Photo

Assassin/Ranger Build?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scythril

Scythril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 00:21

Greetings!

I just started playing Eldevin and I'm loving it so far. I'm currently Level 6 but still haven't distributed any Talent or Attribute Points. 

See, I've always loved stealth and the like. I love playing assassins, I usually always go for rogues or thieves, depending on the game I'm playing. However, I also love rangers. Bows are some of my favorite weapons. So the playstyle I love the most in games is a stealthy ranged assassin. A nice way to explain this is if you look at Skyrim and build a thief that focuses on archery and one handed weapons. I absolutely love killing from a distance (especially if I one-shot the enemy and it goes unnoticed, again, Skyrim's a good example) but I also love dual wielding to death. If any of you have played Dungeons & Dragons Online before, the Ranger class is a perfect description. It uses both a bow and dual wielding swords and can be multi-classed with the Rogue class perfectly. It's a really fun build. 

With that said, I'd love to do something similar in Eldevin. I noticed both the assassin and the ranger wear Medium Armor so that's already something that goes hand in hand. Then I also noticed that the Assassin Talent Tree has a few talents that synergize with rangers and vice versa (like the Dual-Wield Mastery and Dexterous). Another reason why I'd love to do this hybrid build is the fact that I love starting a battle from a distance and if the enemy is still alive when they reach me, I can melee them instead. So, long story short, is it possible to do an Assassin/Ranger Hybrid build? Is it viable?

There are, however, a few drawbacks that I've heard other people talk about when refering to assassins alone. As such, I'd like to confirm with you all if these are true. I'm most likely going to solo with this character, can I really get too squishy? Will I have a hard time against more than one or two mobs? If I do get in a group, will I really only be useful in boss fights? 

I think that's all for now!

TL;DR I'd love some help on creating an Assassin/Ranger Hybrid build, if possible.

Thank you in advance,

-Scythril

Edited by Scythril, 20 March 2017 - 09:46.

#2 Legolis2

Legolis2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 18:01

http://talenttheory....B1G2I1K1L2N2V1/

Legolis_2 - Professional Respeccer lvl49

Suneky - Warsin lvl33

#3 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 20:03

A ranger/sin hybrid isn't viable as the way you described it, as you would be like a jack-of-all trade kind of thing where you're kind of okay at both instead of being very good at one thing.Legolis above posted a link to a ranger/sin hybrid build for a RANGER that uses some sin talents that benefit a ranger but isn't viable for melee. Your best bet is to choose to either play a ranger focusing on ranged attack or a sin focusing on melee attack but not both playstyles.

As for sins:
1) Sins can get squishy but dodge and armor gems helps counter that and you shouldn't have too much trouble with leveling, after all my first character was a sin and I did just fine 90% of the time

2) It is somewhat true that sins are only useful in bosses but they can indirectly help with group enemies if you have shock trauma which will increase any damage the enemies will take as well as using lethal concoction to do aoe damage. BUT as far bosses go, no class can do more damage than a sin can.

On a side note, I hope these "weaknesses" don't discourage you into not playing as a sin, it is a lot of fun playing as one Imo :)

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#4 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 20:17

I like to add that if you need more information, you can look through some of the older forum posts about this as you are not the first (and most likely not the last) person to ask for a build like this with similar reasons.

Edited by Night Striker, 20 March 2017 - 20:59.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#5 Scythril

Scythril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 15:07

Thank you for your replies! I've decided to go full ranged for this character as it really does seem like doing a melee/ranged hybrid would only end up making my character weak. As such, I'll be following the build Legolis provided. I'll leave the assassin path for a second character  :P It sounds like a lot of fun and I'll definitely give it a go too.

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it!

#6 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 13:50

When i first started playing eldevin i wanted to make a ranged-assasin hybrid too but i went with ranger like you on lvl 40 i swapped to sin and i loved it i am still a sin after 2 years and here is a build that i made for you

http://talenttheory....C1D1I1K1L2N2V1/

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: