Photo

Hows everyone coping with the new forum look?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:07

Just curious as to what peeps think of the new look forum?

Took me a bit to adjust & still trying to get my head around it lol.

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#2 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:14

as the horse from ren and stimpy once said "so sir. I don't like it"

#3 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:21

Its very strange. I dont like that all of my forum PMs were deleted or that off-topic is just gone.

#4 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:39

Its very strange. I dont like that all of my forum PMs were deleted or that off-topic is just gone.

Apparently there's an off-topic section that's shared by all the games, but I'm blind and can't find it :(

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#5 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:39

Although I prefer the old forum.This is cool and take some getting use to but I like it,am gonna have to visit here more often to get use to it. the basic lay out is similar to the old forum. :wacko: :( :D ^_^

bannerfans_6199711.png

#6 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:41

Just curious as to what peeps think of the new look forum?

Took me a bit to adjust & still trying to get my head around it lol.

The sections are kinda weird. Avi auctions is in Marketplace, which is funny. And my total posts number is too low, I should be well over 900 :P

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#7 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:44

Apparently there's an off-topic section that's shared by all the games, but I'm blind and can't find it :(

Oh you´ll soon get use to it.I bet that within a week you´ll be liking it ;)

bannerfans_6199711.png

#8 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:49

I stumble and fumble and finaly foud the log in page but yeah I can´t find any of my post or my user with my sig.Can we upload our sig to our user am so lost it´s not funny :(

bannerfans_6199711.png

#9 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 18:53

I stumble and fumble and finaly foud the log in page but yeah I can´t find any of my post or my user with my sig.Can we upload our sig to our user am so lost it´s not funny :(

Yup just go to profile/settings and do it from there.

Use the little image icon to place in the sig url and perhaps choose centering (font format) for balancing it to middle.

:)

#10 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 19:13

I think General Discussion above where all the games are on the forum home page is the off-topic section, but if so its totally dead.

#11 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 15 April 2013 - 20:15

I am old n grumpy, so I don't really like the "new" forum feel. Reminds me of those attached to games mainly played by the younger audience - but I am guessing not everyone is as old as me :ph34r:

Am curious as to why I am not logged in when I enter the forum via the Resources -> Official Forum link though.. seems somewhat logic I wouldn't have to login twice :unsure:

Appart from that.... the idea of a joint forum for the entire moo moo universe, is a good one, and we'll all have to adapt B)

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 20:27

I like the look, although I don't need the background. I don't like that... at least for the moment... all the home page links to the FS have disappeared... thanks to a friend I was able to respond to a question from BG....

That said... none of my bookmarks to other FS Forum topics work... that... is a major bummer. Second merger or is this a poison pill?

#13 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 20:31

I agree with Egami, I could do withough the background. Maybe there's a way to change it? I'll play around and see if I can find somthing that turns it off or changes it or whatever.

#14 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 April 2013 - 21:18

New & fresh, I like it... ;)

#15 1daboss

1daboss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 22:13

I am not a fan of the changes the Cows have made. I don't like the new forum or the merging accounts.  I only play fs. I am like someone else said old and grumpy.

#16 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 22:22

I like the grayscale background for the forum since it makes everyone's sig pop out more. :P

Other than that I don't mind the change since I was still pretty new to joining the forum. Only really used the GFX forum and the Feedback forum.

Now I just need a new sig/avy. :rolleyes:

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#17 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 23:03

I definitely like the ability that lets you post without having to refresh the page, yay ajax. Though I don't like how my PMs got deleted ... I had some important stuff in those.

Anyways, nice change overall, I'd just like to see the subforums fixed slightly.

Also, I'm definitely over 5000 posts, not 4100 :|.

#18 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 23:20

Was looking at the numbers of online peeps on Fallen Sword & it's definitely improved since the change. Just think of all those new peeps on the other games who will be browsing the graphics section here now it's all linked as well=))

#19 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 23:40

Was looking at the numbers of online peeps on Fallen Sword & it's definitely improved since the change. Just think of all those new peeps on the other games who will be browsing the graphics section here now it's all linked as well=))

Thats what I'm looking forward to as well. I noticed there are no other graphics sections on any of the other games. Hopefully we wont be hampered by the fact that we're hiding inside the Fallensword subforum.

#20 jzaz

jzaz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2013 - 23:42

I think it's okay, but I'm not quite familiar with this yet.. and where's off topic?  :huh:

& just wondering, where's the "View active topics" button? I'm a little lost..

:ph34r: << I like this though  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: