• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 20:56

Hi FS Community, I'm starting this topic after exp event after seeing how long leveling these days takes from fallensword players with high stm....and some times the game lags when there are a lot of people online at the same time (about this hcs sometimes get extra capacity to deal with the demand from players that are lagging on this event).

The Idea....

One thing that I thought today that would improve the playability of the game in terms of leveling [even if the game be lagging a little the player will be able to finish his/her hunt faster and less "demand" from the server will be required this way]. It would be if hcs add to loyalty section better doubler pots to be purchaged with allegiance tokens (and if wish also with gold -> this would be an good gold sinking idea as well).

Insight....

Titan hunting used to take 3~5 hours for players to manage an secure on that titan... Nowadays it takes about 1 hour or less with the implementation of titan doubler and teleport on the game.... On the other hand, leveling which is sth more popular and have an higher urge of server capacity due high amount of players that are used to do so frequentally could be benefited if the game added more options of doubler pots if it were accessibly easy to acquire.

Actual commonly found available options....

Doubler 100...... AH for 100 gold

Doubler 150......Buff

Doubler 450......AH Special 50k

Doubler 500......Sold by players

Doubler 750......Sold by players

Doubler 1200....Loyalty: 150 Allegiance tokens

Doubler 1250....Composing

Doubler 1500....Ruby Chest on global event (Halloween)

Doubler 1750....Ruby Chest on global event (Easter holiday)

Possible options that could be added to Loyalty Section (to be easier and more accessible to most players to greatly reduce the lag and server demand on big events)......

Doubler 1200....150 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 1 million gold)

Doubler 1500.... 250 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 1.5 million gold)

Doubler 2000.... 400 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 2 million gold)

Doubler 2750.... 750 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 3.5 million gold)

Doubler 3500.... 1200 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 5 million gold)

Doubler 5000.... 1500 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 7.5 million gold)

Doubler 6000.... 2000 Allegiance tokens (extra alternative: 10 million gold)

Consideration on the options suggested above.....

*The price was greatly increasing because it looks reasonable for the benefit of the potion if it were available to sell on loyalty rewards.

** The level of doubler pots was though to try to benefit most players even with great variety of different max stm which still by now there is no option that could be easily found of it (or none yet).

*** The doubler 6000 would be 121X which is about 1 hour of stm gain an player wearing epics gets, so the player could spend about 1 hour of stm with 1 click hunting with that potion....if the player get ZB before it it would become 139X [still average considering now with these new titans it is possible an player to reach up to 152 stm gain per hour].

Final saying....

If players and hcs like this idea maybe later players will be able to hunt in just 1 hour instead of 5+ hours generally takes from players spending high amount of stm => max stm + current stm bought with fsp on exp events.

Edited by Kbyte, 21 December 2015 - 23:00.

#2 WhoToldYouSo

WhoToldYouSo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 21:11

So you suggest that the players who play the least due to wait for stamina, should play even less doing their hunt too? - I vote for a 'Kill it all'-button once a year

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:37

So you suggest that the players who play the least due to wait for stamina, should play even less doing their hunt too? - I vote for a 'Kill it all'-button once a year

So you suggest that the only thing to do in-game is hunt?

#4 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:38

Current stm bought with gold on gold upgrades + reserve stm + current stm bought on fsp upgrades adds to it too*

Those were just some suggestion and it is not something which could not be adjusted for the better on the game at hcs's thoughts of it..... [for example: if hcs thinks DB 3500 on loyalty as max is good enought, it is all good... it is still an improvement against the lag]

Instend of just making fun of the subject, could you try to come up with sth that would help the community against the lag we have on that event?

Edited by Kbyte, 21 December 2015 - 22:54.

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 23:01

With the game getting older, more total money inside the game, stamina banks getting bigger...It's very logical that the ways/speed to use that stamina needs to be faster, that's not a point to discuss.

The only thing we need to figure out is how that speed curve should grow, to not just priorize the ones who donate more, but to find a balance for everyone.

Considering the time needed to spend the stamina during the hunts, while using high level potions, is very difficulty, even worse when we need to consider different locations and internet speed, plus the lag.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 21 December 2015 - 23:02.

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 23:05

Lets imagine the game will survive 20 more years, would be normal to see players with, lets say, 10 Billion max stamina, would be be supposed to still hunt with DBL2500? 

The grow is at our face, but again, we need to balance and determine the growth.

and for now, I don't think getting beyond DBL5000 would do any good, I think now the bigger DBL should be 4.500, for now, that should be revisited in the future.

#7 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 23:15

The only thing we need to figure out is how that speed curve should grow, to not just priorize the ones who donate more, but to find a balance for everyone.

That's why I also suggested to add an alternative to allow to be able to buy those doubler pots also with gold [the more players being benefited from getting better doubler level according to the stm the player plan to burn the better for the entire community against the lag]

Considering the time needed to spend the stamina during the hunts, while using high level potions, is very difficulty, even worse when we need to consider different locations and internet speed, plus the lag.

About this the only good way to measure that is the player checking the amount of time s/he takes with his/her connection spending his/her entire max stm to have an idea how much stm the player spend per minute with an certain doubler pot -> let's say an player with doubler 750 (x16) make his hunt in 1 hour and 30 min.... on double exp event  that same player if hunting with same buffs level and doubler 1500 [x31] may take about the same amount of time from an normal hunt with doubler 750 [due needing to kill twice the amount of creatures].  >>>> this is sth each player need to check according to his/her connection, stm willing to spend and doubler level.

[doing that for the player to have just an idea the time it would take]

Edited by Kbyte, 21 December 2015 - 23:18.

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 23:58

With 45,000 stamina and 1750 Doubler with a zombie brew(2012) and my hunt was about 2 hours.. Just counting the actual burning of my stamina once buffed/geared with all creature, realm, and other map references at the ready.. Skipped all the quests(would of added a lot of time) and used teleport whenever I could.. Farmed champions for two levels straight when they popped up. Never had to change equipment? Lag wasn't too bad as it was during the day, but I always do my hunt during the dark hours of night to avoid real lag.. Did have a lot of movement problems though.. Some rubber banding or noticed I would walk and my action list wouldn't load then i would reload the World and would be where I first was when it occurred..

Overall it was a nicely executed hunt but still a big grind of 45k with 2000 doubler in 2.5 hours..

Now to think of the players with more stamina, either from their max stamina or buying current stam to power level, you are looking at a handful of hours just burning stamina away.. Not even just buff/potion durations but the free time to set aside can be tough the manage.. Think about during the 72 hour time limit of the XP event.. I almost had to hunt on my tablet but if it got down to it, I would of gave up quickly..

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 00:05

I would keep the Doubler level down around 100x (4950?).. Gold amounts look good

Edited by RebornJedi, 22 December 2015 - 00:08.

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:07

Never had to change equipment?

Nope. The lag was more challenging than anything else!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#11 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:39

I would like the option for a better doubler as well ..The loyalty potions are way over due for an upgrade. the game has changed so much ..and the loyalty potions have remained the same!  +10000

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:51

I would like the option for a better doubler as well ..The loyalty potions are way over due for an upgrade. the game has changed so much ..and the loyalty potions have remained the same!  +10000

Agreed - Loyalty potions ARE overdue some love.

There have even been threads on this subject where the cows have asked for suggestions, and still nothing happened.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:05

Consideration on the options suggested above.....

*The price was greatly increasing because it looks reasonable for the benefit of the potion if it were available to sell on loyalty rewards.

Personally I find the prices to high, considering only your hunt time goes down. Your gold income does not go up.

As for speeding up a hunt, it also helps to have AM500. I would like to see those more available aswell. Though, with 1 big note, that it should be made so, that they are only useable for hunting. Say by enforcing you have to run doubler along with it. Otherwise other parts of the game become to easy.

#14 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:54

Personally I find the prices to high, considering only your hunt time goes down. Your gold income does not go up.

As for speeding up a hunt, it also helps to have AM500. I would like to see those more available aswell. Though, with 1 big note, that it should be made so, that they are only useable for hunting. Say by enforcing you have to run doubler along with it. Otherwise other parts of the game become to easy.

Prices above could be also tweeked according to what the community thinks its more adequate.

Edited by Kbyte, 22 December 2015 - 11:55.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: