dont..but after 2 years..we do.....arena is a very important part of the game since it uses zero stamina, loses 0 xp, does no damage to gear.. and keeps players online while refilling stam..its neglect has caused most of the top players to no longer be playing the game period...we need players to stay for any reason..

#19 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 19:27

well, just few expensive Epic items wouldn't hurt. 10,000 Arena tokens for one Epic item would be Epic Gold sink. Let's say 9 Piratish Epic items and 9 Ninjas Epic items 10k Arena tokens each.  :wub:

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 19:39

learn the moves..learn what most players are using.. try different level setups, enter in different levels....gear does not have to be top-notch..i know..my gear is nowhere near the best for the levels i try..all you have to do is win 1 round for every 3 you enter and you can at least break even (buying good prizes)....my highest level piece of arena gear is 279...yet i enter in ones from 279-499 with it..and still win..it is not all about the gear..or moves..or luck...need a little of all 3...after all it is only gold you lose..no xp, no stam, no repairs..and everyone loses a lot..key is to keep trying..and learning..

I have no idea what the other players are using. Unless I'm missing some special combat log. I wish I win one in 10 but winning 0 is no fun. Definition of insanity to keep trying and expecting different results. How many times do I try? 50, 100, 1,000? I gave up at 100... 0-100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: