2 replies to this topic

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:18

I got this message when trying to accept a new guild member - The target player cannot join another guild before the expiry time of the conflict initiated by their previous guild while they were a member.  I understand the reasoning behind the way this is set up and i think I was one of the people that advocated for it so that's not a problem.

The issue is that most players don't think about checking for conflicts when they are leaving one guild to go to another so they have no idea when current conflicts may expire.  As such, I'd like to suggest an update in this area.  Ideally, the new guild could accept the player but the actual transaction won't go through until the conflicts have cleared.  Once the conflicts have cleared the new player is then automatically inserted into their new guild.  The next best option would be for the player to receive a notice that all conflicts are cleared and they are free to join another guild.

May not seem like a big deal to some but it is somewhat annoying to have to keep going back periodically to try to accept a new player until it finally goes through.  It's also annoying to the player to be left in limbo for an undetermined amount of time until the conflicts clear.

Screenshot everything!

#2 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2021 - 15:57

I got this message when trying to accept a new guild member - The target player cannot join another guild before the expiry time of the conflict initiated by their previous guild while they were a member.  I understand the reasoning behind the way this is set up and i think I was one of the people that advocated for it so that's not a problem.

The issue is that most players don't think about checking for conflicts when they are leaving one guild to go to another so they have no idea when current conflicts may expire.  As such, I'd like to suggest an update in this area.  Ideally, the new guild could accept the player but the actual transaction won't go through until the conflicts have cleared.  Once the conflicts have cleared the new player is then automatically inserted into their new guild.  The next best option would be for the player to receive a notice that all conflicts are cleared and they are free to join another guild.

May not seem like a big deal to some but it is somewhat annoying to have to keep going back periodically to try to accept a new player until it finally goes through.  It's also annoying to the player to be left in limbo for an undetermined amount of time until the conflicts clear.

or in the guild name slot in the player profile display a timer until they can join a new guild

#3 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2021 - 20:17

its a group/GvG thing. cant join new guild till it expires i think.

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: