• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:09

What I want to know is whether it would be worth rejoining this game, which I loved, after several years of being absent?

Does a player stand a chance getting back in the top 100?

How much has the game changed?

Does anyone remember me at all? (Akbar)

Is there still a radio show?

And is the game still a viable game, or has it died off?

Oh, and is the cult I founded still around? (The Order Of the Flame)

Hero to benjirocks, what else matters?

#2 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:21

What I want to know is whether it would be worth rejoining this game, which I loved, after several years of being absent?

Heh.....I often ask myself if it's worth staying (I think I stay because I'm too stubborn to leave :lol: ).

Does a player stand a chance getting back in the top 100?

Honestly, I think yes. Anything competitive like that takes work (but you know that), especially with the six-digit-level players you'll be up against. But yeah, I think it can be done.

How much has the game changed?

WOW. It's nothing like it used to be. It's much quieter now, and I think a lot of people you might remember have left the game, unfortunately.

Does anyone remember me at all? (Akbar)

Yes. :D

No, sadly, it got snuffed out, and I can't say any more than that. :cry:

And is the game still a viable game, or has it died off?

There's been considerable die-off of interest, certainly, but the game can still be played. Take a little while and read some of the forum posts to get an idea of what's been going on...that may help you decide whether you really want to start playing again.

Oh, and is the cult I founded still around? (The Order Of the Flame)

I don't believe so, but I could be mistaken.

Welcome back, if you decide to stay. :D

"In the end, you will always kneel."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

#3 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 15:27

Thanks. Nice to hear that one player remembers me at least. . .

I will have to think about it for a while.

If I do come back though, we will see what we can do about a resurgence of fun! Maybe try and get Skallagrim to come back. . .

And that includes a radio show. Which, as long as I think it is viable, can be hosted on my server space if need be.

What happened to Moderators, btw?

#4 Garnet27

Garnet27

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2010 - 16:16

Hiya Akbar, I was in The Order of the Flame (my elf Decker), so i remember you well. Loved listening to your radio shows.

I doubt you will get Skalla back, i talk to him and Missy often in that other game we play now lol

#5 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 17:10

Hey Decker/Garnet. . .Good to hear from you!

I will say that if anyone can convince Skalla to come back, it is going to be me. But, its a long shot at best, I know.

Marv still around? Benji? Kobayashi? I would love to see who all is still around.

#6 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:20

Hey Decker/Garnet. . .Good to hear from you!

I will say that if anyone can convince Skalla to come back, it is going to be me. But, its a long shot at best, I know.

Marv still around? Benji? Kobayashi? I would love to see who all is still around.

Nope, words only when he wants to be a pain in the ass, and no.

I'm here though and I think I remember ya?

#7 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 23:12

Yes its worth it .... games just diffrent now so come inside says the spider to the fly ...

#8 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 23:17

I think I do recollect a few more of yeh. . .

And, I am back. Starting from square one though.

Is the GoW website really that different or am I imagining things?

#9 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 23:45

to be honest i dont know whats happening with the gow im a editor on there along with debrutisid . I cant get either geach or jinxeth to answer my Yms .... So anyones got just as good of a guess as to whats going to happen with the gow as i do .

#10 gothador_vickieverki

gothador_vickieverki
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:47

The Gothaguide is fairly up to date but you need to follow the instructions khara posted on the forum, look for her posts and find the one about GG

#11 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:16

I think I do recollect a few more of yeh. . .

And, I am back. Starting from square one though.

Is the GoW website really that different or am I imagining things?

I think for many levels you'll be fine with the GOW. Get all your basic quests and so forth then later? I use the quest list and items list on here.

#12 gothador_nyghtshayde

gothador_nyghtshayde
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:49

Well I've been playing around with the idea of doing a show again. I just need to see if the server is still up and see about the login info.

#13 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 14:36

Well I've been playing around with the idea of doing a show again. I just need to see if the server is still up and see about the login info.

**Swoon**

I'd be extatic if you brought your show back! :D :twisted: :D

#14 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 15:42

Well, Let me know what you find out I would certainly like to do a show again, and don't mind helping out with some of the orginization if needed.

#15 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 21:37

I would love to have a radio show to listen to again!

#16 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:36

I would love to have a radio show to listen to again!

I think it would help bring back some of the fun to the game. :D

#17 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:21

True. I think it would be more fun.

Community-wise, the radio show, IRC and modded forums seemed to add something more to the game. As I am playing now it seems a lot like a ghost town.

Granted, there could be a lot of reasons for that, but still, there were great personalities here at one time. There still may be, but it looks like they pretty much stay silent, since there isn't much to talk about.

Sad, really.

When was the last time there were some good wars going on?

Or maybe the last time there was an active cult that dominated an exchange, making it near impossible to do anything?

How about good old rivalry between greats? I don't mean levels, I mean characters.

Where did folks like Dafodil go? Maybe not the highest level, but fun to have around.

It was even nice seeing the HCS staff here, even while ridicule reigned down on players and staff alike.

When was the last Gothador meetup, where everyone got drunk and made fun of everyone there for looking nothing like their character?

Guess I am just getting a little nostalgic, but man would it be nice to get some folks back.

#18 dyscord

dyscord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 23:32

Come baaaaaaack....

Seriously though, if we can start pulling either old players back or new players in, this game might start generatinig the revenue needed to regain HCS's attentions. And yes, btw, there is a rivalry. It's between Ragged Angels and the rest of the game. We won the game and everyone else caught the butt-hurt.

dyscord
AKA Persephone

Geek for life...yo

#19 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:04

Ragged Angels won the game, eh?

Hmm. . .

I don't like trying for runner up. I may never be in the number one spot, but I prefer to believe that you may have won a victory in part of the game, and all those other cults and individual players still have battles to win. Or lose. There are things that one cannot "win".

I would love to see more competition. So far I have seen some PvP competition, some power leveling competition and some of the ever present "My phallus is larger than your set of ovaries" competition, but even these are all very small compared to what things used to be.

I can't say I disagree with you wholly though, Persephone.

How many active cults are there? How many active players, not including alts? And by active I mean 4-5 times a week doing something. Quests, Leveling, Mining, Leveling wisdom, smelting forum crap into its components, Forging new ideas and alliances, etc.

Not talking about those that sit and wait for something interesting to happen, biding their time, once a month saying "hello".

Bringing the old players back would be nice, but I don't care where the growth comes from. Gothador needs about 500 active players to be fun. I think there might be 75 right now, judging from my past week here.

I can think of several reasons that growth is not happening.

Community. There is not the same sense of community that there once was. When I started as Akbar, I had little help. But I did get help. Immediately. As soon as I joined someone came over and handed me a club, a shield and a few other things. They pointed me to the GOW site. I learned. I teamed up with Skalla a week later, supported and went from there.

I invited folks to the game. I figured out an order to do the basic quests, so that there was minimum ap lost for those unable to participate in the bulk buys. I drop hunted. So did Skalla. So did MrMarvel. so did. . . You folks all know the drill. But, do we actively recruit any more? DO we still put banners up on our personal websites so people can see that the game has a presence? Do we all dive-bomb folks who just start, giving them enough of a hand to get them interested, but not enough to make it boring?

How about the forum? Do we still have a strong forum, or is it all high level players and old folks like me kvetching about not having enough AC as a mage or something equally ridiculous? Players like myself coming back to the forum see that and cringe. Why? Because there isn't much else going on here.

There isn't a good Roleplaying forum any longer. Accomplishments? That forum is laughable How many of the last 10 posts are about alts? Sure, quests might get updated here, but where is the vibrant trading community? What, not enough folks to have one? Bull. Trading communities that are strong are communities that grow. People see genuine help and competition in that area and they feel as though there is a reason to play.

I know that some of us help newbies out, and do so a lot. I just wonder, do we help them too much?

I do want to mention that the things that make a community are often not directly related to the game itself. Irc, the radio show, and things like that were wonderful ways to start off or end a day. Heck, they made just playing more fun, since you could bs and listen to folks and music from all over.

I would love to see some ideas as to either getting players back or recruiting new ones from you all. I am here again, and I will make the effort. How about you?

#20 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:20

3.5 years and you still aint fixed it you git, moar progress is demanded

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing