#1 GreyWolf5

GreyWolf5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:02

I've created a second character that is level 3 now.  His achievements are showing for things he has not done yet.  My other character is level 27 and these are things he has done.  Are the achievements supposed to be  for the account or for each individual character?

#2 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:40

As we've just added multiple characters for the accounts, all existing achievements and stats have been set to account wide by default. They will mostly stay account wide so an achievement like 'Reach Level 20' basically means get any character to level 20 as far as completing the achievement is concerned. The character that actually gained the achievement is saved in the system and will show on the UI next to the complete date too :),

That also means, as your screenshot shows, the kills are affected by any characters as those stats/achievements are account wide.

However, I see the current stats and achievement screens as actually showing the Account Stats and Achievements as they have all been set to account wide. We intend to also store per character stats (probably most) and achievements (a select set - with character bounds rewards maybe).

So basically we had a lot to do in the multiple character changeover and its actually correct to convert all the current achievments and stats to be account wide. What its now missing is us adding duplicates of many stats that are per character mostly, as I think its nice to know what individual characters have done, and important for us to store so we have those stats for useful things in the future, such as adding the per character achievements if we want to, or other useful per character hooks.

I think when we add the per character ones the UI screens will have some kind of Account/Character toggle buttons to split between, as long as its not too confusing :).

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#3 GreyWolf5

GreyWolf5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 August 2013 - 22:40

Thanks for the explanation Cowboy. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic