Photo

Guild XP while sub-leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Poll: Guild XP while sub-leveling (245 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this idea would work?

1. Yes. (200 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

2. No. (45 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

Vote

#21 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:20

I really dont think this should be changed. People have been subleveling for years, if you change anything in regards to how subleveling and XP work then you only make it unfair / advantageous for people that have subleveled in the past or people that would sublevel in the future.

It is part of the game. There are no major flaws in the system. If people dont like that others get a lot of Guild XP by subleveling then they can go do it themselves.

Leave it as is. This is a minor game issue, that is not worth discussing.

#22 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:24

I think the root of the problem is more why players de-level not how, hence this suggestion :)

So you are suggesting that its okay for these players to abuse the Bounty board for their own benefit? What is the point of the bounty hunter medal then? what is the point of the smasher medal? What value does it have if it is basically handed out to those who can waste thousands of stamina on free bounty hunts and smasher hits? 

IMO you are missing the root of the problem bud. What got a lot of the community riled up in the first place was the abuse of the bounty board. At least it is for me. 

I really dont think this should be changed. People have been subleveling for years, if you change anything in regards to how subleveling and XP work then you only make it unfair / advantageous for people that have subleveled in the past or people that would sublevel in the future.

It is part of the game. There are no major flaws in the system. If people dont like that others get a lot of Guild XP by subleveling then they can go do it themselves.

Leave it as is. This is a minor game issue, that is not worth discussing.

Minor game issue? Not worth discussing? I'm sorry did you miss the 40+ pages of arguments various people in the community had over this on the forums?

This is a huge issue my friend. And it is most definitely worth discussing.

#23 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:24

The bounty board has always been abused. soft clear your friends and 100 stamina the players that have deleveled you friends

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25

So you are suggesting that its okay for these players to abuse the Bounty board for their own benefit? What is the point of the bounty hunter medal then? what is the point of the smasher medal? What value does it have if it is basically handed out to those who can waste thousands of stamina on free bounty hunts and smasher hits? 

IMO you are missing the root of the problem bud. What got a lot of the community riled up in the first place was the abuse of the bounty board. At least it is for me. 

The point is that there would be less reason to de-level if a reduction to guild xp wasn't applied, hence in my initial post I said:

"I think we can keep this aspect of the game (i.e.. contributing to your guild) without impacting other aspects of the game (bounty board, medals etc.)" :)

#25 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:26

:D Yay, compromise.

I'm for this idea. I've voted yes.  ^_^

#26 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:26

Minor game issue? Not worth discussing? I'm sorry did you miss the 40+ pages of arguments various people in the community had over this on the forums?

Its just the same people going back and forth. A handful of people that dont like subleveling because their guild gets beat on Guild XP and those that sublevel.

Every medal is going to be exploited if its possible, just because you hunt bounties and think your medal is super awesome does not mean that everyone that gets it is going to go thru the same process. There will always be ways to make medals simplier to earn than they should be.

Edited by Placeboo, 10 December 2013 - 01:27.

#27 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:27

The point is that there would be less reason to de-level if a reduction to guild xp wasn't applied, hence in my initial post I said:

" I think we can keep this aspect of the game (i.e.. contributing to your guild) without impacting other aspects of the game (bounty board, medals etc.)" :)

This is the answer !

#28 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:27

" I think we can keep this aspect of the game (i.e.. contributing to your guild) without impacting other aspects of the game (bounty board, medals etc.)" :)

I do hope you are right. If what you say holds true then I am 100% for this idea. 

Edited by volcom, 10 December 2013 - 01:28.

#29 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:28

"I think we can keep this aspect of the game (i.e.. contributing to your guild) without impacting other aspects of the game (bounty board, medals etc.)" :)

Yes, but then it is grossly unfair to people that would sublevel in the future... some people have 15 /20 / 25 billion guild xp from sub leveling in the past. You cant make a quick fix here that wont make it unfair for people in the future that would potentially sublelvel.... if you do something like this no1 is going to bother subleveling

#30 unknownone

unknownone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:30

An alternative suggestion...have a dynamic Champion in every realm that gives XP equal to the current EOC Champion...then we could all sit with AM575 active & hit an EOC Champ for leveling..that would be fair, wouldn't it?

Requoting.. How about players actually donating and putting forth effort rather than expecting coddling changes.

Hoof, I like the idea originally proposed on THIS topic.

#31 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:31

Its just the same people going back and forth. A handful of people that dont like subleveling because their guild gets beat on Guild XP and those that sublevel.

Every medal is going to be exploited if its possible, just because you hunt bounties and think your medal is super awesome does not mean that everyone that gets it is going to go thru the same process. There will always be ways to make medals simplier to earn than they should be.

If that is the case then why not just make the number one player in the game medal, largest gold hoarder, and treasure hunter medals a walk in the park? Why? Because they are worth something. How many people in the game have a hoarder medal? 5? maybe 10 tops? 

Anyways this is beside the point so I won't say anything further on this specific piece. Another idea for another thread.

#32 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:32

Yes, but then it is grossly unfair to people that would sublevel in the future... some people have 15 /20 / 25 billion guild xp from sub leveling in the past. You cant make a quick fix here that wont make it unfair for people in the future that would potentially sublelvel.... if you do something like this no1 is going to bother subleveling

you won't need to sublevel anymore because you'd still get normal gxp on all critters.  Even though your personal xp continues to go down, the gxp rate would stay normal.  Thus, no need for sublevel, no need for naked BB parades etc...

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:32

I don't understand why you think this is unfair? Can you explain please? :)

#34 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:33

I do not think you fully get the reason behind the current suggestion. With Hoof's proposal it takes away the need/usefulness of deleveling to relevel.

It should put a stop to all the people losing massive amounts of levels on the bounty board to get more guild xp because this not only lets them get a little further by subleveling it gives them the same amount of GXP as if they went and lost the levels to use their stam to get them back

#35 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:36

All the more reason to do implement this... If we can prevent something like this from happening in the future, why not do so? True those who have earned dozens of billions in guild xp from this exploit will still have their gxp but at least future players will be discouraged from doing so. 

I don't think it would be possible or even fair for that matter if HCS stripped the players who have already exploited the system. However it is entirely possible to prevent this from happening in the future.

I do not think you fully get the reason behind the current suggestion. With Hoof's proposal it takes away the need/usefulness of deleveling to relevel.

It should put a stop to all the people losing massive amounts of levels on the bounty board to get more guild xp because this not only lets them get a little further by subleveling it gives them the same amount of GXP as if they went and lost the levels to use their stam to get them back

I see. I think I was a bit confused on Hoof's wording originally but this makes more sense. If it prevents bounty board abuse, I'm all for it. 

#36 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:37

If that is the case then why not just make the number one player in the game medal, largest gold hoarder, and treasure hunter medals a walk in the park? Why? Because they are worth something. How many people in the game have a hoarder medal? 5? maybe 10 tops? 

Anyways this is beside the point so I won't say anything further on this specific piece. Another idea for another thread.

Because some medals are harder to achieve than others. If your comparing bounty medal to hoarder than you are misguided. The game has been functioning the way it has for years. My point is , if you make any changes in attempts to "fix" any given medal to try to change how tough it is to earn then you make it unfair or advantageous for people that have earned it or would earn it in the future. The game is what it is. Its tough luck that the medals you have earned are easier to get than others. Even if you prevent sublevelers from going on the BB then it is still a joke to clear bounties that are 100s of levels below you. Some medals have more value than others... deal with it.

FYI, there are probably only 5 people that have actually earned hoarder. There are 20-25 people with the medal because they paid off true hoarders with large sums of gold / fsp, to let them get it for bronze. There are ways around every medal. Its part of the game.

Also, the BB is not always has bad as it has been . Its been  crazy because double XP event is coming up.

#37 j3k

j3k

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:38

why just add a thing where as if a player wanted to lose levels like some people do in the game and lose over 700 levels just push them back to Level 1 Krul Island  so example if they lose 10levels :warning: then over 50 they get pushed to that island since it is indeed abused i see people going as far as to far as to level 1000 from 1800

*Triple post * :s

Edited by j3k, 10 December 2013 - 01:38.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#38 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:39

I don't understand why you think this is unfair? Can you explain please? :)

If one player was able to earn 20 billion extra guild XP because the game functions the way it does then they will still have that extra 20 billion guild xp after the "nerf".

If another player in a different guild is to attempt to go earn that extra 20 billion guild XP with the proposed changes, they will now have to earn what would have been 50b - 100b (or whatever) guild xp just to break even.

#39 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:41

If one player was able to earn 20 billion extra guild XP because the game functions the way it does then they will still have that extra 20 billion guild xp after the "nerf".

If another player in a different guild is to attempt to go earn that extra 20 billion guild XP with the proposed changes, they will now have to earn what would have been 50b - 100b (or whatever) guild xp just to break even.

I'm not proposing we nerf anything though. I'm saying we change it so that you don't need to de-level to be able to contribute to your guild xp :)

#40 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:42

I'm still intrigued that the guild XP is the reason people are doing this.

The one time I seriously thought about de/re-leveling was at EOC when new content was coming out slowly, and the main reason was actually to get the gold to pay to maintain the structures for a small guild.

This proposal won't do anything to fix that problem - unless the same principle is applied to guild tax taken from hunts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: