26 replies to this topic

#1 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2016 - 23:14

so we in TG are trying to get a mutiny going and i wanted to ask .. who all are allowed to vote ? ( i heard like u need bronze guild loyality medal to vote ) other than this ... after what period of time are ppl considered unable to vote .. i.e their inactivity .. is it like 1 month ? or 2 months ? or what ? 

thanks

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:42

The whole system is shifty...been through it and hcs won't help. Essentially you just have to spam it until it works lmao. 

#3 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:11

A mutiny can be used by any non-founder guild member to initiate a vote against the guild founder for control of the guild. This is useful if your guild founder has become inactive and you do not wish your guild to suffer.

Members cannot be kicked while a mutiny is in progress and a player can only start 1 mutiny every 7 days, regardless of success or failure.

The requirements which must be met to initiate a mutiny are:

Mutiny will be cancelled should the founder return part way through a mutiny.

• 80% of the guild members must agree with the mutiny.

The person initiating the mutiny will automatically count as a vote for yes.

If the mutiny is successful, you will become the new founder and the previous founder will become an unranked member of the guild (but will not be kicked from the guild). Also the initiator will be protected from being kicked from the guild during the voting period (24 hours) of the mutiny.

Hope this helps :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#4 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2016 - 19:01

it just says 80% of ppl need to agree .. i want to know who all are in this 80% bracket ? .. at what point are u excluded from it and stuff like that

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 19:13

Everyone in the guild counts forever. That's why it's virtually impossible to mutiny in a guild with a lot of inactives. You can try to submit a ticket asking the cows for help but they have historically taken a hands off approach when it comes to mutinies.

Screenshot everything!

#6 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:23

I was under the assumption that it would consist of 80% of current active members votes?? 

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#7 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:37

I think it is as yote said, 80% of the TOTAL guild members, active & inactive included !!!

I somehow understand why HCS does not get involved !!!

imagine you created & put 1000s of FSPs into the guild, then go offline for some time (be it personal reason, vacation, accident, ...) & when you return you find out there has been a mutiny & player/s raided ALL the items, gold & destroyed the guild in the process, happened in the past & players would post their tragedy in forum / shoutbox / FS Box

HCS does not know if that player (guild / co founder, leaders, ...) will return OR how much the players who want to start the mutiny have put into the guild OR what their "objectives" are .....

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#8 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:36

if u click on initiate mutiny button , it says ppl active in last 30 days and with a bronze guild loyality medal can vote .. but somehow i think the count is wrong .. this is pretty confusing

Edited by aliadnan12, 25 April 2016 - 04:41.

#9 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:39

Personally I think players who are just trying to take over a guild, should be barred from doing so...Players who build guilds as Mary said may have something go wrong for them personally that stops them playing for a period of time only to return and find 1000's of $ and Hours of time have been Stolen.

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 16:19

Fully agree with your statement, Zizz.

But, on the other hand, some guild members can invest huge resources into a guild, and then find their access to their investment severely limited when the founder disappears for a lengthy period. And some founders have simply inherited the investment from a previous founder when the latter decided to give up the game.

This is an area where every case is unique, and I can understand why the cows would wish to take a back seat.

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 16:28

Personally I think players who are just trying to take over a guild, should be barred from doing so...Players who build guilds as Mary said may have something go wrong for them personally that stops them playing for a period of time only to return and find 1000's of $ and Hours of time have been Stolen.

I agree that players at times seem to be after the assets a guild has. Otherwise they could simply leave and join another guild. There's no shortages of guilds, maybe ones that can offer a better gaming experience. Like in life, players are always looking for the easy path where things are given to them.

But, on the other hand, some guild members can invest huge resources into a guild, and then find their access to their investment severely limited when the founder disappears for a lengthy period. And some founders have simply inherited the investment from a previous founder when the latter decided to give up the game.

This is an area where every case is unique, and I can understand why the cows would wish to take a back seat.

There should be better warnings by HCS that donations to a guild are water under the bridge, ie foregone, spent, relenquished, surrendered, sacrificed, most likely never to be seen again. Expecting assets to be returned is where the problem begins.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 20:38

There should be better warnings by HCS that donations to a guild are water under the bridge, ie foregone, spent, relenquished, surrendered, sacrificed, most likely never to be seen again. Expecting assets to be returned is where the problem begins.

I wasn't actually talking about returning assetts to people - just about whether or not those assetts can still be used properly within the guild when the founder goes awol (along with the permissions).

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 21:42

Guilds are owned by its members no? Guilds are bound to fail if one person solely "owns" everything. So what if it's passed along the grapevine. If 80% of it's members vote yes it's meant to be.

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 22:33

I wasn't actually talking about returning assetts to people - just about whether or not those assetts can still be used properly within the guild when the founder goes awol (along with the permissions).

I wasn't either but once a guild member succeeds in a mutiny, guild assets become controlled by the new founder. In essence the new founder will inherit control of those guild assets to do with what he/she wants. So there is a rather large incentive, depending on the amount of guild assets, to gain control of the guild via a mutiny instead of simply leaving the guild and moving on. If a player is in a guild where most of the members are inactive, this didn't just happen overnight. The guild probably had been dying for some time. My instinct tells me a player would want to come into what assets are left in the guild if they could. As you mentioned some players have "donated" to the guild, even substantially, but they did not invest per se, where those goods could/should be returned to the donator. Again, HCS could make it clear those goods are likely gone from being yours for good with a better warning! Send a ticket and let the demigod of FS make the call. I bet it comes up more often than you would imagine.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2016 - 00:47

Guilds are owned by its members no? Guilds are bound to fail if one person solely "owns" everything. So what if it's passed along the grapevine. If 80% of it's members vote yes it's meant to be.

Actually no Epic, guilds are owned by their founder. Always have been.
Regardless of what 'sharing' protocols have been put in place during the life of a guild, at the end of the day it remains within the guild founders power (and the guild founder only) to kick everyone from a guild and burn the guild to the ground.

When you consider this important fact, the 'mutiny' system is an odd one. You are essentially transferring ownership to someone who didn't create the guild. Which I find wrong, the only way guild ownership should be able to be transferred is by the guild founder himself/herself 'giving' ownership to another.

Perhaps HCS should institute a 'Will' system.
(where the beneficiary cannot themselves create a new 'will' within a year of inheriting the guild)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:48

Hypothetically speaking Mr. Doom :P... I don't know of a successful guild where a founder believes he owns everything and everyone.

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:09

I never said 'everyone'.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:30

z

Edited by zizzwyly, 26 April 2016 - 09:35.

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 20:24

To get to the point:

In my personal experience, which was unsuccessful btw, the percentage is based on active players only. 

The difficult part is organizing your active players to be on within the defined period to vote. 

Hope that helps. 

#20 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:41

Update to all in fs community the original founder has been in the guild for TG.  I do hope that all in the guild and the active founder get what needs to be done for the guild sorted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: