• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 20:16

Does anyone else maybe like the idea of being able to use composed pots on guildies maybe make it a preference thing might work kinda like buffing I see a lot of complaints about attacks on gvg using them well now a guildies could help a ladder buddy or buddies getting hit on gvg any ideas?

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 20:41

I don't see any harm in it, assuming the composer doesn't have an issue with it of course. Not quite sure how you'd administer it tho, if anyone could use tagged potions on anyone else but that's something for the guilds / cows to sort out..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 20:42

Personally, no.

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 20:46

No, potions should be personal use only, without exception.

They're already the most overpowered aspect of FS as it is.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 22:11

I know but I'm saying it would help In the defending of gvg if attacker is using them most people complain that level 175 buffs don't compare to composed pots and offline players don't have a chance this way there guildies can help them out to even the playing field me personally I don't care I'm just saying as an idea to help out.

Edit: if you think about it it's just like buffing someone when there getting hit in s gvg just with stronger buffs

Edited by TxLxS, 07 April 2016 - 22:20.

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:06

Does anyone else maybe like the idea of being able to use composed pots on guildies maybe make it a preference thing might work kinda like buffing I see a lot of complaints about attacks on gvg using them well now a guildies could help a ladder buddy or buddies getting hit on gvg any ideas?

Hilarious! Do you mean composing potions give too large of an advantage against personal 175 buffs? Of course you do. Sadly the ship that had reason attached to the power of these pots has sailed long ago... Whoever introduces or  keeps cranking up skill levels on super pots(Composing, GE, Ladder) completely IGNORES the impact they have on the game!! It's pathetic. Why should they bother? It's called the new, quick and easy development. We settle for the crack-like addiction from the WIN button on these pots. It has eroded any skill required to play. It's our own fault for not speaking up louder and earlier. I fear it's too late. I'm milking the game for what value I find after almost 10 years. Please continue to enjoy it any way you can to keep the play numbers going.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 17:12

Hilarious! Do you mean composing potions give too large of an advantage against personal 175 buffs? Of course you do. Sadly the ship that had reason attached to the power of these pots has sailed long ago... Whoever introduces or  keeps cranking up skill levels on super pots(Composing, GE, Ladder) completely IGNORES the impact they have on the game!! It's pathetic. Why should they bother? It's called the new, quick and easy development. We settle for the crack-like addiction from the WIN button on these pots. It has eroded any skill required to play. It's our own fault for not speaking up louder and earlier. I fear it's too late. I'm milking the game for what value I find after almost 10 years. Please continue to enjoy it any way you can to keep the play numbers going.

I am just not a fan of the cranked up stat boosters and reducers...Can care less about leveling buffs.

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2016 - 18:01

"Can care less about leveling buffs."

*couldn't care less*

O.o

Edited by Mister Doom, 08 April 2016 - 18:32.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2016 - 18:16

too many ideas went sailing straight through cos they seemed fun or well laid out(pretty) in presentation, fact is the more reliable voices were never taken AS serious in so many cases, tbh luis should literally be one of the most respected voices on here with a big percentage of the posts of his ive seen...

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 19:07

I am just not a fan of the cranked up stat boosters and reducers...Can care less about leveling buffs.

Correct. Me either. Jack up skills like Conserve, Adept Learner, Doubler, Librarian, Lightfoot until players are giddy. Silly skills that prolong/postpone or have minor influences(good and bad) on combat like Deflect, Anti-Deflect, Forceshield, Last Ditch, Demoralize, etc. have much less of an impact on play,  I've even learned to accept AM500+ breaking the game by allowing players to sit in one place in the game and hit numbers to attack. HOWEVER, all the stat changing skill levels are out of control. There's a profound negative impact on GvG as seen in this thread, and in other areas like PvP where the impact is similar to GvG and even PvE where it creates an extremely unchallenging game that needs to be addressed. Stam and potion management shouldn't be the only difference between players. For example, gear used to be important even driving a lot of donations. I'd like to think there is more, like there was, to the game. Otherwise I'm not averse to calling the decline of the game. We are already sliding down a slippery slope on this.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 20:15

"Can care less about leveling buffs."

*couldn't care less*

O.o

Whoopsies :)

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 20:16

Correct. Me either. Jack up skills like Conserve, Adept Learner, Doubler, Librarian, Lightfoot until players are giddy. Silly skills that prolong/postpone or have minor influences(good and bad) on combat like Deflect, Anti-Deflect, Forceshield, Last Ditch, Demoralize, etc. have much less of an impact on play,  I've even learned to accept AM500+ breaking the game by allowing players to sit in one place in the game and hit numbers to attack. HOWEVER, all the stat changing skill levels are out of control. There's a profound negative impact on GvG as seen in this thread, and in other areas like PvP where the impact is similar to GvG and even PvE where it creates an extremely unchallenging game that needs to be addressed. Stam and potion management shouldn't be the only difference between players. For example, gear used to be important even driving a lot of donations. I'd like to think there is more, like there was, to the game. Otherwise I'm not averse to calling the decline of the game. We are already sliding down a slippery slope on this.

I actually see somewhat of a need for higher level leveling buffs because of the huge gap between a new player and eoc...On the other hand stat buffers naw i do not see any logical reasoning behind them.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 00:37

I actually see somewhat of a need for higher level leveling buffs because of the huge gap between a new player and eoc...

Umm, you realize that the gap would only get wider, right? 

That said... I'm all for upping all composing pots and otherwise into the sky. 

I have to say that simply because of this silly idea going around that people that play FS are looking for some kind of challenge. 

I happen to agree with some of the ideology behind it... But hey, five years too late. And yeah, still here complaining. Something tells me that's not an issue. 

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:38

Umm, you realize that the gap would only get wider, right? 

That said... I'm all for upping all composing pots and otherwise into the sky. 

I have to say that simply because of this silly idea going around that people that play FS are looking for some kind of challenge. 

I happen to agree with some of the ideology behind it... But hey, five years too late. And yeah, still here complaining. Something tells me that's not an issue. 

Prove it? EoC does not move any faster? Confused here. Opportunity up...EoC constant.

Oh yea and its never to late to fix something. Saying its too late is just a cop out.

I understand the *Gap* your talking about and its relative anyway. Frankly this is a game...Which entails survival of the fittest unfortunately.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 April 2016 - 02:41.

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 21:11

Prove it? EoC does not move any faster? Confused here. Opportunity up...EoC constant.

Oh yea and its never to late to fix something. Saying its too late is just a cop out.

I understand the *Gap* your talking about and its relative anyway. Frankly this is a game...Which entails survival of the fittest unfortunately.

Ok, I guess I could be wrong. Happy to admit that... but XP gain even when constrained by a level is a huge difference with level 1. I CAN say that because of what I do. Even sublevelling, I get tons more XP than a level 1. Grant it... it takes more for me to get to the next level. But... when they eventually get there, well... they will have the same constraints, with the exception that they may actually be able to level at their actual level. 

And hey, that's why I've never bothered. EOC will sort out the bugs for when I eventually get there, if I ever bother. 

In a lot of ways, I feel for you guys, but I do think you're used to the whole "having to wait" factor. On the positive side, it gives some a chance to actually explore other options. Grant it, not a positive for me since I've always explored other options and didn't have to get to EOC to do it. 

On the "too late"... well, sure, I fully agree. I still think Conserve shouldn't save XP. At some point, I will fight to remove that, in Hoof's words, unintended effect.

I guess to make it clearer: We're (well, I) are talking about pots. Everyone complaining about over-powered pots constantly uses them. That's not a shot at their logic, but I just find it funny. I think it's ridiculous to nerf pots that are in game from years ago. I don't think the FS Community will go for that. I don't think there is any support there except for the few that are saying it ruins the game.

Again, I don't claim that my opinion is right. The point is that the whole argument behind that ideology is that the game is too easy. Really, my question is and always has been: Do you really think forcing people to think will increase the player-base? 

Don't get me wrong, I loved it when I had to. But I believe that this is a social game. I believe that I'm perhaps one of 100 all time that liked it. I believe that the real draw to this game is the social aspect, and I believe that a portion of that is the fact that we pass our knowledge on to others. All of that is full-on debateable and I wouldn't even pretend to deny it. It's simply my take. 

As far as the "gap"... please note that you are the one that brought it up in post #12. I don't care about it at all. 

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 21:36

The gap you were referring to wasn't the gap i was talking about. IE 1-EoC ever expanding.

#17 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 21:33

I understanding why you would saying being able using composing potions on guild members for giving them having chance defending against crazy high composer but potions should staying for player to using himself

I agreeing

unfurtantely very sad truth :(

#18 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 14:10

We are already sliding down a slippery slope on this.

This is nobody's fault but my own. Due to unforeseen interest from the local polar bears, my plumbing was destroyed over the course of the winter and as a result I'm forced to empty my bathtub via the bucket by bucket method. Long days at the snowball mines and longer nights at the icicle club cause my snow to become very dirty and as a result the shades of the water are less than desirable.  As I live at the top of a hill in the local village and adding in the cold nights we've had it's not tough to see what the ultimate result of this was. I believe the scientific term is 'Black Ice'. Again, my apologies and safe driving to all you remaining FS troopers. Except Grim, you should not be driving and instead should be adding new and exciting aspects to the game and figuring out a way to either eliminate the overpowered pots from the game or adding new content where you actually need the overpowered pots to even be able to 1 or 2 hit the mobs or even a new titan that requires these pots.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:56

Hi there.

Unlikely I think. Composing potions were designed for personal use only.

~ Grim

#20 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 14:45

Unlikely I think. Composing potions were designed for personal use only.

Can go to Hoof to consider scaling down/changing the super pots' effect on stat changing skills?

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: